Silver Moraine Now your life is out of season
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
His father mocked him. Atreus flushed with humiliation, rage and an acute sense of despair in turns. His chest heaved and his skin tingled. He didn’t know whether he wanted to cry or yell. It didn’t matter. When he opened his mouth, he found his throat corked.

Aventus gave him some options, told him to make a choice, then turned and began walking toward the rise. Atreus’s mouth clapped shut and he gazed after the retreating man. He hated him. The last thing he wanted to do was follow him home.

But he was exhausted and weak. He hated to admit it but Atreus knew he wouldn’t make it out here by himself. And he knew he didn’t really have a choice. Fighting anger and shame with every step, he trudged after Aventus, always maintaining a short distance as they traipsed back toward the rise.

He wouldn’t have much to say about Arielle once they got there, because Atreus didn’t actually care about her specifically. All he wanted, deep down, was for someone to give a damn about him. But even Atreus himself couldn’t recognize it.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Now your life is out of season - by Atreus - September 22, 2022, 12:34 PM
RE: Now your life is out of season - by Aventus - September 22, 2022, 12:53 PM
RE: Now your life is out of season - by Atreus - September 22, 2022, 01:00 PM
RE: Now your life is out of season - by Aventus - September 22, 2022, 01:20 PM
RE: Now your life is out of season - by Atreus - September 22, 2022, 01:27 PM
RE: Now your life is out of season - by Aventus - October 10, 2022, 02:04 PM
RE: Now your life is out of season - by Atreus - October 10, 2022, 03:08 PM
RE: Now your life is out of season - by Aventus - October 12, 2022, 03:58 PM
RE: Now your life is out of season - by Atreus - October 12, 2022, 08:51 PM