Duskfire Glacier when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
I always count it when my own character is being treated, as long as they learned something. The only reason I wouldn't count it would be if my character was unconscious the whole time. Lane pretty much always narrates her process out loud, so any thread where she's treating someone could be counted as a medic thread for all the other participants. 

Lane still felt slightly lightheaded, though it was unknown whether this was due to her dizzy spell or the lingering effect of contact with Rye.

He began grinding the poultice, asking a question about the application process between chews. The question spurred Lane's distracted mind back to medic-mode. 

"How does one apply a poultice?" she echoed. "With help, I would think, when the wound is upon one's own shoulder." Awkward pronouns, awkward half-smile. 

"We'll remove the old bandage, clean, and recycle it.." She started, nosing around in the crook of Rye's armpit-area until she found the end of the bandage. She unraveled their work from the previous day, revealing layer upon layer of crusted blood. Perhaps this was not a bandage that would be recycled, after all. Buried would be better. "We'll let the wound breathe a bit, and clean it.." She made small and rapid, gentle yet deft movements with her dampened moss ball, blotting away at the site of the wound. 

"And now, the poultice." Lane spread a new cobweb bandage between her paws, indicating that Rye should spit his poultice directly into the center of the bandage. When he had done so, she would press the bandage lightly against his wound and begin winding.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when it hurts this good, you gotta play it twice - by Lane - June 19, 2021, 11:08 AM