Wheeling Gull Isle I come, God, I come
Loner
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Yet to Simeon, all the reasons he gave held all the weight in the world.

What was a servant of God if he cared more for a piece of rock than the people He'd given him there? But Kai's outburst stayed Simeon's mouth in a tight line. Judah is not dead. It had not occurred to him until that moment that he hadn't heard anyone else in the family say that he was, except for his own admittance now. Did everyone else believe Judah was still out there? Should Simeon? No, that was one hope he couldn't cling to; it was easier to take reality for how it looked be, and be surprised later on, than to get lost in the expectation that even now they might look up and see Judah running across the landbridge, alive and well again, and pleading with them to stop fighting, because God had told them to love their neighbours -- and fighting was not what love looked like.

His eyes fluttered to mom, widening as a voice cracked from her like a parched stretch of sand. It seemed she had more of an effect on Kai than Simeon and his stupid mouth did -- yet Kai still seemed decided.

There were more words Simeon could have spoken, but he knew they would only pour fire on the calmer waters mom had washed his brother with. And he realized, too, that he didn't understand Kai -- only that perhaps, he wasn't so much unlike the rest of them in this. Holding on to what they could, deciding through their own stubborn and limited scopes.

There would be no easy end to this. Only a choice that would pull them apart, one way or another.

I'm sorry, Jesus, his words finally turned upwards, Please. What do I do?

I'm sorry, he said, glancing past his brother, and letting his sorrow settle. He knew he still meant every word -- but he should have been more careful. I do love you, you know. Even though he had said he'd hated him. There was a part of him that did, but Kai was still his brother, and Simeon knew in this, he had a choice.

And he would try to choose to lean into that side he knew God smiled on, that side he knew was better.
Messages In This Thread
I come, God, I come - by Simeon - October 21, 2023, 12:43 AM
RE: I come, God, I come - by Heda - October 22, 2023, 08:59 AM
RE: I come, God, I come - by Malakai - October 22, 2023, 09:51 PM
RE: I come, God, I come - by Simeon - October 24, 2023, 12:04 AM
RE: I come, God, I come - by Heda - October 29, 2023, 10:12 AM
RE: I come, God, I come - by Malakai - October 29, 2023, 02:53 PM
RE: I come, God, I come - by Simeon - October 30, 2023, 04:50 PM
RE: I come, God, I come - by Heda - November 01, 2023, 08:57 PM
RE: I come, God, I come - by Malakai - November 17, 2023, 11:52 PM
RE: I come, God, I come - by Simeon - November 18, 2023, 01:09 PM
RE: I come, God, I come - by Heda - November 18, 2023, 07:12 PM