Ravensblood Forest hush, lay down your troubled mind
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Please allow Derg post after me. (*´ω`*)

Donovan listens silently to each and every one of them as they speak. Holding eye contact with each one as they all continue scolding him like a fucking pup. His face is neutral, no expression to be found, blissfully cold and calculating. Vaguely, he hears something behind him, taking the moment to swivel his ears backwards. He doesn’t take his canary orbs off of the group in front of him. Little does he know, it’s a member of his own family. The ever so sweet and polite, @Derg.

Ultimately, he decides that he already made his decision when he walked out and saw the lot of them. Their words change nothing. They don’t know him, don’t care or bother to understand him. This makes them just as bad as he is. He is a saint to the ones he’s taken in, in the past and present. Given them a future and a purpose — direction. He treats his pack with respect and kindness just as they do their packs. His outlook and upbringing conditioned him into a different, more realist type of man. Not a fairy princess fuck with his head up in the clouds like the rest of them. The world is cruel, there is hardly any good and anything pleasant he’s ever had has been ripped away from him. The brindled male views life differently and if they are unwilling to give him a chance then so be it. He treats his allies like blood — would give his life up for one. They aren’t even worth the energy.

So, he stands tall looking to each and every one of them, mildly disappointed Simmik didn’t chime in on the scolding. When he speaks next, he doesn’t smirk or grin. There is no playfulness in his voice, only a calm sternness.

“I knew this would happen and the root of the cause is what I’ve done to Aphrodite, no? Then to your precious warrior. I couldn’t give a fuck about your opinions.” His tone is calm and collected even though the words speak viciousness. “I will tell you, and I’m sure it won’t mean shit to you, that I regret what I’ve done to that woman.” His eyes become intense, only a hint of sadness or possibly regret hiding in them for those who know where to look. “I take responsibility for my actions and I will deny nothing you’ve said. Just know I tried making amends. I fucking cried for her, cried with her. Begged for forgiveness and yet I know I will never get it. I don’t deserve it. My actions are inexcusable, for I was in a bad head space. With my previous pack slaughtered by humans, but I’m sure you’d see that as an excuse for me to reek havoc, no? Ignore the fact that I too had a family. You don’t place yourself in my position, you don’t even try to understand why. Surely it’s inexcusable to you though. Even then, I still admit and take responsibility for what I’ve done. It’s not enough though.” He shakes his head slowly. “As for your warrior,“ His eyes meet Huā’s own. “I do not regret that. It was a lesson much needed. I wished for them to take Aphrodite without a fight. Yet he attacked without thinking. A rash decision one must learn from. Whoever taught him to do something such as that has failed him. He will grow from it.” 

Now he shrugs. “We will leave without a fight. I will not risk my pack — my family — for such personal reason as her vendetta against me because I taught her solider a lesson." With the sentence, he makes brief eye contact with Hua, before continuing on looking at the others. "There’s no problem defending your friends, but I suggest going about it the right way next time. Words work just as well as actions after all. Though perhaps she and her pack could learn to not poke their nose where it doesn’t belong and if you do, then do it correctly. Every pack here will continue to stay neutral to my pack and I, it matters not what you view me as — a neutral party or enemy, I don’t care. Except for you and your pack. I will not waste anymore words on you.” The last words are meant for Hua, he gazes upon her when he speaks them. The entire monologue his tone remains calm, only becoming stern occasionally. “We’re done here. We’ll be leaving within the next few days. Goodbye.”

Uncaring of what they say, Donovan will turn his back on them and disappear into the towering sequoias unless stopped.
Messages In This Thread
hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Huā - July 06, 2020, 01:24 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Mal - July 06, 2020, 01:35 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Ira - July 06, 2020, 02:38 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Hieronymous - July 06, 2020, 06:09 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Lumiya - July 06, 2020, 04:28 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Simmik - July 06, 2020, 10:01 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Huā - July 07, 2020, 02:13 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Ira - July 07, 2020, 02:30 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Mal - July 07, 2020, 08:17 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Hieronymous - July 08, 2020, 01:03 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Lumiya - July 10, 2020, 08:05 AM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Simmik - July 10, 2020, 01:52 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Kynareth Deagon - July 10, 2020, 03:12 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Derg - July 10, 2020, 03:25 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Saarthal - July 11, 2020, 10:04 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Huā - July 12, 2020, 02:08 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Mal - July 12, 2020, 08:53 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Ira - July 15, 2020, 01:38 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Hieronymous - July 19, 2020, 02:56 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Simmik - July 29, 2020, 02:49 PM
RE: hush, lay down your troubled mind - by Huā - July 30, 2020, 03:11 AM