Northstar Vale Trávma
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
<3

As Arsenio listened to the man speak, he found that this mental sparring session had been going for some time. It sounded as though Antigone had a disliking for Reyson, but the soldier could not state why. He admitted to having lost his cool, to speaking harshly. There was an apology in his words. The man did not carry an ounce of emotion on his tongue.

The Arche was quiet, after Reyson had finished.

The chirping of birds could be heard overhead. The brush of wind through the trees, scattering raindrops and slush. The natural noises of the vale filled the air. And Arsenio did not speak.

When the blue-eyed man fixed his gaze on Reyson, it was not with anger. This was held beneath his tongue, in check. The redstone wolf would not allow himself to succumb to it. The confusion taunted his rage, but he was steadfast, and he offered a smile.

He is not wrong about some things, the man reminded him. I must meet your stories in the middle ground. Somewhere between what Antigone has told me and what you have told me. I was not there. And he is my son. This last sentence was made as a point. Glacial eyes did not flicker from Reyson’s face. The man did not want to punish him. He did not want to chase the soldier from the vale.

Arsenio felt at odds with himself.

The boy is different. His mind works in ways- He is not like others. You must exercise patience. I must ask this of you, Reyson. If you feel your composure will slip again, I’m afraid I will ask you to leave.

It wasn’t fair, no. The Arche thought of what he was asking. Epoch would be a place of retirement for the battleworn man. It was where his love resided. All Arsenio was asking was that he hold himself firm against the sharpness of Antigone. The boy would find himself again, would grow. Childhood crushes were fleeting things.

If what you say is true, he will see you as the competition. Even if he is a child. His mind is older and he is aware of this, I think. Boys and their pride-

Reyson should know better than most of these things.
Messages In This Thread
Trávma - by Arsenio - March 02, 2023, 08:08 PM
RE: Trávma - by Reyson - March 02, 2023, 08:13 PM
RE: Trávma - by Arsenio - March 02, 2023, 08:20 PM
RE: Trávma - by Reyson - March 02, 2023, 08:31 PM
RE: Trávma - by Arsenio - March 02, 2023, 09:39 PM
RE: Trávma - by Reyson - March 03, 2023, 06:25 AM
RE: Trávma - by Arsenio - March 03, 2023, 02:26 PM
RE: Trávma - by Reyson - March 03, 2023, 02:34 PM
RE: Trávma - by Arsenio - March 03, 2023, 02:51 PM
RE: Trávma - by Reyson - March 03, 2023, 03:06 PM
RE: Trávma - by Arsenio - March 03, 2023, 03:34 PM