Whitefish River Here We Go Again, I hear the Sound of pain
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Trade 

With every moment of silence, the threat of danger lingered. It lurked, always coming to knock at the door in the night. A moment when they were always resting and least expecting trouble, a moment when they had put down their defenses and grown vulnerable. It was one reason the Count had kept her walls up constantly for most of her life, though as she grew older, it became harder to keep that mask on permanently. It was ever so evident now, especially over the past two years. No one could live like that, a break would always be needed at some point, the key was timing it just right to avoid the crumbling downfall of an inflicted break.

Now was no different, since spring life became easy and while Ira was still wary of the lurking threats, summer went by easily. Now fall was drawing to a close and with it the harsh bitter bite of winter. It was about a week ago that Kaistleoki had sheltered a lone wolf, one that was attacked and chased by a bear by the side of their knight commander, Orlaith. Both had been injured in the incident, though thankfully it seemed as if both would make a full recovery thanks to Speedy. Healed scars did not mean that the root of the problem had been dealt with though.

Ira had sought out her Constable to discuss the matter. With winter coming soon, an angry bear would not be stopped if it grew desperate enough for food before it burrowed away to hibernate away from the cold. They had to ensure its death, or that it was chased far from their claim, not just for their food, but for the children that grew here at the river. A few plans had been thrown back and forth, but they would need the help of other wolves, not just her and Hiero, so the pair sought out the knight who had seen it first hand. Orlaith would know best of all what they were up against as well as where about they could find it.

The knight had been resting for most of the week, or at least she was supposed to, but Orlaith was hard to tie down, much like herself and Hieronymous. Today her scent lingered towards the borders. What Speedy would think of her jumping back into action so soon, she could only guess, but the pain must not be too bad if she was walking the lengths of their claim. Trailing the scent, the council duo would eventually catch sight of Orlaith as Ira chuffed to gain the knight commander's attention.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
Here We Go Again, I hear the Sound of pain - by Ira - November 12, 2020, 07:19 PM