Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Private 
@Steady :D

After spending the morning sleeping and the afternoon catching up with Ezekiel Valette knew that she had to visit Steady and report back. It would be interesting to see how that worked out. She hoped to gain her ranger trade from it. That was for certain. The girl let out a howl for the alpha, summoning him an instantly letting him know that she was back. She had obtained a lot of information. She visited six packs and met loners and other pack wolves during her travels. The girl was excited to share them with Steady. She also had to be descriptive of the places she had been because that would gain her ranger specialty.

The girl had gathered by a stream, also to quench her thirst. After her rest and talking with Ezekiel she had a dry mouth. Later she would go on a hunt, or if their weekly hunt had been successful Valette might take some of that instead to give her legs some well needed rest. Hopefully Steady didn't have another mission for her, and she was able to rest, and bond with other packmates.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had been diligent in his patrols, and so was already aware that Valette had crossed into the territory. He hadn't followed her scent, however, knowing that the kind of trip she took would have most likely worn her out. He had intended to let her settle in and get her barrings back before asking for any information she might have.

But, the afternoon came, and she called for him. He was a little surprised, but made his was to her. Maybe she had something that couldn't wait any longer. His tail wagged and he smiled, attempted to bump his nose with hers in greeting. The closer he got, the more he realized how much she smelled like Ezekiel. That was very interesting, considering she had been back less than a full day. He made no comment on it, however, feeling it was none of his business until they made it so. Or until he pried it out of Ezekiel. I'm so happy you're back! You look good! Did you fare okay? he asked, wanting to know that she was was okay, first and foremost.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette regretted smelling of Ezekiel now. She had not expected that he would find a girlfriend to have pups with so soon. She was heartbroken, but she was also a professional. At least she liked to be, so she had straightened herself out for Steady. He greeted her with a friendly nose bump and she did the same in return. "I fared well. Being a hunter and a scout works together well. I knew were to rest and when meeting the sox other packs I encountered I was polite and diplomatic," she hummed, giving a bit of an overview.

"I've met with many, yet what I can tell you is that the Taiga is a very different region than ours. Everything that is there is made for the cold. No broadleaf trees, mostly fire trees, rough terrains and small bushes. However, now I was there in the summer so most was in bloom. There was a slight temperature difference already between there and the other side. I think there two packs in the Taiga officially. Two on the Sunspire Mountains and One in the Rising Sun valley where I was born. The last one I am not sure is still a pack seeing that the female I spoke to was very negative about it and their border scent was lacking." Valette wanted to give a good overview first before going into the details.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He was glad to hear that Valette was doing well after her travels. He listened closely about what she had learned, both about the different land and climate there, as well as the packs. She seemed to have quite of bit of information, and it took some effort on Steady's part to keep it all in line as he processed it. 

What negative things did she say? Did she give the name of the pack? If it was, in fact, disbanding, the wolves would either group up somewhere else, or find new packs to go to. He wanted to know what that pack was like, in case any came here. Are the other two friendly packs? he asked.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette thought about what she said. "Sorry the one in Rising Sun is not disbanding, the one at the foot of the mountains on the other side was, maybe it was not the Sunspire mountains anymore. I do not know the name because the female was rather snappy. She had a child though, Chusi. The female said that the other leader turned out to be a jackass, and just left her after gathering some ragtag group of followers. He left her with a couple of mutts, and the responsibility to deal with visitors like myself," she repeated.

"There were several friendly packs! Marauder's Keep! I met an old Maplewood wolf of mine there, she was leading it. Later I ran into two other pack members of Marauders. They were all friendly towards me. There was some trouble though. Tavi, the female I know was missing and left her only pup. So the wolf I met was looking for her, there was also a pup missing from their ranks, another pup. His male, Stark was his name, had a lot of worries. I said we would keep our eyes and ears open. Banner, another female from Marauders I enthused to be a scout and might visit. They were all friendly. They are definitely located on the foot of the mountain."

She cleared her throat. "Then there is Larksong Grotto, named after the territory. It is the pack of my father figure, Reek now named Hiram. He was also from the Maplewoods and he was together with Tavi briefly, it seems they did split in the end. I ended up seeing my father figure on my travels when I went into a wrong direction, towards the sea. I realized I was wrong and ended up with Larksong, talking to their beta Jhala. She was also very friendly. I definitely made a friend out of her. Um... she couldn't tell me much about their pack because they had a very strong belief," she continued to speak.

"There was another pack in the taiga that was very scary, Sleeping Dragon it was named. Not very friendly. I do not recommend going there. But then I traveled down through the maplewoods, visited mom's grave and went down into the valley, that was where the Taiga stopped. I met up with Rosings, also friendly. But they are a bit in trouble. They are very cool, they believe in love and that a man and woman together can do great things. So all of them are mated like and arranged marriage! However, the problem was that they didn't have enough males. So the new alpha female was not sure if it was good to enforce it on wolves. Anyhow. I made some friend there too. Minna and Liri.

Valette took in a big gulp. "Then on my travels home I came upon Ryūjin. In this pack is an old friend of mine Leo, and another wolf I met on Thunder Dome, that was before meeting the Marauder's Keep wolves. I went to see them in their Lair. They have a big cave in the mountains! But there was a surprise because Ukko, a wolf I know form the Maplewoods was there too!!," she let out and then blushed. "I know apparently a lot of wolves," she chuckled. "Oh oh! And before I left I met up with Charley Pryor. He was founding pack in the Hinterlands, south of here. And because I was a daughter of Reek/Hiram he invited me to their lands once they are founded. But that might be a trip for in a few weeks.... Um.. Yeah! Lots of wolves met. Larksong, Marauders, Rosings and Ryūjin were all friendly towards me," she recapped.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It seemed the questions he asked that he thought were simple, opened up a whole new abundance of information. Steady sat back on his haunches as he tried to keep up with all the information. He nodded here and there to let her know silently that he was understanding what she was saying. He was a little put off that she had come upon a less than friendly pack. He hated that scouts seemed to be more prone to running into danger, but he supposed they understand that when they picked the trade. I'm glad you didn't run into trouble with that pack. 

There was one pack he recognized, Ryujin. I've met a wolf from Ryujin before, named Menta. She was very friendly. I'm glad to hear the rest of her pack is, too. He did his best to consume all of the information she gave him, making a point to remember names of packs and whether or not they were friendly. He chuckled along with her. Yes, you do seem to know a lot of wolves. He hoped that would be an asset. Having many friends in many packs might put her in a difficult position, should they not be on good terms with one of those packs wondered, silently, if she would be loyal to Silvertip over them. 

When she was finished, Steady took a few moments to absorb everything, staying quiet as he did so. When he was done, he moved his gaze back to her, a smile on his maw. It amazes me that you've come up with so much information in such a short amount of time. I, for one, could not have done it. Especially since he never leaves home. You have earned your Ranger trade with gusto, and I thank you for being so determined in your goals, and finding the information I asked for. He dipped his head to her in respect. All I ask now is that you rest and regain your strength before you go out again. I want you at one hundred percent. He couldn't imagine another so focused in their priorities, but he wanted to make sure she didn't wear herself thin. 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's eyes lit up when Steady spoke with so much admiration. She was definitely a pleaser and a hard worker. She was very keen on getting her titles to show her alpha's she was worth being in their pack. It seemed it worked and that Steady was very pleased with her progress. "Thank you! That means a lot for me," she spoke. Her green hazel colored eyes really liking up with pride and satisfaction.

"I will, Steady. I need a pause after traveling. I hope to work on my deer stalker trade. Which focuses on hunting with a group, and catching bigger came. So if I could work together in groups that would be welcome. Perhaps I will have my deerstalker specialty before going to the Hinterlands," she smiled. Hopefully the pack would be willing to help her out. She was pretty sure of it they would want to help her. "Who is going to be the new beta?"
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He saw her eyes light up when he awarded her the Ranger trade. Did she think she wouldn't get it? Steady knew she had worked hard, and he wanted to make sure she was rewarded for that. He smiled at her response. I know it does, he said honestly. She wouldn't have worked so hard for it if it didn't mean something to her.

He thought he had told her to take a break, and he was pretty sure she said she would. But, then she was talking about her Deerstalker Trade. He couldn't hold back a chuckle. I thought you were going to rest? he said with a smile. He wouldn't hold her down- he didn't think he could even if he tried- but he did hope she would rest. She was young, and energetic, but the body could only take so much. 

I'm going to assume this takes place after he promotes Ezekiel, if that's okay?

She inquired on who the next Beta was going to be, and he smiled. It's Ezekiel, he replied, assuming she would be alright with that. He didn't know the misunderstanding they were currently having.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
that is alright! :3

Valette chuckled at Steady's words about her going to take a rest. "I will! Between working on my trade I can rest as much as I like," she pointed out to her leader. The young female would have a lot of spare time. Normally that was taken by traveling to a new location. Now she did not have to think about that.

The female smiled when she heard the news. "Good for him. He will be a good beta. I am sure of it," she spoke and smiled, though she smiled sadly. After all the male seemed to have a girlfriend and that was not her. However she was pretty sure it wasn't going to work anyhow. Sadly so.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He couldn't resist rolling his eyes at her promise to rest. He realized that she was determined, but he hoped she would keep her word and not be too hard on her body. Alright, alright, he said finally. At least with deer stalking she would be closer to home and able to rest properly when she was back here.

Steady smiled in return. I think so, too. He was surprised to hear he had the backing of the pack. I think he assumed I would just appoint someone I approved of instead of kind of letting the pack vote. I like it better this way; feels more... family-like, he said. He wasn't a dictator, after all, and he valued the opinion of the rest of the pack.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded at Steady. She agreed with his way of picking the new beta, now all could have their opinion. She would probably have picked Ezekiel too, jus because he seemed like he could handle the pack if Steady was away. "I agree," she hummed. She was still amazed that she had her specialty. Of her secondary trade even! Not even her main trade which was being a hunter.

"I think I will rest now," she hummed and nodded goodbye to steady. She was honored he rewarded her like that. She wanted more of it. She quirked up her lips. "Thank you, once again,' she smiled and nodded him goodbye before trotting off, she wasn't sure how long she could talk about Ezekiel without showing some heartbreak after all.[/b][/b]