Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,114 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
When he woke up, Eljay blinked his tired eyes and looked around to check on the pups quickly. They were all asleep — by some sort of miracle — and he smiled to himself, until he realised with a start that Maia wasn't there. Maybe she'd just gone out to drink something or relieve herself, he told himself initially, and he lay his head down again to sleep more.

It was only when the soft crying came to his ears that Eljay fully woke up and realised that it must be Maia. He blinked in an attempt to get the tiredness out of his eyes, and then gently nosed Sylvie off his belly. She made a little squeaky sound in her sleep and for a moment he thought she might wake up, but then she just turned around, cuddled up to Hymnal and continued to sleep. Phew. The father had to avoid several other pups as he got to his feet and exited the den at last.

After this mikado-esque escape Eljay looked around to see Maia sitting there, not far from the den. She was looking up, presumably thinking about Wraen; Eljay wasn't sure where he believed those who died went. He mostly saw their bodies disappear under the soil, and he didn't understand how they could end up in the stars very much. He knew some believed that, though. Honestly, he didn't really remember if Maia did, too; for him, talking about loved ones was mostly about the fact they were... gone, and he'd never liked talking about that very much. He rather preferred to remember the times they had shared together alive.

Hey, he murmured as to not startle her, and walked up to her, leaning in to nuzzle her cheek and intending to sit down next to her.
Messages In This Thread
I could fight forever, but life's too short - by Maia - June 25, 2021, 08:20 AM
RE: I could fight forever, but life's too short - by Eljay - June 30, 2021, 02:14 AM