Lion Head Mesa And baby, you should I'm only gonna ghost
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Was it about love? In reality, he didn't know. Nothing in life had ever been about love for him. But here, in this moment, it seemed a viable excuse. Wasn't it?

The fury in his eyes turned to coldness. An eternal winter, no warmth left. His tone softened, yet it was still hard. I used to think you would be different. That you cared. That you would not use power for self-servance. But now, when you say it is all for Akashingo... is it? He didn't think so. Not anymore.

You were always ambitious, even when so young. But you fought for what you felt was right. You fought for what and who you loved. I always felt awe, watching as you nurtured Nazli. Nothing could have harmed her, for she was under your protection. But it was only after you turned your head away, focusing on your rise to power that she suffered. And now, what is it done cannot be undone. Do you really think you are the only one that has sacrificed? If so, you are sorely mistaken. Look at Nazli, then. Look at what she has been through.

Momentarily, his eyes fell. His throat had grown a lump. Yet he continued. The girl you used to be... that was the girl I made an oath to follow and obey. The girl I admired. The girl I loved. But she was not that girl anymore. She had made this perfectly clear.

But you are no longer a girl, right? You are a woman. A pharaoh. So no, this is not about love. Because I no longer have someone to love.

Emotionless. Bare. Broken. He stared towards Makono, unknowing and uncaring of what she would say next. 

If she would punish him, so be it. If she demanded he take his own life, he would. But now for different reason. None of it was for the same reason. Not anymore.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Messages In This Thread
And baby, you should I'm only gonna ghost - by Merikh - March 24, 2023, 09:26 AM
RE: And baby, you should I'm only gonna ghost - by Merikh - March 24, 2023, 11:42 AM