Phoenix Maplewood on high alert
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
All Welcome 
Open for anyone that might wanna meet Tavi. Maybe we can make this a trade thread?

After the attack by the cougar, Tavi hadn't known what to do with herself. The cat had all but vanished - and the wounded wolf, whoever she was, had the attention of the rest of the pack. She felt like she was in the way; not to mention extremely agitated by the very idea of a big cat lurking somewhere among the trees. It took some time for Tavi's adrenaline to simmer down, but her paranoia remained. The thought of being in the forest on her own was frightening right now (not that she'd admit to being afraid). With all these wolves being strangers, Tavi had nobody to turn to, and nothing to direct her energy towards. She debated going for a run - but again, being alone and a potential target for the predator was not ideal. The girl grumbled as she paced, finding her way back to the cache where the dead turkey's remains were housed, and observed the territory for any disturbances.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna sniffled softly as she sat by the stream. It was all rather scary for her to see her mother all cut up and wounded like that. She had the feeling that she wasn't going to survive this. Her mommy... She couldn't lose her. She already lost everyone else. Her dad and brother had left for the dark woods and her sisters had distanced themselves so much. Desna was hardly in touch with them. Only her mother and now this happened. She felt rather hopeless. The girl even lost his appetite which was quite something for the slightly plump girl. Her fat was slowly diminishing with all her hunting, or well trying to hunt. But as a pup she was one plump little thing. For Desna not to be hungry or want food was like a bird that didn't want to fly. She looked up when she heard something. Her face turned into the direction of the noise. She remembered the female from at the scene but didn't know her really. Desna's ears fell to the side like one kicked little pup. She felt rather defeated, not caring if her pack mate saw her cry. She didn't want to hold it back. She was allowed to be sad about her mother.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
The entire event with the cougar had been fast, at least for Tavi. She had arrived after Ukko and had not lingered long - just enough to see the injured white wolf, and hear the orders barked by Reek. She did not remember seeing anyone else, so when the shape of Desna took form in among the trees, Tavi was perplexed. She saw the sadness in her, the worry, the posturing, but it confounded her. Was she hurt, this girl? Was something the matter? Well, that much was obvious. Tavi didn't know what to do; she wasn't fond of children, and had duties to attend to which did not include babysitting. Still, the girl looked utterly defeated.

She approached her slowly, reaching with her nose to sniff at her for a second and awkwardly nuzzle the girl's shoulder. "Hey kid," her own voice was a bit meeker than usual. She didn't know what to say or do. It wasn't until she was this close that the scent caught in her mind, and Tavi recalled the girl from the scene -- the injured wolf must have been close to this child. And judging by the age... "Your mom will be alright, don't worry." But she couldn't promise that.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna looked up when a female approached. The dark colored girl, battered her hazel greenish eyes up at her when she was nudged. The pup let out a soft pout before another sniffle fell from her lips. She didn't want to cry, but she couldn't stop it anymore. Everyone was leaving her, and it was a fighting feeling for the social little pup. Maybe she should have gone with daddy...

"Hey," she greeted sadly to the other. She didn't know the name of the female but Desna didn't really care about that right now. At least the female was there for her. She couldn't say that about her sisters. "But it is scary that she is so ... sick. Mommies shouldn't do that!," she let out rather childishly. "I don't want to lose her too."
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
"You won't." Tavi blurted, before realizing what that promise implied. She couldn't take back that certainty now - but hopefully it wouldn't come back to bite her in the ass should the white woman's wounds prove to be fatal. The girl swallowed a lump in her throat, and settled back on her haunches. "I mean... It.. It might happen, but you aren't alone. Right? You've got the pack. And.." There was no backpedaling out of that comment, no matter how much she tried. Her own voice was a bit timid; it was unlike her, but Tavi didn't know what to do. She latched upon the final comment of the girl, and tried to explore that. "What do you mean, lose her too?"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna looked at the female, shrugging lightly when she spoke about having this pack. These lands felt less and less like home now everyone was leaving. She hadn't seen the leaders in awhile and it was just scary to think that she would be the only one left. The female seemed to have heard her comment. Desna just nodded sadly before beginning to explain.

"First my mom and dad were together, mommy had a pack. Then she got in a big fight with daddy and he left for dark woods or something. I choose mommy who ended up here. My brother went with my father leaving me and my two sisters. That is the first I lost. When we came here Nanook and Sesi, my sisters, were different. I haven't seen Sesi afterwards and I don't think she is still here in this pack. And I talked to my other sister Nanook and she was super mean to me and just pushed me away. I only have mommy now,"she spoke sadly.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Tavi was at a loss for words, which itself was a rarity. She hadn't experienced the same sort of loss as this girl. Sure, her siblings were a little scattered, but she could find them again (she would find them again). Nobody was dying or dead, hopefully. The girl pouted softly, but then forced the expression away, tried to smile and make things seem more cheerful than they apparently were. "You'll see your sisters again. I always got in to little fights with my family, but we'd make up. It'll be alright." That was about all she could do; try to ease the girl's mind without any real understanding of what she was going through.

"What about your dad? Could you go find him, and your brother?" Maybe she wouldn't want to do that. Maybe leaving her mother in her current condition wasn't an option right now - but later, it might be.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna looked up at at the female. Her eyes turned a bit sad. Desna was old enough to understand that she was trying to cheer her up, which as a very kind thing to do. She didn't have to. Still Desna shook her head. "But this fight was forreals," she returned to her. "Nanook... is... Nanook. And I am not going to follow her if she doesn't want me around. She can say sorry to me first." There was the stubborn determined girl. Desna blinked her tears away. "What is your name?," she asked.

Desna shook her head once she started about her dad. "He moved to the dark woods. Mommy told us they were bad and mean. Daddy was mean to mommy too at the end with the fight! And... I am not sure if I want to live there. My brother was always mean to me. He said I was adopted because my parents are white and I have a dark fur color," she muttered. "Would you go to them knowing this?," she asked.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
The kid wasn't looking any better now versus when Tavi had been passing by. She wondered if her words had any bearing, or were of any use. It was disheartening to see such a lovely girl in so much pain, and with no way out. Aside from the pack being there for her, Desna sounded like she was trapped. And there was nothing Tavi could do or say to fix it - much as she'd have liked to. "My name is Tavi," she comments quietly, when given a chance. The girl is quick to return to the topic of her family; an unhappy situation indeed.

"No, I'd never go back to that place. It doesn't sound healthy." says the girl who gets herself in to trouble on the flip of a coin. "You have the pack though. Give it time, you'll meet others and form bonds - you're not alone. Just look at me! You've already got one more friend." Tavi felt like she was being facetious as she spoke; on one hand she wasn't fond of kids and wouldn't be caught dead hanging out with them, but on the other, she had always wanted to be a big sister to someone. And this girl needed a shoulder to cry on. Even if it was hella awkward for Tavi, she could provide that, at the very least. "You can talk to me anytime you need to."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna looked at the older female as she introduced herself. "That is a nice name," she spoke with a hunt of a smile on her lips. It wasn't like Desna didn't want to be happy but having all these serious problems happening with her mother it felt weird to be happy in the first place. Tavi advised her against the fact to go to her father. Maybe it wasn't right to do, but she also kinda of wanted to see him eventually. Maybe when she was older it would be something for her to do. She smiled at bit more when Tavi said she was her friend. She liked that. "I'm Desna," she introduced then.

Desna thought that family always would stay together but that wasn't the case it seemed. If she looked at Phoenix none of the wolves were related except her and her sisters. Tavi seemed to have joined too. "Thank you," she spoke. "How about your family? Where it is now?," she questioned.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
She seemed to perk up a little. When asked about her own family, Tavi gave a little shrug and tried to remember what her family was up to. She hadn't seen any of them in so long. "Actually, I was looking for my brother when I found this pack." It was something she had shoved to the back of her mind, distracted by the adventure of pack life in this new place; joining hadn't been her intention but now she seemed to be rooted here, at least for the time being. "I have two sisters I'd love to see again, but I don't really know where any of them are. And that's OK with me." She'd find them eventually. Unfortunately Tavi's player cannot remember the specifics so she doesn't elucidate on the topic of her history, d'oh.

"My parents are back at the orchard where I was born, probably preparing for a new round of babies. Glad I'm not there, oh boy," Tavi looked stricken for a moment, and then whistled like a kettle about to boil; "I don't think I'd be very good around little bean-children." She'd probably sit on them to death, or something equally clumsy.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna's ears picked up and listened curiously. So this Tavi had a brother and sisters like her, but she had been okay with her brother and sisters being away from her. Would she be that way later on? Desna was maybe more attached to her her family than this Tavi was. Desna slowly pushed away her childish sniffles. She was almost 7 months and possibly needed to be have like that. "You don't like babies?," she asked. Desna had never really thought about the fact. She was still a mere child herself.

"Well I am still kinda a child and you cheered me up," she offered. Desna decided that she liked Tavi. She had been understanding yet trying to show her another perspective. The gut feeling that her parens never would have any more children might be the fact that she wanted to hold on to the brothers and sisters she had....
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Realizing how callous that may have sounded - a moment too late perhaps - Tavi tried to backtrack. "Well, not.. Like.. I don't -" She looked like a deer in the headlights for a split second, stumbling over her words, but came to a conclusion once Desna made her second comment. It was sweet of her to say, and she didn't seem offended.

"I don't hate kids. You're sweet, but you're older. Its the little ones that I'm squicked out by. Like, really little. Brand new ones." They were so small and defenseless! Tiny squishable poop machines. "But I'm glad I helped." 

She let out a small sigh through her nose, planting a wolfish smile upon her face that was a bit forced, and stood up to full height.
"I'm going to do a quick patrol just in case the cougar is still around - but if you need to talk to someone again, just come find me, ok?"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna had to laugh when Tavi seemed to stumble over her words. She was the least offended because she was more a teenager than a child, even though she could be stubborn and bossy she had the sweet nature of her mother. "I understand. You can talk to me and I will talk back," she returned. She never really met any other pups so she couldn't imagine how it would be to have kids in the first place. She didn't want to think about it even. "You did thank you," she smiled.

Densa nodded eagerly. "I will! I will!," she offered in return. She did not feel like going with Tavi after seeing what that cougar did to her mother. Desna was curious and not easily scared but seeing what happened to her mother made the girl realize that the world was full of dangers. She said her goodbyes to Tavi and then left herself.