Emberflame Ridge in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Her confirmation cements the concept in to his brain. He will stay with her until they are both away from this place, away from the dangers that might be lurking in the dark. The opportunity to cut in to one of those diabolical cats is intriguing and he is distracted by this new fantasy; wondering if it would be anything like killing another wolf, or perhaps closer to a bear, or something else entirely.

The girl says something coy again. She's trying to be humorous but Revui is still looking for signs of that cat, still plotting out their best route to safety should one emerge to meet them. He misses some of the words, and certainly misses the joke; he is distracted.

She shimmied beside him and he glanced quickly down at her, then away again, his ears pivoting to catch the tail-end of her little voice. Something, something, —scare them away myself.

What? He huffs, and draws back from her a moment to get a clearer sense of his surroundings. She's a bit intoxicating - from her weak little body to her fresh alpine scent, utterly different from what he's used to. He needs to focus. There could be cougars anywhere waiting for a moment to strike. But nothing becomes immediately apparent and Revui lets his guard drop ever so slightly, beckoning for her to come along with him.

He tries to be quiet as he stalks out of the fern patch and back on to the well-worn animal path nearby. The dirt scrapes beneath the weight of his steps though, a few discarded branches snap. He chooses a random direction and heads along at his usual stride, shouldering his way under a low hanging branch or two and hoisting them out of her path as a result.

Its almost chivalrous - but not on purpose.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me - by Revui (Ghost) - July 18, 2020, 02:33 AM