Redhawk Caldera Doubt is a broken record that plays inside my head
Brecheliant
Family
804 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Teya said more but there was still no openness there. It was more of the same; deflection from her feelings onto the things that were just true. Maybe she truly felt nothing for herself.

But the last statement was hard to respond to, and it wiped any words from her mind. For the first time that she could remember she was momentarily speechless.

She was frustrated. Maybe even a little angry, the more she thought about it. And at this point, fuck it. Teya and she barely spoke anymore. What the hell did she even have to lose?

As if that would have made anything better. Bridget breathed out, then shook her head, trying to keep her voice level despite the tight coil of frustration suddenly present. Trying to avoid things and hide the truth have only made things worse. You could have faced this from the start but you didn’t. I told you lying to her wasn’t right. I told you the ones who care about you would always rather know the truth. If you’re ready to listen to my advice for once, then be honest with her. Tell her when and why it went wrong so she stops wondering if it’s her fault.

That was all she had. If she kept prying she was just bound to break things worse and at this point there wasn’t much left to even break. It didn’t matter how often she reached out if Teya wouldn’t take the friendship she offered. With a last look she turned to go, her smile gone and replaced with hurt resignation. What she chose to do with all of that was up to her; Bridget could only help as much as Teya allowed her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Doubt is a broken record that plays inside my head - by Bridget - March 19, 2023, 01:19 AM