Pledged
Dragonspine
876 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
All Welcome 
Today, @Relic thought it would be funny to inform his sister how babies were made. Some of the crude terms he used were unfamiliar to Masquerade, though the process wasn’t. She possessed an innate understanding, corroborated by observing other creatures’ life cycles and, of course, questioning her elders from to time.

All the same, the reminder made her curl her lip and shove at his laughing face. Masque quit his company soon after, though she couldn’t quite forget the conversation. And soon enough it led her down a neural pathway previously unplumbed: would @Avicus whelp again someday? What about her daughters, herself included? Would they one day bear young?

Mating, conceiving, carrying and delivering offspring was one of life’s most natural processes. Masque found herself thrilling to the idea of witnessing Avicus’s next litter. And even the thought of @Redd having pups one day brought her joy. But when it came to herself, the idea made her cringe internally. She decided right then and there, as she sidestepped a log and began winding down a familiar game trail on the rise’s northern slope, she would never want pups of her own.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - November 29, 2022, 08:01 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Redd - December 03, 2022, 10:50 AM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - December 03, 2022, 01:05 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Redd - December 12, 2022, 06:36 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - December 12, 2022, 08:33 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Redd - December 18, 2022, 03:53 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - December 19, 2022, 09:43 AM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Redd - December 27, 2022, 01:13 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - December 30, 2022, 11:18 AM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Redd - December 30, 2022, 12:28 PM
RE: Some Words with a Mummy - by Masquerade - December 30, 2022, 03:15 PM