Neverwinter Forest We settle down to cut ourselves apart
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
He had continued to blow his chances over and over again, and yet Simmik had given him more than one—a monster who hadn't even deserved the first chance let alone everything else she had given him. And she wanted to believe Mal's rationalization, but it was hard to while she was still so upset about it all. Betrayal and shame had taken a hold of her mind and heart and refused to let her see the truth in what he was saying, at least the part where he tried to assure her that she hadn't trusted him because she was stupid. She sniffled a little and drew in a shaky breath. He leaned closer, but she stayed where she was, she was only starting to be okay with the idea of touch, but only on her terms for now. She didn't tense like she had before, but she didn't accept the silent offer of a hug either. The tears had finally slowed to a stop but her eyes were still puffy and her throat was still swollen. Her expression shifted to something vicious and determined, her jaw tightening before she spoke again. I told him if I saw him again or he came near our pack again that I would kill him, and I meant it, she said with quiet anger. They are officially our enemies. It was long overdue anyway. 

I managed to learn something useful, though, she continued, her tone cold and distant as she tried to push the emotions down to a place where she could avoid them and try to function. He told me who attacked Cupid and who tried to attack you—if he was even telling the truth. She supposed it could have been just another attempt at manipulating her. Still it was worth investigating. He said the wolf's name was Renard. So if we hear anything of him, we can look into it. All business now, like she hadn't just been a mess right in front of him. It was not normal at all, but that was nothing new for her lately.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Simmik - October 28, 2020, 01:16 AM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Mal - October 28, 2020, 02:11 AM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Simmik - October 28, 2020, 02:41 AM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Mal - October 28, 2020, 03:02 PM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Simmik - October 29, 2020, 05:39 PM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Mal - December 04, 2020, 03:35 AM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Simmik - December 16, 2020, 11:14 PM
RE: We settle down to cut ourselves apart - by Mal - January 02, 2021, 07:06 PM