Whitefish River I Can't Believe There's Somethin' Left in My Chest Anymore
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The rapid beating filled her ears as her paws reached the pebbles of the shoreline. Her Constable mumbled back his own response, an unease chuckle following, though his actual words did not register. She felt...embarrassed, though it wasn't quite that. It was exhilarating— toxic almost as if one touch could be addictive. Maybe something else had happened when she fell, an injury she was not yet aware of, though deep down there was a part of her that was sure she was only making excuses for an all too obvious answer.

It wasn't possible, nor would she allow it. Ira had lived her life this long without the want for more, surely she could be content without the need for anything else. Not to mention, Hiero was nice, but she had already denied his feelings once. If anything, it seemed more awkward to think that she actually had maybe fallen for him in the end after all. That confession came moons ago, who's to say that the painted knight had not placed his feelings aside to properly move on?

The Count didn't need it, she was perfectly happy living her life the way she was. Chances were even if she wanted to pursue...this feeling further, she had already missed her opportunity. A consequence she would have to live with thanks to her knee-jerk reaction to closing others out. For once though, the thought of her walls saddened her. Perhaps this is what Speedy had been trying to say, that there was something different to gain when taking on a lover than a friend. To her, both appeared to be equal levels of support, but maybe there was something more for her to still gain.

Ira sighed under her breath where she was sure Hieronymous would not hear her while she shook the water from her pelt. Apparently, she needed to think about this. Jumping into it now without figuring out just what exactly she felt or wanted would only lead to some form of disaster and she'd rather stay silent until the day she died than ruin a friendship over something stupid. Mayhaps luck will side with you next time— I'm going to go rest now. And if she was not stopped, she would do just that, retreating towards her den.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
RE: I Can't Believe There's Somethin' Left in My Chest Anymore - by Ira - November 17, 2020, 11:19 PM