Hideaway Strath drowning in calm waters
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He listens to her politely, sure not to interrupt. Then as she mentions her last words he looks down to her softly before gardening his expression to look out into the horizon. “The path I take might be the easy one but the decisions I must make are not.” He says easily.

Then he continues, going on about his lineage and her insult to his bloodline dying off. He begins with a short, gravelly laugh. “You’d be surprised, dear.” He practically whispers as his hawkish eyes look down to her mischievously. A light smirk graces his lips then. “Why do you think I’m my fathers only successor?” He asks back. “He killed all four of my siblings. One was born a runt; he killed him nice and early. Another was killed at 6 months because he didn’t want to accept the Saint way of life. Another almost died in battle alongside me and refused to go back to the lifestyle. Old man killed him too.” He says blandly. “Then the last one lived long enough to be killed by the humans that stormed my pack. Truly tragic I would’ve loved to rule beside him.” His last words were almost sad — almost.

He doesn’t tell her the part where his father had another litter when Donovan was but one year old. Two girls and a boy. His father killed both the females without question. Leaving the last male to grow along side Donovan and his few brothers that still lived. He sadly also passed away during the fight for his pack against the two legs. 

Again returning back to Leigh’s last somber words he sighs. His eyes find her form once again. “I will never change, darling.” He looks into her eyes, his voice so soft, almost somber. “But if it is redemption you request. Then I will do my best to grant you it. I will try and help in any way I can.” His gaze never leaves the vibrant orange of her own orbs. “Forgive me and I will assist you in any way I can.” Are his final words are so soft, practically wearing his heart on his sleeve.
Messages In This Thread
drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 17, 2021, 09:45 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 18, 2021, 01:35 AM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 18, 2021, 11:49 AM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 21, 2021, 03:36 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 21, 2021, 08:23 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 21, 2021, 09:17 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 22, 2021, 06:31 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 27, 2021, 03:09 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 28, 2021, 06:57 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 31, 2021, 01:29 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - February 02, 2021, 07:55 PM