Emberflame Ridge in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Her acceptance was soft. All he wanted to do was listen to her speak more, and if giving her his name helped with that, he'd oblige her. Revui Os- oh. No, she didn't need to hear of his family, that would lead to stories of his failings, and Revui did not want to tarnish her opinion of him so swiftly. --Rikudou. It fit, for now.

The giant settles back on his haunches, hoping he doesn't frighten her with how tall he is, how broad. She does not look as if she is afraid of him. He tilts his head slightly as he asks, Yours..? Somehow he imagines her name is something delicate, perhaps some kind of flower or plant, and he begins to think hard on what he's picked up in his travels; he thinks of Speedy and her various attempts to heal him, and then his sisters, and even Kukutux -- but that sours everything immediately.

Kukutux in her burrow. Ikkalrok in her own, ignoring him. A tension pulses through his shoulders and he looks away from the girl suddenly, snorting a breath as if to expel the thoughts too. He aches for them both - and maybe this tiny girl can satiate some part of him, but he doesn't really know how to proceed with any of that.

Ikkalrok had been his after they had fought together, shed blood together. As he drew his attention back to the sylph-like girl nearby, he tries to imagine her decorated with the blood of butchered foxes and the image is hazy to him, ill-fitting. He remembers the feeling of Ikkalrok beneath him and feels a rush of warmth in his belly.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me - by Revui (Ghost) - July 18, 2020, 12:33 AM