Blackwater Islands entropy
Brecheliant
Family
804 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
They sure had a way of turning a phrase. Bridget digested it for a moment, then nodded and smiled knowingly. Alright. Sometimes there's nothing to be done, but there's plenty to try if you are determined. What were some of the common deaths she had learned, over the years? A few she'd have to go way back, all the way to her initial lessons.

If it's sickness, there's different herbs. Infection and fever I would usually use yarrow or elderflower, but I haven't seen much of it on the island. You would need to wait for the season and gather it. She drew a leaf in the dirt with her claw, and a rough sketch of the flowers for each.

For poison, you want to feed them something to get rid of it. I've heard of wolves using clay or earth to neutralize it, though I've never had to try it. There's berries that can cause a wolf to vomit, it might be better if you can find them. There were certain poisons that were actually helpful at times, but she didn't want to get into that without set examples to show. Hopefully the Listener would never need it.

Wounds are probably one of the most common. Stopping the bleeding is just the start. Clearly, infection is a problem. She smiled at the reference to her leg. But shock is the big thing to worry about initially. You want to keep them awake and talking, if you can, and keep them warm while you take care of what needs to be done. Even the best medic can't save them if their heart decides to stop too quickly.

All of that was general, but there were so many types of injury, it was a situational call. A lot of being a healer was knowing, in the moment, not to panic and to use intuition and prior experience to make the right call. The Listener seemed to have the desire and the nature for it. If she decided to learn, Bridget imagined she would make a pretty damn decent one.
Messages In This Thread
entropy - by The Listener - March 28, 2022, 04:12 PM
RE: entropy - by Bridget - March 28, 2022, 05:41 PM
RE: entropy - by The Listener - March 29, 2022, 02:31 PM
RE: entropy - by Bridget - March 31, 2022, 09:16 AM
RE: entropy - by The Listener - May 06, 2022, 03:27 PM
RE: entropy - by Bridget - May 17, 2022, 12:17 PM