Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
AWareness & All welcome! :D

Valette had been here before, when she was still with the maplewoods wolves. She knew her way from that direction, yet the girl had successfully navigated to Reek's pack from the plains below them. She was quite proud of herself that she managed to find these lands from another direction. She was starting to learn landmarks, a certain tree, or small water. She liked that she was on her own now, traveling and finding her own way.

Even though she talked with Reek recently she still wanted to try and locate his pack, and also to learn from the wolves that were in his lands. Maybe they could tell her something about the taiga seeing that they were living in it. After all it was her mission to find out more about the taiga. It was a general demand, but she figured that she could find out how many packs were in the taiga and what they could tell about it.

The girl stayed a respectable distance from the border, as she learned. The girl looked out past the scent markers, wondering if there was someone patrolling. Still, she decided it was better to howl instead of linger and be seen as a trespasser. She let out a friendly howl, requesting a presence.
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Instead of Reek, Jhala arrives. She comes quickly and with concern, for the wolf that she smells is a pack wolf-- they reek of numerous other wolves. She stares at the stranger with curiousity, but is relieved to see that there was only one. "Hiya," she says, still eying the stranger. "Can I help you?" she asks. Her posture is tall and her broad shoulders are squared, her tail held stiffly behind her. She has to occassionally remind herself of her rank, and how Reek would feel if she didn't demand respect at the borders. She was in charge, she needed to make sure others knew that. Don't forget, Jhala, she'd tell herself.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette instantly showed a kind smile when someone responded. Her tail let out a gentle wag. "Hi M'am," she greeted politely. She looked over the other, who didn't seem too bad either. However she did seem to carry some power. Would that mean she was Reek's new mate and leading with her? Valette shook that thought of her.

"I'm Valette, perviously known as Desna. I am close to Reek, he kinda sees me as his daughter. Though, I know he isn't here because I met him a few days ago. However, I've been sent on a scouting mission and I hoped that you as a local could tell me something about the taiga, or maybe something about your pack?," she explained. She hoped it would help if she mentioned she was close to their alpha.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala listens curiously, her tail flicking once or twice. "Well-- I'm glad you know Reek, he's a great alpha," she says, smiling at the thought of her leader. "But I can't really give you any info on our pack-- sorta confidential, ya know?" she says. This girl was probably the same age as her, if not close at least. "The surronding area though... There's a pack that way called Sleeping Dragon, I recommend you stay away from them, they're not real kind," she says, motioning towards Drageda's direction. "Uh. That's honest to god... er.. Daystar--" she mutters the last part with confusion and uncertainty, but continues on, "-- all I can tell you. I don't like leaving the borders, less people to protect 'em, ya know?" 

She pauses, shaking her head. "I'm Jhala, sorry, Reek's Beta-- Grand Vicar, now." 
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was pleased to hear that Reek was leading well, she remembered him doing the same at the maplewood. She didn't expect anything else, yet it was good to hear that confirmation. Valette nodded understandingly when the other spoke about it being confidential. "I understand. I didn't mean to pry. Every bit of information is welcome," she spoke on a kind tone. The girl realized that the other might even be her age now she looked at her, but maybe it was her power of a higher rank that made the other female look older in her eyes.

"Oh, well that is good to know. I was planning on going in that direction so I will take extra care then, go down south again around the Maplewood Area," she explained, that might be the safest way then. "So the Daystar is like your god I assume? If you want I can keep that for myself," she offered, she wouldn't want to be on bad terms with someone and give her pack a bad name. "Understandable. My alpha, Steady, has the same, hence why I do the exploring for him," she hummed.

"Is this pack still named Larksong Grotto?," she curiously asked, it would be good to know the pack's name instead of having to describe one's location. "I'm Valette. I live at Silvertip Mountain, other side of the mountain range," she introduced to the other. "Grand Vicar sounds really impressive!," she complimented with a smile.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"Nah it's cool. Reek is just out and I don't wanna be sharing stuff he doesn't want shared-- that's all," she tells her, tail wagging a little. "Maplewood should be empty-- that's where Reek came from, his wife left, from what I know," she adds, hoping that was also informative to the girl. "And I don't think that's a problem. Reek and Kesheph I'm sure would want the whole world to know of the Daystar's light," she explains, shaking her head. The words were weird on her tongue, and she surely didn't agree with them, but-- as usual-- whatever made Reek happy.

"Yeah we're still Larksong Grotto," she says, nodding, then tilts her head. "I've never heard of Silvertip-- sounds cool though," she adds, smiling. "And thanks! I wish I knew what it meant," she admits, chuckling with embarressment.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at that, it sounded like Reek. "Understandable, once again. Some pack have more of a culture and dislike sharing that to strangers. If I really want or need to know more I can always ask Reek himself. Then you wouldn't be in trouble or something like that," she spoke with a light chuckle. She really liked this female.

Valette slowly nodded. "I know. I was there. My mother and me came to that pack, lived under Reek's leadership. When my mother died of a cougar attack Reek kind of adopted me and became my father figure. I was out exploring when he and his wife broke. Only weeks later we were threatened by a pack, I believe it was Sleeping Dragon now you mentioned the name, and I was ordered to leave with them," she explained. It had been a confusing time for her. Losing another parent, or so it seemed.

The girl had to smile at the other's words. "Well, grand means big right? And Vicar... well. It sounds... impressive. So maybe you are the most impressive member of your pack!!," she complimented. "You are really cool, Jhala! If you feel like traveling one day you can always come and visit me at Silvertip Mountain," she offered.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"A cougar??" Jhala asks, her ears perking. "I'm so sorry-- I'm glad you're good though," she says, tail wagging a bit behind her. "Reek's a great guy, I've been here the longest with him and I don't think I'd ever want to leave. He's a great leader too, I love being a part of his pack," she tells her, her dark tail picking up pace a little bit more. "But I'm glad you were reunited with him-- it sounds like he's important to you," she adds, realizing she'd turned the conversation on herself.

"I think I've just been here the longest," she chuckles, shaking her head. Her cheeks are red hot, and had it not been for her dark fur Valette probably would've been able to tell. "Plus I'm the size of a bear-- so that helps," she adds jokingly, but she always assumed that her large size has given her an advantage when it comes to her rank. Intimidation is always a key factor.

"Aw... thanks man," she then says, tail still wagging with excitement. "I might! Maybe when Reek comes back, I don't know how long he's supposed to be gone."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded slowly. "It was quite dramatic at the time, I must admit," she spoke but she knew it was better this way. Her mother had been rather troubled herself and this was the better way for her to be finally at rest. Valette could only agree with her, first she couldn't but slowly she had realized that even though Reek had made a mistake he was still a good guy trying to amend things. "He is. It was good to see him, I almost went to join this pack, but the wounds of him leaving were too fresh and I didn't know the whole story.

[b]"Reek is lucky with such a loyal wolf like yourself,"
she spoke. "Yes, you look really impressive," she admitted. Valette was just common size for a female, not too big but not petite either. Only the famine made her bones a bit more visible. "He went out to look for his kids, and retrieve them. So depending on how fast he will find them, and how cooperative they are Reek will probably take some time," she admitted, her tail wagging a bit too. "I'm happy for him. He deserves it," she hummed.

Valette sucked some air. "Well, I think I will be going, I wouldn't want to impose too much on your time. I will speak fondly about Larksong towards my alpha. So if you happen to be on the other side of the mountain range when Reek returns feel more than welcome to visit," she encouraged.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala nods along to the other girl, blushing only when she tells her she looks impressive. "Aw-- thanks, man," she mutters, her tail wagging behind her. She listens to her speak about where Reek is going-- which she already knew-- and a timeline. Jhala continues to nod, her ears perking with interest. "Well, whenever he's back, I'll be here," she tells the other, grinning.

The stranger-- possibly friend by now-- announces that she should return, and Jhala dips her head with understanding. "Sure," she says, tail still wagging. "And you are welcome to come back anytime," she adds, ears perking. "Good luck with your scouting!" she adds, and when the woman leaves, she begins to trot along the borders once again.

last for me <3
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette grinned at the other. "Thanks!," she hummed happily. She definitely saw this female as a new friend even though they just met. If only traveling between their packs wasn't so far away. She had learned something new though, and the next part of her travels needed to be entered with caution, after all these Sleeping Dragon wolves were no joke!

She shot another smile at Jhala. "Take care!," she wished her and then trotted off in the direction of sleeping dragon, but before she would reach that she would come across other parts of the taiga. New and unexplored lands. She loved this, maybe just as much as hunting. 

thank you! <3