Lion Head Mesa polish
416 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 
Charles will be training with the guard, so I figured I'd throw up a thread! Would love one or all of @Khaba @Bayek @Reyson for training :D (i'll backdate a few days to accomodate Reyson still being here) Let me know if any of the details are off, I tried to stay vague. :)

Charles didn't like the position that the Pharaoh had put him in. Unlike Ramesses, Charles did not have the same polished image in his head; the one of the prince heading the troops, proud and strong, an inspiration to the people. No, Charles only saw that he was being made a mockery of. He was made to humiliate himself by training in something that he was absolutely worthless in.

So far, it wasn't going very well. Charles had half-heartedly told the guards that he wanted to train with them. He hadn't mentioned Ramesses' commands, because he imagined it would only make the guards think that they had some sort of imaginary power over him. He did not want that. It was probably clear to them by now that Charles was... not very good at fighting. Not even sparring. Not even play-fighting. And not even just training his body or mind. He hadn't had any embarrassing melt-downs yet, but they haunted him every time that he trained. He was filled with a deep-seeded fear that it would happen again at the worst of moments. He was a prince here, but how long could he keep that up if these lowly guards would find out that he was truly lower than them? Charles knew he'd never be the shining image that Ramesses wanted of him, and yet he kept trying. Mostly because it was better than going out there again. Fake it until you make it; that was Charles' theory thus far.

Today Charles showed up for another training from one or all of the warriors within Akashingo's ranks, as half-heartedly as before. He'd eaten a few berries, but managed to contain himself. He needed just a few to not be so nervous. Take the edge off a little. The coywolf wondered what today would bring him. He couldn't wait until later today, when he would be pampered with a comforting bath, being groomed, being fed, and maybe just a few berries.
Messages In This Thread
polish - by Charles - December 20, 2022, 06:01 AM
RE: polish - by Reyson - December 20, 2022, 07:33 AM
RE: polish - by Charles - January 04, 2023, 05:08 AM
RE: polish - by Reyson - January 04, 2023, 06:36 AM
RE: polish - by Charles - January 10, 2023, 03:14 AM
RE: polish - by Reyson - January 10, 2023, 09:06 AM
RE: polish - by Charles - January 16, 2023, 04:46 AM
RE: polish - by Reyson - January 16, 2023, 08:48 AM