The Sentinels Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see?
Loner
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Praise God he had found her! That He had made sure he wasn't already too far away to hear. She looked older than him, but honestly couldn't have been far out of youth herself. He could hardly glance at her eyes without feeling the sting of tears, but he blinked then aside. She was clearly scared, and she didn't need him blubbering around and making things worse.

It's okay, miss. I'm gonna getcha out. How he'd do that was the next matter. If only he were string, like Samson! A better man -- but boy would that be helpful! Instead he had himself, and God had put him here and not someone bigger or stronger. So he asked for wisdom, and trusted even his weakness would be enough.

He needed to lift the branch without hurting himself or the girl any more than she was already hurt, and he glanced around the woods for anything he could use to leverage the fallen tree.

Patterns pieced together in his mind; he hurried to where a stone lay half buried in the dirt and began to dig it out.

It'll just be a sec, dirt sprayed behind him as he unearthed the stone, I'm going to use this rock and another tree to lift the branch off your back. Maybe you could tell me about yourself or something while I work, surely that would be good to keep her mind from thinking through the alternatives if his plan didn't work...
Messages In This Thread
Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? - by Raindrop - February 01, 2024, 01:43 PM
RE: Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? - by Simeon - February 01, 2024, 07:21 PM
RE: Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? - by Raindrop - February 01, 2024, 07:52 PM
RE: Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? - by Simeon - February 01, 2024, 08:29 PM
RE: Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? - by Raindrop - February 01, 2024, 10:21 PM
RE: Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? - by Simeon - February 02, 2024, 02:00 AM
RE: Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? - by Raindrop - February 02, 2024, 06:22 PM
RE: Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? - by Simeon - February 09, 2024, 01:10 AM
RE: Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? - by Raindrop - February 09, 2024, 01:50 AM
RE: Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? - by Simeon - February 10, 2024, 11:22 AM
RE: Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? - by Raindrop - February 10, 2024, 01:10 PM