Broken Antler Fen I filled your cup until it overflowed
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,523 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Ibis was the picture of confident reassurance, and Maia was glad it was she who had stepped into the role of Auspex.  There had of course been a voice in Maia's mind urging her to try for it... but it was a quiet one.  She didn't resent Ibis one bit for having been chosen though she did wonder if she'd ever be capable.  Or even feel capable.  It all seemed like such a big pile of "what might happen" when it came to leadership, and there was no list of instructions or rules for doing it!

Despite still feeling like she had no idea what was expected of her, this conversation made Maia feel better, if only because it was good to know Ibis was there for support.  Thanks.  I really do want to try, I think everything is just kinda a lot right now.  I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.  She let a little optimism into her voice, pushing aside thoughts of Eljay and the future in favor of this.  Thanks, Ibis. And... if you ever need anything, let me know?  You or Lilitu.  Even if it's just, like, a story.  Or someone to talk to.  She knew that Ibis had been through a lot recently, and her daughter too.  Maia adored the girl and if Ibis was offering, least she could do was give what she could back.  She absolutely never minded hearing someone else talk and sharing the company.
Messages In This Thread
I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Ibis (Ghost) - January 27, 2021, 06:39 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - February 05, 2021, 04:40 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Ibis (Ghost) - February 05, 2021, 07:18 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - February 10, 2021, 07:42 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Ibis (Ghost) - February 17, 2021, 10:55 AM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - February 19, 2021, 11:34 AM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Ibis (Ghost) - February 19, 2021, 03:50 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - February 27, 2021, 02:15 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - March 06, 2021, 10:49 AM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - March 24, 2021, 10:40 AM