Silvertip Mountain Dissipate
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
All Welcome 
Niita woke in the early morning, having begun to sleep fully through the nights though she was still an early riser. The morning found her at the creek, searching for tracks in the muddy bank since she couldn't find a strong enough scent trail at the moment. The tracks of a raccoon soon became clear, Niita grinning in excitement before turning to follow.

Her head was down, staring at the tracks intensely, for so long that she nearly missed the bandit itself. Niita's head snapped up, locking on it when she heard the curious chatter of the raccoon. 

The raccoon cocked its head at her, making her wonder if it had ever seen a wolf before as it had practically handed itself over. Pouncing, Niita leapt for it.

The raccoon was startled, giving a panicked noise, but wasn't quick enough to get away. With a crunch of her jaws, it hung limply from her jaws and she lay it down with self-pride.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Just for timeline's sake it takes place after she talks with Steady. Let me know if that would trouble you or not! :3

Valette had just talked to Steady yesterday after returning. It felt nice to have be home again. She was definitely well rested now she didn't have to sleep so light. It might also help that she felt safe here. There was enough food too, and Valette was just glad to get home from her travels.

The female was used to being up early and taking a nap in the afternoon, so when she smelled the scent of blood her interest was triggered. Did someone hurt? Or was there a meal she could get a fresh bite from? The charcoal female trotted towards the scent. She was greeted with the sight of a pale female. She remembered her from the pack hunt. This was... Niita right?

Valette approached her with a friendly smile, she was the one Steady was mated to... right? She wasn't entirely sure. The girl looked at the dead raccoon and then battered her hazel eyes up at the female. "Hello," she greeted.
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita glanced up, eyes taking in the dark form of one of the newer girls. It wasn't the grey one that hadn't helped on the hunt, rather the black one. Valette if she was correct. 

"Hey. Valette, right?" The pale waif checked, head cocking slightly.

Seeing the glance to her dead racoon, Niita nudged it towards Valette. "Want some?"
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette instantly nodded and quirked up her lips. "Yes, you are Niita. Steady's mate," she spoke in return. They hadn't really met before but she seemed nice. The girl looked at the raccoon and then nodded. "Yes, if you have some to spare," she admitted. Though seeing that Steady mated her there might be a chance that she was pregnant now right? Would that be the case?

She was rather hungry from her travels, and she rather not wanted to think about Ezekiel and his new girlfriend he wanted pups with. She gently grabbed the raccoon, she would back off if the female would disagree.
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"That I am," Niita grinned proudly, for she was quite in love with Steady and not at all shy about their relationship. Things were good for her, finally it seemed in the long clusterfuck that was her life, and she hadn't been happier since joining Silvertip.

"Plenty to spare," she watched Valette pull the racoon to her and dig in, not bothered with it since that was the whole reason she caught it, to feed the pack. 

"Have you been settling in nicely?" It was perhaps a weak topic but all Niita could think of at the moment.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded with a hint of a smile. "Are you... Are you going to have pups?," she asked. Valette was just curious. She had been at the maple woods where they had pups, and apparently before she came here they had a litter here too, but only one was left. It was sad. Valette hoped they would try another time with some new pups.

Valette started to eat from the meat with clear hunger. It felt good to be home. The girl asked if she was settling in well. She frowned lightly. "I'm close to being here for two moons already, so you could say that," she pointed out. "I'm just back from my travel through the Taiga, a mission from Steady. Didn't he tell you?," she asked curiously.
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita was a bit surprised to have it suddenly sprung on her, given she didn't know Valette very well. She recovered easily, shrugging off her shock easily. It was a sensible enough question, most people would want to know if their Alpha's mate was planning on children. 

"Hopefully someday, not presently," Niita chuckled lightly, face warm beneath her fur.

"Oh. Oops, sorry been kinda preoccupied. Not good at keeping everyone in order," she shrugged apologetically.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette hadn't really thought that it would make the female flustered. After all it was normal for a pack to have pups. Did Steady didn't want pups? Or was her heat the thing that troubled her? Valette blinked. "I'm sorry if I made you flustered. I didn't mean to embarrass you," she spoke apologetically. "I just assumed because Steady took a mate--," she mumbled.

"It is alright. I just returned from a long trip," she explained. "Steady wanted to know more about the Taiga. I am a ranger now!," she smiled proudly. She was a very ambitious female. She could dare to ask about Ezekiel, but... that was somewhat private.
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"No harm, no foul," Niita grinned, tail wagging. Things had been a bit more conservative in Asmundr but there was a certain freedom to openly speaking about such things here. It was one of the good things about Silvertip.

"Congrats! I haven't yet reached Scout but I'm working on it," Niita added, hoping to keep the conversation going.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was pleased she didn't offend Steady's mate. In fact she didn't seem angry at all at her. That was another thing that worked out for her then. She was quite curious when there would be new STM pups. Or what would be happening further.

Valette smiled lightly when she mentioned being a scout. "Well maybe we could go together one time!," she offered to the female. "I must say that I milked out a lot from that mission to the Taiga. I also went to Rising Sun Valley. So I had enough to describe when coming back here I could or was close to my specialty."
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"I'd love to," she proclaimed honestly, tail wagging at the prospect. Niita had to leave soon for her turn in searching for Stoic but maybe sometime after that. 

"What's Rising Sun like? Find anything interesting?" Niita tried to keep the conversation going.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded, feeling like the conversation was coming to an end after she offered going on a scouting trip with her. However then the pale female voiced a question. Valette looked up. "It is quite beautiful, actually. I was born in that region and it was sill beautiful. The ground was all soft, and it was as the name said, in a valley. There was a very nice pack called Rosings living there," she pointed out.
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita nodded, making a point to seek this Rosings out when she left to search for Stoic. It was the closest thing to a plan she had, there weren't many packs around that she was familiar with. 

"Well I had better get the rest of this to a cache," she commented, thinking it better to leave before things fell into an awkward silence. With a last smile Niita scooped up the raccoon's remains and padded away.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette wanted to protest because she wasn't really finished with that raccoon yet! She spoke about the Rising Sun Valley and the female just left. "Um. Yeah okay! Bye!," she let out a bit awkwardly to the other female that trotted off. The female would probably have to work on her own meal then. Not that she minded that, she loved an easy meal too.

- end-