Sequoia Coast sea billows roll
Loner
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
He was supposed to be the pillar, but he had broken, a stone dashed in nine different ways. But had he ever been the cornerstone? He had only One, and it was on Him his broken pieces fell and were upheld.

Though Dee had turned her back on God, God still sent Dee to help him; and in this Simeon understood that God had not turned His back on her. He didn't have a way to explain it. Maybe those words would come later. But her decision made her no less his sister, made him love her no less. He didn't eat the fish she lay at his paws, but he leaned into her and embraced that comfortable silence that had always been okay and understood between them.

Not twins, but they didn't need that to be what they were to each other.

Mama came, too, and wrapped herself around them, and he wondered, why had he been afraid? Her grief was like a blanket around them. Thin, and threadbare, but her arms did not lack the warmth he'd always known and found comfort in. Mom. Mommy. Ami. Children grown up too fast and clinging dearly to the familiar, even as they were pushed out to sea. They shared in their sorrows, their hearts woven closer.

John found them, too, but his words only stirred the anger still rising in Simeon's chest. He's only trying his best -- but his eyes fluttered and reason fled to the recess of his emotion, as sound broke the silence.

No, he said, jaw still set. He lowered his face to brush up against Dee's, thinking to whisper something secret to her. But his voice came too loud; it was not a secret he shared. He didn't know what it was. Anger? Grief? Did it matter anymore? The waters rose and broke over; he crashed like a storm at sea, this isn't fun. This isn't right. This is stupid - just like before, and we know how that ended, he hated the anger, but he did not stop, is Kai gonna die on the island, too? Is he gonna waste away like dad, or get eaten up like Judah? I hate him. But I love him. And God loves him. And I'm supposed to love him, and we're supposed to love him, but we just left him there too because we're all cowards, running away. Running away! Because things are sad. But I don't think life is ever gonna be not sad, and I think people are always gonna die. But Kai is still alive. We're still alive. And his brother and his daddy died too. And I hate that I left him there. And I hate that I'm here. And I'll hate myself if I go back because I promised I'd be here. And I want to be here. And I don't want you to leave me and I don't want to leave and I don't want to say goodbye to you or mom or Ava or John and I also don't want to say goodbye to Kai. This is stupid and it's not what dad would want. Dad would be so sad if he knew what we were doing. He'd be so sad, and I - and I - I -

I'm just a kid.

I'm just a boy.

He stood there, shaking amongst his family. Buffeted and torn apart. Teeth chattering, as though he were cold, though he hadn't been moments before. We need to go back, he breathed out and now, his voice fell to that whisper he'd intended, but he wasnt sure if he felt any comfort there anymore, and if we don't go together, then I still have to.

I'm so sorry, mom.

I'm so sorry, Dee.
Messages In This Thread
sea billows roll - by Simeon - October 18, 2023, 12:14 AM
RE: sea billows roll - by Dinah - October 18, 2023, 10:40 AM
RE: sea billows roll - by Heda - October 18, 2023, 11:56 AM
RE: sea billows roll - by John - October 18, 2023, 11:56 AM
RE: sea billows roll - by Simeon - October 18, 2023, 12:36 PM
RE: sea billows roll - by Dinah - October 18, 2023, 01:04 PM
RE: sea billows roll - by Heda - October 18, 2023, 01:39 PM
RE: sea billows roll - by John - October 18, 2023, 01:58 PM
RE: sea billows roll - by Simeon - October 18, 2023, 02:42 PM