Dragoncrest Cliffs crest
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Rosalyn seems to understand the meaning better than he does, while Erzulie takes the news in silence. Her annoyance might have wounded him if he didn't share it, directed at him or no; after all, he's the one who'd brought these terms as if they're a prize. But he knows as well as the scarred alpha that the underlying tone to it all is an insult, a feint and a sneer in their direction. He dips his head in response to her thanks. Of course. My feelings on it are similar to yours — it all seems like a drawn out insult now. I... did go off on him, a little, before he mentioned what I told you. About how I joined Rusalka for peace. I don't know if that's significant — but I don't want to leave out anything that might be, He glances over both of them briefly, gaze fond and respectful. Thank you — both of you. What I saw in the Tangle... that man has lost his grip on reason, and others still choose to follow him. I haven't known many leaders who could deal with that kind of situation rationally — but you did, and seeing the opposite end of the spectrum made me appreciate it more.
Maybe the depth of his commitment is out of place, so early on — or maybe not. Rosalyn had offered a chance at the life he's always wanted, after all, and they've already been through quite a bit as a pack in a short time. He doesn't expect the depth to be mirrored, either; his leaders are older, scarred, surely more jaded, and he has a feeling he'll have to prove his loyalty with time before he earns a similar commitment from the women. But he's okay with that. They're the type of leaders who are worth the effort.
Messages In This Thread
crest - by Alarian - November 20, 2020, 06:57 PM
RE: crest - by Erzulie - November 20, 2020, 07:04 PM
RE: crest - by Rosalyn - November 20, 2020, 07:05 PM
RE: crest - by Alarian - November 20, 2020, 07:54 PM
RE: crest - by Rosalyn - November 20, 2020, 09:00 PM
RE: crest - by Alarian - November 22, 2020, 01:05 PM
RE: crest - by Erzulie - November 27, 2020, 09:31 PM
RE: crest - by Rosalyn - November 28, 2020, 11:44 PM
RE: crest - by Erzulie - December 22, 2020, 06:18 PM