Redhawk Caldera Walk with me for just a minute, far from the walls where I’ve been livin’
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
You have no idea how nice that sounds, he sighed in response to her offer. Thanks, Amalia.

He began to plod along behind her as she led the way toward the lake. He stifled a yawn as she told him about something called a hobbit hole. Atreus arched a brow and snorted at that, a little disappointed that they wouldn’t get to check it out today.

Despite his fatigue, he made a point to look around himself. He could see the lake up ahead, not as vast as Greatwater but still impressive. Trees curved around its shores. Even from a distance, he could see their boughs swaying in an early spring wind. There were sprigs of green along the shivering branches.

I’ve missed that, he said rather mindlessly before clarifying, The sound of the wind in the trees.

He hadn’t ever thought about it before but when was the last time he’d heard that soothing sound? It must’ve been during his days on the rise. Between living in a dry canyon and a long winter, there just hadn’t been many trees in his life lately. Atreus supposed he should’ve thought about that before pledging allegiance to a mesa.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Walk with me for just a minute, far from the walls where I’ve been livin’ - by Atreus - April 05, 2023, 05:29 PM