Otter Creek You would have to be half mad to dream me up
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Aventus smiled back. It was a shaky smile that felt like the corners were dancing right up off his face, forming a glowing neon sign for how nervous he felt. Normally, he had excellent control over his features. That seemed to no longer be the case in Arielle's presence. He tried to think back to if he had ever felt quite so off around her before. He had always known a certain greatness from her and admired that about her, from the moment they first met, but something about her touch ...

Aventus blinked doe-like at her backside as Arielle disappeared into the hole. His stomach knotted itself so tightly he couldn't decide if he wanted to howl with glee or throw up. He licked his lips once, debating letting her have the hollow to herself, but the cold was seeping in to his bones. They would dry faster in a warm place. The faster they dried off, the faster they could get back on the road and maybe forget that little episode in the stream. Not that he wanted to, but he felt stupid for letting his dumb little boy feelings take him over just because a friend groomed his fur. Get a grip of yourself.

With a steadying breath, the boy crawled into the hollow as well. It was impossible not to wedge his flank against Arielle's just to fit in, which brought him face-to-face with her. It felt unbearably warm inside, and not only because of their combined body heat. If his face could glow, he would have blinded Arielle. He could smell her breath. His nose was practically touching hers. His pulse and the rush of his blood were both deafening.

Um, he said with a wavering chuckle, maybe ... we should try to nap? As if he would be able to sleep with Arielle pressed right against him and his heart slamming in his chest like that!
Messages In This Thread
You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Arielle - October 16, 2021, 07:10 PM
RE: You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Aventus - November 19, 2021, 10:05 PM