Silvertip Mountain Will you be there?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
I wanted another thread in Northstar Vale, but I thought.. fuck it! xD @Ezekiel so excited!

Valette had been traveling through the night. She wanted to get home, she was tired being on the road alone. She had been gone for a long time, but she was eager to return, with a lot of information. The girl had been rather busy, but she had been thinking about Ezekiel, and what was blossoming between them. Or maybe she was just imagining it. She liked him but her experience with men and their promises. Ezekiel had promised her that he would be there when she would return. Yet she was not sure if he was going to keep that promise.

It was becoming dawn and she was the mountain before her. She was home. The tiredness was starting to get to her. Her traveling was getting to her. She had traveled many miles. She came closer to the border and as she approached it she felt happy. She was too tired to howl for her pack, and even though she might smell like a stranger she trotted over the border into her home. She wanted to lie down somewhere, rest first before she would go to Steady and tell what she had experienced. She figured Ezekiel was gone or at least not waiting for her, probably cozied up to some other female.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
I'M SO EXCITED <3333

Ezekiel trotted along the borders, anxiously. When he'd returned from Neverwinter, he'd been relieved that he'd beaten Valette back home. He had promise that he'd be there, and there he was. He was excited to see her again, however it's been three days since he'd returned. Not to mention all the time before he'd even gone. He was beginning to worry about her. He'd wanted to protect her, to care for her. How could he when she was gone. And the thought that she might've just left only wounded him more. Every day since he'd returned he'd been out at the borders. Patrolling all day. He had patrolled all night, hoping to see her coming. He wouldn't give in, but was planning on turning back to rest.

Just as he was turning to trot into the forest with a sad sigh, he saw a small figure. Dawn's lighting caught her pelt, the brownish tint shimmering. He couldn't recognize her just yet, but when he saw her glowing hazel eyes, he knew it was her. A grin spread across Zeke's face, his pale blue eyes lighting with glee. He would keep his promise after all. Tail wagging, he rushed forwards to meet her. He stopped a few feet away and looked the smaller female over to check for injuries. She looked ok, but tired. Valette! You're back. Was all he could think to say, but with a boyish smile upon his face. He couldn't contain his happiness, for he'd worried that he'd never see her again.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
ME TOO!

Valette trotted over the border, quite tired, so she didn't realize that Ezekiel was right there. She turned to him as he came up to her. She was surprised that he was even here. She expected him to be away, or at least, not awake. She took in how happy he looked, which made her look rather happy too. Her tail wagged in excitement. She sank down in a sitting position. "Hey Zeke," she greeted. "I am. Yet tired. I'm not much company now I am afraid," she admitted and smiled tiredly at him.

The young girl was smiling though. "How have you been?," she managed to ask. She looked at him curiously, not sure what had happened at her own pack. She kind of wanted to sleep, luckily Ezekiel had promised to watch over her the last time she watched over him napping. She had walked all through the night, so now, being home all the tiredness sunk in her body. "Do you have somewhere where I can sleep?," she asked.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Valette sank in front of him, clearly she was tired. Instinct told him to help her out, keep her steady, so he offered his shoulder for her to lean on. Her tiredness was troubling to him, was she sick? She didn't smell sick, but he still worried. However for now he was only happy that she was back. She spoke, her level voice was music in his ears. He'd almost forgotten how she sounded, he'd missed that. Well then I'll be your company, you just rest. He assured her, she didn't need to speak. Something he liked about her, simply her presence was company enough. She wearily asked how he'd been, and he chuckled in disbelief. How was he doing? What about her!

Me? I've been fine. Same old same old I guess. He was going to ask how her trip was, when another question sprouted from her mouth.. He remembered his promise to her, and nodded. Should I take you to your den? Or you can sleep in mine if you want. I'll watch and make sure your ok, like I promised. He said, bowing his head to her slightly, yet shifting closer in case he need help her up.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at the offer and nodded. She liked that. Because she felt like she wasn't good company for Zeke at the moment. "I'd like that. I don't have a den. I just slept outside," she admitted. Valette hadn't bothered to find a den yet, and most of the mountain was rock, she was used to soft earth. She didn't feel ready yet in a cave or something like that. Maybe with Ezekiel there, though he spoke about a den.

"Did nothing exciting happen here?," she asked curiously. "I'd like to go to your den," she admitted, blushing a bit. She wouldn't mind to snuggle against him and just rest her tried limbs. She noticed that he was very eager to make sure that she was okay. She kind of liked to think that he really cared for her. He seemed far more caring and open then when they first met. "I'm sorry I am not much of a verbal partner right now. Lead the way. After some rest I can probably tell you more," she offered to him.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Small pp, I can change if you want <3

She had no den? That was a bit of a shock but didn't surprise him. She was a ranger, and wasn't here much anyway. Why make a permanent den if your going to be away from it all the time. It was a sad thought, but brought up another idea. Perhaps she could stay with him? He wouldn't mind sharing his den with her. She asked if anything exciting happened, but dropped that thought quickly. She wanted to go to his den, and he nodded. She admitted again that she wasn't up for much talking right now, which he understood. I'll tell you more when your not so tired, and yeah you can follow me. He gave her a smile, then turned from the border, walking towards his den by her side. He wanted to be there just in case she got tired and tripped on the way. He doubted she would be careless like that, but he liked to be sure.

They walked in silence, which was fine for Ezekiel. He wondered if she knew about Krypton, doubted she did. There was much he wanted to tell her actually, but that could wait. For now he lived in the moment. Every time her pelt brushed on his was like and explosion in his heart. Still a new feeling for him, but he'd definitely missed her. For all the time he'd lost while she was away, he would make up. Soon they arrived at his tree, his soft nest in the hollow at its base. He bounded ahead a few steps to nose a groundhog skull out of it. Hopefully she didn't mind the scraps of his previous meals hanging around, he probably should've cleaned up earlier.

Here it is. Sorry about... That. He blushed as he nodded towards the remnants of his breakfast, not but the bones of the rodent. You can sleep in my tree, it's pretty comfy. He smiled, gesturing towards the spot under the old thing. He waited for her to seat herself comfortably before lying in front of her. He would let her have the mossy downy area, he would lie on the ground by her. He would only get close if she wanted him to, he wasn't one to invade personal space.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Awww so cute! <3 you are good!

Valette walked with him, her mind mostly on autopilot of following him. It was easy to go into the mindset of a follower it was natural for a wolf. She just nodded to him in reply but she was not sure if he saw her nod. It had been minimal. She followed deeper into her home territory towards Ezekiel's den. Still the young scout kept in mind of the landmarks so she could find it later if she happened to, you know, visit him, or you know, sleep next to him again.

She didn't even notice the scraps at first. Her hazel eyes fell onto him and she quirked up her lips gently. "Don't worry about it, we all need to eat," she commented. She watched the soft moss and instantly curled up right there. Yet then Ezekiel lied down to and she instantly shifted to snuggled right up against him. "I've been alone for a lone time. I hope you don't mind,?" she asked, though she was not very motivated to move much more. Her limbs felt tired.

He was right, because she was very comfy right now on the bed she was laying on. She hummed softly and closer her eyes. Before she could hear a reply from him she was already dozing off. Her feet tugged against herself and the rest seeking comfort from Ezekiel. She was knocked out only a few minutes later. The female continued to sleep for quite a few hours. She could finally have a good sleep feeling safe next to the male.

When she woke it was past noon for sure. She yawned rather loudly and stretched herself before getting up in a sitting position. She ruffled her coat a bit, feeling much better.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
As soon as Ezekiel found his nice soft spot on the ground, he felt a sudden warmth. Surprised, he turned to look down at Valette, who had snuggled up by him. Stumbling over words, clearly flustered, Zeke responded quickly with a nod instead. After moments, in which he was still a bit shocked, Valette was asleep. The small rise and fall of her chest was so calm, it almost made him tired. He had been up all night, and he wanted to sleep, but he had promised to watch her. Shaking the sleep out of him, he crossed his paws and looked around, remaining alert. While he tried to keep his eyes on the forest around him, he couldn't help but glance fondly at Valette. She made him feel warm, a feeling he missed.

And in comfort like that, large boy was out after a few hours. When he awoke, he found he had snuggled closer to Valette, who was waking up just then. Panicked that she wouldn't want him that close, he scrambled to his own feet, into a sitting position. He looked at her cautiously, a boyish worry that he'd overstepped. But he'd been some relaxed by her side, more than he ever had. He stared over into her beautiful hazel eyes and embarrassedly spoke. Sorry, I didn't mean to be that close I uh, fell asleep. He looked down like a guilty puppy, hoping she wouldn't be angry.
I don't know if you've seen the movie The Sure Thing. It's an 80's movie but it is exactly how I imagine their relationship xD
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
I haven't seen that movie. I must watch it now!

Valette watched as the male sat up too. She smiled gently at him, slowly a grin coming upon her lips. "I thought you were going to keep watch?," she spoke, though she wasn't actually mad at all, more amused. She could see how flustered he was, making her think he wasn't really used to having a girl sleeping next to him. She rather liked being snuggled up against him. She had been so comfy and warm.

She realized that she might needed to eat something soon. "Sorry about this morning. I was so eager to get home. I honestly didn't expect you there," she admitted. "It feels good to be home. The Taiga is a very different place," she spoke in realization. Most were nice but the air was different there. She looked at Ezekiel. Maybe she should share more with him. She kind of wanted to join the pack of Hiram, her father in her eyes, though not biological. But she liked Ezekiel and didn't want to leave Silvertip.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
It's one of my favorites, very cute <3

Ezekiel was relieved when Valette cracked a sort of joke, her calm sarcasm was another thing he liked about her. He chuckled sheepishly at her comment, looking back at her, seeing as the awkward moment had passed. Yeah, I got a little tired towards the end there. She gave a quick explanation for this morning, which felt like way more than hours ago. He shook his head with a soft smile. No don't apologize, I'm just glad I saw you come when you did. I was starting to worry something had happened to you out there. He voiced his worries, which didn't seem to matter much anymore. She had returned and that was what mattered.

The dark female spoke of the taiga, a place Zeke had never visited. Eager to learn more, he swiveled his ears to show he was listening. So what was it like? How many others packs did you find? He honestly hadn't put much thought into the fact that there were packs beyond Great Bear. Now that he though about it, he was intrigued. More packs with their own cultures, and wolves. This would be an exciting conversation.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at him and nodded. "Understandable," she hummed to him. She wasn't mad at all for him falling asleep. It was just natural. "I felt very comfortable and protected. Don't worry," she smiled at him. Even though he fell asleep she felt very safe. She was surprised to hear that the male was worried about her. The girl was rather independent, maybe a bit too independent. She looked over him. "You shouldn't worry about me," she sounded surprised, but she sounded happy in a way. Almost honored that the male felt worried about her. "I'm an independent girl," she smiled.

He asked about the taiga and how many pack she met. She counted them in their head. "I met with six different packs," she spoke, feeling rather proud. "The air is different there, and the plants are different too. You can tell it is colder there, even in summer. Lots of pine trees and the wolves are a bit more on edge it seems," she explained to him. "It was an interesting trip. Lots of different packs out there with different ideas." Her tail was wagging quietly, she had fun. "I was diplomatic and polite. I was never in real danger at all."
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Valette hummed along, reassuring him that his falling asleep was ok. He was glad that she'd felt safe. He had too, warm and happy. It wasn't often that he had such luxurious rests. Usually he tossed and turned, or woke up at the slightest bird knocking on his tree. But here, snuggled close to her, he hadn't awoken once. She sounded surprised to hear that he'd worried about her, which troubled him and made him think a bit. Had no one ever worried about her before? He wanted to know more about her past, but wasn't sure when would be an appropriate time to ask. Luckily her next words brought a smile to his face, and made him forget his train of thought.

I know. I promise not to worry anymore. He joked, knowing that it was a promise he wouldn't be able to keep. She told him about the taiga, the six packs she'd met, the land and climate, and even how she'd acted. It was almost as if she was mission reporting back to him. He listened intently, staring at her so she knew she had his full attention. He grinned when she said how she'd been diplomatic and polite. I'm sure. He held a little playful sarcasm in his tone, pretending to mock her. He had no doubt that she'd been in no danger, but that wouldn't stop him from worrying.

Sounds like a good trip. Got any souvenirs for me? He asked, allowing a low hum of his own and wagging his tail.

Whoo my 300th post :D
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at him playfully and then shook her head. She was not sure if he was not going to worry about her. But she was not telling him that, that she thought such a thing. She would probably be worried too, somewhat. Probably, yes. Valette gasped softly when he teased her. "I was!!! I totally was. I even made friends with a former assassin!," she spoke, which might not be the most tactful thing to say to Zeke. She only realized that now. "He was very nice! He didn't hurt me at all or anything," she explained to him.

Her eyes widened a bit when he asked a bout a souvenir. "I didn't think of bringing one," she admitted to him. "I was busy working on my trade. I hope that I can claim the ranger specialty after I tell Steady all about what I explored," she hummed, tail swaying. The girl looked over Zeke, desperate to find out if really nothing happened. Maybe she could talk about someone in the pack and ask around. Though maybe she should be forward. "Did you miss me?," she asked, green hazel eyes bright. She could always test the waters that way.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel grinned at her gasp, but her words stopped him. His face fell, and he instantly grew suspicious. Made friends with a former assassin? Was she talking about him? Impossible, only Captain knew about him and he hadn't seen her in a while. The thought of his friend tangled up with a murderers nonsense made him feel cold inside. Feeling bad for not have going with her, not protecting her, he began to protest. However she stopped him, explaining that he'd meant no harm. She may have made a friend, out of this other however if this male showed up at their borders, Ezekiel wouldn't have the same feelings. 

What did that say about himself? He was also a former killer. This other male, whoever he was, wasn't good enough for Valette. Was he? However he couldn't let it be known his inner hatred towards himself, as Valette was still as happy as ever. The smile returned to his face, but his thoughts still swam. No one was good enough for her, she was perfect.

Suddenly he found her hazel green gaze locked on him, and he stared back at her. He gaze a bashful nod, and a charming boyish smile. I really did. You're one of the ones in this pack I actually like. That's a compliment. He joked, tail swishing calmly behind him. There was a couple things that he knew he ought to tell her, though it would damper her mood. He hated having to let those he cares for down, like when he failed to find Adeline's brother. And now having to tell Valette that another Silvertip wolf had left. His face was still friendly, yet his eyes gave away his regret. Krypton's gone too. She went to find her family. It sucks.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
The thing about the assassin didn't make him comment, and Valette grew curious. She was a very curious little female. Though, not really little, just normal, but compared to Zeke she was smaller. He was kind of built like a big tough guy. She remembered, and was reminded by his words, that Ezekiel was not good with other wolves. He had not liked Anita and other wolves. She never seemed to have a problem with him. She did note down that he grew more quiet when an assassin was mentioned. What did that mean? Maybe he had been a master in his previous life, OR! Or also an assassin. This was just Valette speculating but either way she did saw him as a friend, and maybe tempted to see a bit more.

"Everyone in this pack is nice, Zeke," she chuckled. "But I will take that as a compliment," Valette hummed, though that hum didn't stay long because her face turned into a frown. The news about Krypton concerned her. She didn't know the female very well, only that she lacked the skills to lead a hunt. "She left?," the female puffed out. "I do not approve. She was the Beta of our pack. We are her new family! Just because you are related to someone by blood doesn't mean they are family," she let out irritatedly. She didn't have any connections with her blood family and she didn't even want to have a connection with them.

"Who is going to be Beta now?," she asked. She looked over Ezekiel. "It better be you. At least you keep your promises," she spoke, which was a big thing to say for her, because no male had even kept there promises to her. Though, she wasn't going to lie that she expected Zeke to break a promise at least once. She was still very uncertain about males and their words, if they really meant something. Hence why she was more hesitant in opening up in a relationship.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel hated to see how his words brought down the mood. Valette's soft hum ceased and a rant began, she was clearly very angry. I agree, this pack is my family, I know I wouldn't abandon you for blood. He said with a bitter hint in his voice. When he discovered of Krypton's departure he'd felt the same way. But with Steady, he'd quickly come to terms with it. She'd left to find her real family and that was that. Perhaps someday she'd return, he hoped. But he was beginning to doubt it. The pack was moving on without her, and maybe her blood family was more 'important' anyway.

He smiled, flattered by her comment. He had thought a lot about the beta position. His only thing holding him back from it was that he didn't want to let anyone down. But if Valette thought he could do it, maybe he really could. It was then he decided that if Steady asked him to rise up, he would oblige. I'd like to be beta, but in sure there are others who are just as qualified. At least you can keep your promises. He tried his best with them, and he was a wolf of his word. Loyal to those he loved, not his own head. 

Suddenly there came a shift, a large shift. The direction that the conversation was heading would be completely destroyed. But he'd started to think of Adeline, which brought him back to the other thing that had occupied his thoughts lately. You think I would make a good dad? It was a question that involved talking about his feelings a little. Normally he hated that, but he found he trusted Valette, more than any other in the pack. He wanted to tell her things, wanted to share with her. But over all he wanted her approval. The large male remained seated, but the previous serious flair in his expression had changed to something a bit lighter.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Ezekiel seemed to agree with her that she shouldn't abandon them to look for her true family, even though she already had a family here. It felt disrespectful to Valette. She lost more respect for the former Beta. The topic stayed the Beta part, and Valette shook her head a bit. "Who else qualifies?," she asked. Because she was not sure if others did. Maybe Nitta, but that would only be because she was mated to the alpha. Valette wasn't sure if she showed leadership.

Then the whole topic shifted very suddenly with Ezekiel asking something rather, strange. Or maybe not so strange. Valette instantly worried. Why was he thinking of children? Being a father? Had he found a mate after all while she was away? She did not like that. She realized that she didn't want to be close to another female. With him asking this it suddenly grew rather clear for the female she liked him more than just a friend. Her hazel eyes were casted away for a moment.

"Um.. Sure. I guess. I don't know you like that," she spoke, though her voice cracked a bit. She hated that it cracked a bit. Her heart was broken. He had found another female he wanted pups with. She was too late. She didn't even get to know him in that way. Plus he needed a very high rank or be alpha himself to have pups. Steady was still the alpha and Ezekiel would told her if he would be Beta right? So maybe he was leaving the pack too to found his own and have pups with this female. Her broke further. She shouldn't have gone away. "I-I should go. Talk to Steady about... about the trip.. and such," she let out, clearly deflated and upset about something. She rushed away, running as fast as she could. Maybe she would not go see Steady immediately.

I think I am going to leave it here.... :P

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ill archive it, and I must have another xD

I thought Niita might be good too. She's Steady's mate and all. You'd make a pretty kick ass beta yourself. Ezekiel shrugged with a hint of a smile, that was about the best bet he had. He did believe Valette would be good at the job, she had the command down. He wondered if Steah would consider the girl or not. But at his next question, everything changed. Her posture shifted immediately, her eyes left his. His ears flattened a bit as she began to stammer. Her voice cracked, and clearly she was uncomfortable. Had he done something wrong? He only wanted to know to feel encouraged, but now he felt like she lied to him. Her words didn't sound very truthful, just hurried and empty. And now she was hurt. What had gone wrong?

His own heart broke a bit, a billion pieces scattered at his feet. He tried to put them back together again, to give it back to her with a single protest. Wait Valette, you don't have to go! She declined his heart, and rushed away. Something had clearly happened. He sat back, frustrated and sad. Fuck. Was all he could say, and it definitely matched his emotions right now. He would definitely find her later, explain and hopefully make up. If he knew what had sent her away, he could fix it. He had to fix it. The sad boy sat for a while, hoping to see her return. She had left him a second time, and it hurt just as bad as the first, if not more.