Redhawk Caldera All the walls would fall around me
Brecheliant
Family
804 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She watched him internalize it and dismiss it with a touch of regret. Not for her own words, since she could only say the things she knew. But for whatever had happened to him that clearly brought him here.

She won’t need you unless you are there. You can let her make that decision. But sometimes a father can just be the one who steps up, and loves them regardless of if they love you. She wanted to see it for both of them; for Bronco and for Sorana. Parenthood was giving regardless of what you received. It was accepting your kids for the good and the bad, and putting what they needed first until they were able to handle themselves.

If he didn’t get it now, maybe he would when Teya’s kids were born. She wouldn’t pressure him into a role if he didn’t want to take it. Bridget just hoped he wouldn’t miss his chance.

Everyone’s different. It isn’t just about you both going through something terrible. Its knowing she can talk to you about the things she’s feeling without being judged for it. And it’s about showing her that life goes on and that things can get better in spite of it. Sometimes that’s the hardest thing to see.

He was so caught in his own perspective, but that line of thinking was a trap sometimes. It focused every fault, and every outcome, on him - even the ones that had a dozen other reasons for being.
Messages In This Thread
All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 21, 2023, 10:41 AM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 21, 2023, 05:52 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 22, 2023, 05:59 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 22, 2023, 07:08 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 22, 2023, 07:16 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 22, 2023, 07:28 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 22, 2023, 07:54 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 23, 2023, 01:04 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 23, 2023, 01:26 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 23, 2023, 01:51 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 23, 2023, 02:12 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 23, 2023, 02:42 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - March 03, 2023, 11:59 PM