Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Come and meet Val ^^

Valette quietly walked through the territory. She had done some exploring and getting familiar with the higher grounds she had not reached yet. The female was used to valleys and forests, not to an actual mountain. It was a bit of an adjustment. She did not went all the way to the top but stayed rather low.

She was a curious being and rather quiet. She thought she knew others when joining but Mason left this pack, maybe he went to look for her and she was at his pack. She didn't know where he was. The girl, even though looking a bit on the skinny side, was becoming more and more like her mother. The only difference was that she was taller than her, but she had her mother's grace and beauty coming along nicely.

Her hazel green eyes scanned over the sloped hill. The huntress would need to practice her hunting more with this new underground. She never hunted on slopes before. She promised Steady a solid hunter after all. Though, getting familiar with the land was her first priority.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel for once felt like socializing. He'd heard that the pack had yet another recruit, and he was interested in meeting her. More and more kept seeming to find their way to Silvertip mountain, Zeke found that funny. When he himself had first arrived, the pack's numbers had been dwindling. Now they had filled out again. Zeke spotted a dark female standing at the top of a hill. She was younger than him, but very pretty as we're all the females in the pack. He barked in a friendly manner up to her, making his way to where she stood.

He stopped a few feet away from her , chest puffed dominantly. He may have looked big, and his constant grumpy face might not of helped, but he attempted to soften up. Hey! You new? He asked, grey tail swishing content behind him.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked down from the hill when she heard a bark. Her ears perked up and looked as he approached her. She looked with a bit of a hesitant expression, she wouldn't be rude to him, but she found it typical that the male carried himself so dominantly, almost coming over as arrogant to her, while he was not in the upper ranks. She sat down and followed him with her hazel eyes.

"I am," she returned, though new as relative, after all she knew Steady and Mason, she had also met Krypton before when she was just visiting. But she was new for him, someone she hadn't met before. She turned a bit towards him still staying seated and looking quite composed. "And you are?," she wondered.
Dazzle me, dazzle me, dazzle me with gold
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita hasn't met Valette yet :>

A small influx of new pack members had recently been introduced to Silvertip Mountain. Anita of course, wanted to meet as many of these new faces as she could. In the distance, a dark and unfamiliar figure could be seen on the mountain's sloping hills.

Anita walked over, scaling the hill where Valette stood. She had also noticed--much to her dismay--that Ezekiel was there too. Earlier, she had gotten in trouble for not respecting Ezekiel while being a lower rank than him, and had to have a meeting with Steady about it.

This meeting reminded Anita of her new Omega rank. A rank for the wolves who had screwed something up. Hopefully this new wolf doesn't know my rank, that would be embarrassing. Anita decided to wait to greet Valette until Zeke finished introducing himself, and stepped up towards the she-wolf, still keeping her respectful distance.
[Image: TBIERmG.gif](5/5) I, II, III, IV, V Incomplete
[Image: TAZ76Qd.gif](3/5) I, IIIII, IV, V Incomplete
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The darker female stated the she was knew then asked who he was. So far so good, hopefully things wouldn't take a dark turn. Ezekiel, zeta of the pack. You liking it here so far? He asked, hoping she was faring well. It had taken him a while to integrate fully into the culture of the pack, starting out a lot more distant and snappy. Now however he was fully interested in meeting his pack mates, and thought it best to be friendly to new comers. He relaxed his posture more, more comfortable with the confirmation that she was a pack mate and not an intruder. 

Then he heard footsteps behind him. A familiar scent wafted into his nose and annoyance piqued with a flick of his ear. Why was it that Anita was always there when he was trying to seem like a nice guy! She always ruined things for him, and with her here his possible friendship with Valette was jeopardized. Luckily, she was omega now. She should know better than to get in his way now that he had that much more power over her. He was comforted by the fact that he could tell her to leave if she started getting rude, and she couldn't say no. Until she introduced herself, he would ignore her presence.

LOL Anita is always there xD
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Haha Ezekiel, don't you think intruders would want him to think they are new in their pack if they were intruding? :P

Valette kept seated as the male talked to her. He also intruded his name and his rank, clearly this male wanted to prove himself. Though Valette was not too impressed by wolves that would boast their ranks. "It is alright. I am not used to living on a mountain," she returned, and well, she joined for Mason and he was not here now. Sadly so. But she did not want to talk about that.

The girl wasn't really too open, because she was still a bit afraid of losing the ones she became close with. The young female noticed that another female approached. It seemed she was attracting other members. Her ears popped forward seeing the beautiful female with her golden eyes. The young female gave a nod to her in greeting. Mason never talked about these wolves, so she wasn't sure if they were nice or not. "I'm Valette," she spoke.
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita gave the she-wolf a warm smile. "My name is Anita, nice to meet you," she said, dipping her head towards Valette. She gave Ezekiel a side glance, wondering if his usual approach was not impressing the new members like he usually thought it did. Well, I can't say he's a great first-impressionist. Anita listened as the dark she-wolf spoke. "I'm still adjusting to the mountain as well. Beautiful, but quite different from the forest."

The she-wolf wanted to appear as friendly as possible to the new wolf. Her first interaction with Ezekiel was a disaster, and Steady had taken note of that. Hopefully, she would have a new friend. That would be nice. Anita looked back up, her gaze directed toward's Valette's. "I hope this pack suits you well." The she-wolf didn't really know what to say, but tried to sound welcoming. The last thing she wanted to do was appear unfriendly. Well, I think Ezekiel is doing that already. He really needs to work on his introductions.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lol Valette, shhhh Zeke doesn't have to know ;)

The female stated how she wasn't used to living on a mountain, and seemed rather closed. She didn't want to talk much. Ezekiel could handle that. The dark male wasn't much of a talker either, so he was glad to find another pack mate who he could possibly hunt or patrol with and have it be quiet. Unlike Anita, Zeke liked the quiet. Valette noticed Anita and turned to greet her. Damn it. He'd silently been hoping that if they stalled long enough, the ginger girl would just leave. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Anita went off with that mouth of hers, talking about the view and other friendly things he never heard from her. Figures she'd be nice to everyone but him. He looked away, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. Anita had really taken over hadn't she. He wasn't really up to talking anymore, so he took this as a chance to start up a hunting group. Would you two like to hunt with me? He offered rather abruptly, but in a friendly manner. He could definitely go for some food, and remembering the hunt with Reiko, it might go pretty well.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched between the two, almost feeling some sort of tension between them. She looked at the two curiously. She liked the female she seemed alright, the other seemed a bit of a booster but not too unfriendly. He might mean it well. Still she stayed quiet as the female seemed to assure her. She gave her a friendly nod in thank you. There was not much she could say right? The girl just let out a friendly smile.

The male however asked them to hunt. Valette's eyes lit up a bit. "I'd like to. I am a hunter. I could always broaden my skill," she spoke. She after all had her hunter basics and now she wanted to specialize, though she was not sure in what she wanted to specialize.
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
The idea of hunting sounded like a good idea. Anita was practicing her hunting skills, and this would surely help. "I'm trying to achieve the hunting trade, so that sounds like a good plan to me," the she wolf agreed. Not only did she want to go on a hunt, but she figured it would be a good way for her to get to know Valette and maybe even connect with Ezekiel. 

"Where should we go?" The she-wolf asked, leaving the decision up to Ezekiel. She didn't really care where they went, as long as prey could be found. Since the famine, game was hard to find, especially larger prey like deer. Anita could surely go for something that size right about this time.

I guess we'll be sticking to the usual rabbits and gophers. It was good enough for her, but unlikely, and the she-wolf daydreamed of bringing back a large hunk of meat for the whole pack.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Both female's agreed to hunt, and Ezekiel smiled. He was glad that they'd agreed. Hopefully a hunt would help smooth out the whole rough introduction thing. He was surprised that Anita left the decision of where to go up to him, usually she would've intruded her own thoughts into the decision. Perhaps she was trying to be more polite now that she'd been demoted. He was fine with that, but it did make him feel a bit sad. Could it be he missed their taunting conversations? Never! He would think never.

I don't know. We could go to Felsig. Or down to that little creek I brought you to Anita. You two decide. Fish or rodents? He joked sarcastically, the famine hadn't left them much to choose from.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette listened to the two. She wouldn't mind to get more experience with fishing. She had learned from McTavish. If she hadn't she might not have survived if she hadn't learned how to fish. The girl was the man forever grateful. However, learning how to hunt on this terrain was away useful.

She kind of wanted the others to decide. "Felsig? Where is that?," Valette asked with some curiosity. The girl was not sure what to expect. "I can hunt both," she replied to the male, so for her both would be welcoming if she was really honest. She wanted to become better, maybe focus on a speciality.
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita let Valette's question drift--she had no idea where Felsig was either and decided to let the higher-ranking respond. It was mostly due to her lack of an answer; thus she decided to let Ezekiel handle this one. The ruddy she-wolf listened in on the hunting conversation, trying to catch the discourse. It seemed as if they had a chance of going fishing, which was a skill Anita had never developed or thought about. Fish was not on her palette, but she decided it would be wise to give it a try.

The she-wolf aspired to work on her trade, and the speculation of broadening her skills was what she needed the most. Thus, she had reached a conclusion on what she would want to hunt, but didn't want to speak for Valette when she voiced her opinion. "I agree, I would be open for both," she said, opening her mouth to speak again. "If you don't mind, maybe we could focus a bit more on fishing?" Her request wasn't demanding, but she was hopeful. Any prey was good prey, though she did want to try something new.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
I'm so excited rn this is the first time I've rolled a successful dice for any of my characters in a month I'm so

Ezekiel really had wanted the girls to pick, he didn't trust that they'd like his decision. But they left it up to him anyway. Anita expressed her wish to fish, so Zeke decided fishing it would be. Even though the asshole inside was saying 'let's go to Felsig just because she said she wanted to the the latter'. He wanted to become more of a gentleman, even to girls he didn't like, so he nodded. The creek it is. I'll lead the way. He smiled, even offering Anita a friendly smile. Perhaps they could make it as friends yet.

After a bit of traveling through mountain and forest, admiring the returning beauty, Zeke and his harem pack mates made it to the creek. They were lucky, it was flowing briskly and full to the brim. Suddenly feeling playful, he bounded to the waters edge, tail wagging excitedly. He turned back to the others, remembering he didn't want to look stupid and dropped his babyish smile to a more grown up one. It was obvious that he wasn't all grumpy and serious, once he got comfortable around someone. Had he gotten comfortable around Anita? Scary thought but perhaps.

Mmm so I'm gonna have a go, you guys can join in whenever. Zeke slowly and carefully made his way into the creek, it was relatively deep, reaching up to his stomach. And he was a pretty big wolf. Taking the fishing stance he'd been taught, he stayed completely still, waiting for something to show itself. After a bit, a school of small trout came his way. As soon as they were close enough, The grey male lunged into the water, teeth out stretched for a fish. When he resurfaced, he held a fish in his mouth. He was about to go in and kill it, when another group of fish came through. He tossed his fish towards Anita and went back in, returning with another kill!

After making sure no more were coming yet, he ran out of the water and bit further into the fish in his mouth, killing it. With it still on his mouth, he pounced over to the girls, ecstatic. Dif you sheee fhat! He said, dropping the trout when he reached them. That was wicked! And there was little boy Zeke again, proud and happy at the same time.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette has a success too!

Valette stayed calm and quiet when the others expressed their wishes of what to hunt. She was pleased that it was fishing, she had learned that skill recently after all and she was very keen on continuing that. The young female trotted after the male and female. Her feet lightly touching the ground. It was clear that the girl had been trained a hunter. Every step she took was with care and without a sound.

She followed through the forest until they reached a creek. The girl's hazel green eyes fell onto the water. The self-assured male stepped into the water. She watched how he went to catch the fish. As a result he did not catch one but two! The girl watched curiously from the bank, then to look at the other female. She went in herself too. Just like last time she went a few paces away from the other, thinking that the fish weren't stupid. She waited patiently with a steel focus as she looked down.

The charcoal girl shot forward like an arrow from a bow. Her explosiveness worked. She bit down on a fairly large fish. The girl was quick to go the bank. She was quick to find a rock, after McTavish-fashion, she slammed it against the rock to kill the fish. It might have looked rather surprising to see the quiet girl grab the fish by its tail and whack it against a rock. She thought it was the usual away of killing a fish after one caught it.
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella

The friendly smiled offered by Ezekiel was not expected. Prior to it, Anita wasn't even quite sure the male had it in him. She gave a half-hearted smile back, still somewhat estranged to his cheery actions. "The creek sounds great," she agreed, trotting after Ezekiel and Valette. Maybe she'd get to try fishing afterall, and the mere thought of stepping in the water was refreshing.

The group reached a stream with bubbling water. It wasn't a calm stream--but it wasn't too rough either. The rushing water meant that fish would be traveling up and downstream, riding the currents. Or at least that's how Anita interpreted it, she didn't know if it was to be true. She watched as the other two got in--Valette went in slowly, while Ezekiel rushed in with a childlike excitement. For a moment, there was hope for the male redeeming himself in Anita's eyes, but he quickly regained his stony composure. A fish was thrown from his direction towards her,so at least it seemed Ezekiel was doing well.

Anita rushed in, looking around for fish. She hadn't seen any until they were stirred in her area. A large fish strayed from the group and quickly, she shot towards it, muzzle plunging in the water. Her teeth just barely grazed the scales of a fish, but it was too late. The slippery thing swam right out of her jaws, nearly unscathed. "No luck here," she said, watching as the rest of the fish darted from her reach. Fishing was proving to be hard, but the she-wolf didn't let that get her down.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel, pleased with his catch sat back and watched the other two as they tried their hand at fishing. He was really proud of himself. Normally he was a kind of sucky fisher, this was the best he'd ever done really. His fish lain at his paws, he waited, watching Valette as she caught her own. The way she killed it was weird. Very weird actually, but he wasn't about to judge her. Everyone had quirks and a history. He frankly didn't care how she caught it as long as it got caught. Good catch. He smiled at her, hoping the two could be friends. She seemed nice enough.

Zeke watched Anita fail, but didn't laugh like he would have. He cursed silently, they could've used all the prey they could get, even if the famine was coming to an end. But he sighed and called out. Sucks. You can have this one? He gestured towards one of his fish. Mind you the smaller of the two but at least he was being nice enough to give her one.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched as Anita failed to catch a fish. Her hazel eyes were on the other to see if she could spot what she did wrong. Valette winced softly for the female when she failed, she felt a bit sorry for her. The dark colored girl instantly looked at Ezekiel. He was going to give his extra fish to her right? It seemed he was offering her the fish, good. So maybe some of the earlier tension was misplaced.

Valette gave her an encouraging smile. "Maybe next time you can aim next to the fish. It sounds weird but the water plays tricks on where the fish actually is. I don't know why the water does that but I learned that from the wolf that taught me fishing," she explained to Anita, hoping that she would find it useful. She didn't want to be a know-it-all, Valette just wanted to be helpful.
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita cursed under her breath, spitting the water from her mouth. The fishy taste lingered in her breath, but unfortunately there wasn't any actual fish to go along with it. She clambered onto the grass shamefully empty handed, sitting down with an exasperated sigh. "I suppose if you don't mind, your offer sounds good to me," Anita said to Zeke at the mention of him sharing his catch. It was a surprisingly grateful thing for him to do.

After speaking to him, another voice caught the she-wolf's attention. It was Valette, who was offering her some very good advice. "What you're saying makes sense, I will make sure to try that sometime," she smiled, gazing at the water. Anita trusted Valette's words, the ebony female was obviously skilled when it came to fishing. The way she had grabbed her catch by the tail and slammed it onto a rock was a thought that couldn't be easily forgotten. It was barbaric to an extent, but also impressive. She hadn't expected the seemingly soft-spoken female to slam a fish onto a rock, but she couldn't hold her expectations to anyone.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel was glad that Anita had agreed to take his fish. If she hadn't, he probably would've eaten it himself, which would've made him look rude. Valette gave some friendly advice, which made sense. He preferred his way of fishing, but whatever worked worked. Anita took it well, saying she'd try it next time. After a moment, it seemed the hunt was over. Zeke sighed, looking up towards the sky. The sun was leaving, leaving open the sky for the moon and the stars until it returned the next morning. It painted an abstract design of color on its way out. Night was coming soon, so Zeke thought it a good time to be on his way. 

Anita, here. He said, tossing his fish towards the fiery red girl. He looked from Anita to Valette then said, I'm gonna get going. It was very nice meeting you Valette. Anita. He dipped his head respectfully towards Valette, and an awkward head dip to Anita. He was going to be a gentleman today. With that he picked up his trout and trotted back towards his den in the hollow to eat in peace.

Last from me!
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched as the other handed over the fish. She smiled at the gesture and took a bite from her fish. The male didn't seem to want to eat the fish with them though. Valette looked at Anita. She hoped that the other didn't feel too awful.

She watched the male leave, and then turned to Anita. She looked surprised when the male offered her food. "Why were you surprised he gave you food?," she asked, smiling a bit, though she didn't know the story she read the tension as in that the girl was linking this male.
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita dipped her head towards Ezekiel as he made his departure, and turned back to Valette. The fish was delcious, but her chewing was interrupted by another voice. It was Valette, and Anita turned curiously, swallowing the last of her meal. Valette's question struck Anita as odd--she hadn't really thought that someone would notice her reactions to Ezekiel's kind endeavor. Anita sighed, but gave a soft smile as she sat down. She wasn't quite sure how to answer the question.

"He's been awfully polite for someone who seems to despise me or my sense of humor," she laughed in between bites. "We didn't make the best first impressions on each other, and haven't gotten along too well since then," she added, scraping the rest of the fish from its bones. Don't forget the part about where Steady completely dragged you because of your behavior, was what Anita knew she should have added but didn't. "I have gotten scolded for not being the most polite wolf to him," was all that she said, pushing the fish remains into the river.

"But maybe he's getting better." Her full stomach told her that Ezekiel was attempting to be kind. However, she didn't know how long that would last.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette listened with interest as she ate her fish. She was very curious about this whole relationship that they seemed to have, or well lack there off. Yet it seemed that the male was nicer now. Valette nodded slowly. "Well then it is your turn to be nice back, I believe," she spoke with a smile on her lips. The young female then looked over the other. She had made her own observations about the male, though she wouldn't know if they were true or not.

Valette smiled. "To me he just seems a little bit insecure, stating his rank with his name and boasting himself a bit. It just what I think, it might not be true. But it could be. A naturally dominant wolf would show that with its body language, " she explained with a light shrug. "I shouldn't be too worried if he likes you or not. As long as you like yourself," she hummed.
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita nodded. Ezekiel was obviously trying to release some of the tension between them, and there was nothing wrong with that. Although he may not know the best way to go about it, it was evident that he was putting forth some effort. "I suppose it is my turn," she spoke, not really knowing what she would do. Anita knew that Ezekiel was trying to leave behind the harsh feelings, but it took another's words to really clarify the concept.

"A naturally dominant wolf would not state his rank at first meeting, but rather assume dominance and demand respect with behaviour," Anita regretting saying those words, it wasn't like she knew how to do any of the things she spoke of. "Though I suppose I'm not in any place to say so," she said with a light grin. She listened to Valette speak--something about talking with another wolf was very helpful. 

"You're right. He's just a grumpy guy, not some kind of intimidating teacher," the she-wolf laughed with a small shrug. It's not like she had made decisions on how to portray herself based off of Ezekiel. However, she had put some thought into how to act around him. "Your words are kind," Anita added with a respectful dip of her head and a smile on her lips. "Thank you," she spoke, grateful for the she-wolf's comforting words.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at the nice girl before her. "Yes, lets not gossip about someone too much, though I didn't mean it in a mean way towards Ezekiel. I think he is very nice," she spoke. Anita thanked her for her wisdom, and Valette gave a gracious nod in return to show her thank you.

The girl was only one year old but had quite a lot of wisdom, such things happened when a lot happened in one year, also the year one had to grow up. They say wisdom comes with age but Valette felt like it came with experiences. And she had a lot of them in one year of life. "Alright. I will see you around," she smiled.