Altar of Twilight Never had so[M]eone to call my own
Moontide
Beta*
734 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph's gaze flickered between Atka and the other wolf. She weighed their words, the difficulty and tenor of his that brushed upon his vocal chords like a growl but not quite. And the promise in Atka's, a desire that was similar to hers, borne out of a shared care. Choices, choices that were difficult. But everyone changed, everyone said things and then did others. What wolves could imagine could not possibly compare to the world. She knew that she had not imagined nor come to these lands thinking she would join a pack, much less any pack that would flaunt themselves as forsaken and claim they desired darkness more than light, a distinction Heph cared little for though she freely admitted she took limited pleasure in the night.

But she found herself wanting a chance at what this wolf hinted he might be able to promise her. And she did doubt his ability to match his professed desire to act but at least then that would be his lie and not hers. So she spoke evenly, no desire to sell herself, but clear in her knowledge and capabilities. From her previous pack she had not learned those skills which would help her keep records or touch the hearts of others, more interested in the raw basics of skills which would allow her to wander where she pleased and defend and sustain herself. "I have basic knowledge in hunting, guarding, and navigating." Her voice slid into something still even and sure but tighter the words closing in on themselves. "and would be willing to share some information I happen to come across." Heph had never worked as a spy and had no plans on putting herself in more danger than she was accustomed, not that she feared danger, but she supposed if it was information she was going to come upon already then sharing it was a small price to pay to be able to stay by Atka's side when she was near.

She let those words sink in for a half a heartbeat before she let her eyes briefly catch on the other dark-furred wolf. "But I need freedom, to roam, come and go, abide by the changing world." Her gaze was once again on his shoulder by the time her statement had ended, but her voice held no traces of humor and her shoulders were still as she spoke, serious.
Messages In This Thread
Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - August 28, 2022, 09:43 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - August 29, 2022, 09:25 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - August 31, 2022, 10:51 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - August 31, 2022, 07:12 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 01, 2022, 02:22 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 02, 2022, 09:44 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 02, 2022, 09:52 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 02, 2022, 02:58 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 03, 2022, 02:15 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 03, 2022, 02:49 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 03, 2022, 08:49 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 05, 2022, 10:00 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 06, 2022, 07:02 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 07, 2022, 06:18 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 08, 2022, 12:25 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 08, 2022, 07:17 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 10, 2022, 02:33 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 11, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 11, 2022, 06:07 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 11, 2022, 08:18 PM