Silvertip Mountain Don't do anything stupid until I can do it with you
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
Set before the pack meeting, AW :D

Ezekiel trotted along the borders, head hung. After the incident with Valette, he was feeling a bit down. He still didn't know what'd gone wrong, but obviously something had. She was avoiding him now, but he honestly just wanted to talk. He didn't want to follow her, that would make her feel pressured, but he did explore the territory more, in hopes that he'd run into her. He paused in his tracks to pee on a tree, marking it with the Silvertip scent. Something like patrolling was a great way to clear your mind, and a useful way to expel your piss.

After he finished what he felt to be a decent round of the territory, the new beta delved a bit into the forested area of the mountain side. Fresh green grew, and it was hard to tell that only months ago it had all been dead. The yellow sun shimmered off his pelt, making him look silver and slick. He looked like a thick furred handsome male in summer, but in winter he looked even bigger. His coat was incredibly thick during those winter months, making him look like a puffy grey marshmallow. He stopped under a tree to enjoy the shade.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
COULDN'T HELP MYSELF. XD

Valette hadn't been avoiding him on purpose. She just decided that it was better to just give her a break from the male. There were two sides that were at play here. Because on the other hand she wanted him very badly but she also didn't want to get hurt. He clearly had a girlfriend he wanted pups with. She wasn't even able to have pups yet, she was not even thinking about it. She didn't want to make it awkward but she did like him. And if he liked someone else she just had to get over it.

The girl decided to just go for a hunt, she was rather hungry and could do well with a meal. Valette didn't take long to single out a rabbit, since they had a whole warren of them under a big tree, what she forgotten was that closely after that was a steep hill. She chased after the fast thing she blocked the entrance from. Though as they reached that rocky hill down it didn't look too steep unless you were on it. Valette was not used to hunting on a mountain side and with the quick motions of wanting to follow the rabbit it could be rather dangerous.

The girl slipped and to regain her balance her front paw snapped in the wrong direction. The girl let out a loud yelp in pain and tumbled forward down the steep hill, barely missing trees as she tumbled down. Once she had momentum she couldn't really stop herself until the became less steep. She eventually came to a stop on a more graduate part of the hill. She felt rather dizzy but quickly got to her feet. Though as she put pressure on her right front paw she squeaked and collapsed again. It looked worse than that it actually was. She had sprained her front paw, probably because she had been traveling for so long and her muscles where just so tired. She was still a yearling after all. The girl licked just able her paw, by the joint. She felt a bit dizzy from her tumble too. She was unaware that this all happened rather close to Ezekiel.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
EEEE I WAS SECRETLY HOPING YOU WOULD <33

A loud yelp changed Ezekiel's direction. He recognized it immediately and without a second thought, the guardian ran to protect her. Thoughts swam inside his head as he ran, had she been attacked? Anyone who attacked her wouldn't live to piss their next piss, he would hunt them down and destroy them. The soldier forced his way into Ezekiel's mind, whispering thoughts of blood and revenge. He kept those feelings down, his expression blank as he ran. He had to find her, and help her.

The large grey male stopped when he saw her, face drawn back in snarl. However no one was there, it was just her, and she was hurt. He rushed forwards, ears perked and tail held high in a defensive stance. He wasn't sure what had hurt her, but he was cautious just in case an attacker had done it. He pressed his body against hers, pushing under her muzzle to help her up. With a serious expression, he looked down to her paw, his breath heavy as he checked it. He sniffed at it, then glanced up to her out of the corners of his icy blue eyes.

Tell me if this hurts. It came out as a bit of an order, but he wasn't worried about courtesy right now. All he wanted was to make sure she was ok. Gently, as if her paw was more fragile than autumn's leaves, he prodded it with his black nose. He waited to see if she responded.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
I AM WEAK. XD Oh crap I realized this is set before the hunt. Haha. Oh well.

Valette was rather startled as there was a grey snarling mess coming towards her. She curled up in to a ball to protect her vital organs but soon realized that it was Ezekiel and uncurled. He was rather scary being a snarly mess like that, but somehow it was also sexy in a way. She needed to stop thinking like that. The male instantly looked over her and then decided to even touch it. She didn't like that very much.

The girl moved her paw a bit out the way from his nose. "It hurts," she let out and them pushed herself into a standing position, though she didn't lean on her right front paw just yet. She held it up, not wanting to hurt it too much. Her hazel eyes looked at him, her dizziness becoming less present. "I'm fine. I just sprained it lightly or something. That hill side was stepper than I thought." She was not used to hunting on steep mountain sides. After all she wasn't like a mountain lion.

The young girl hopped a bit back and slowly lowered her paw on the ground, though it hurt she could put some pressure on it again. "You don't need to fuss over me, I just tripped, yet on a hill like that it just takes longer before your fall ends," she spoke. "But.. thank you," she added, and then tried to limp away. Distance was key, because she didn't want his girlfriend or anything to think that she was a threat. She failed to realize that the male didn't even smell of another female.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Haha it's ok! I'll just edit my post in the hunt after this thread xD

Valette tucked her paw away, clearly his touch no matter how gentle had hurt her. Or perhaps it just bothered her. He wanted to stop her from trying to stand, he wanted to keep her from further injuring herself. All of his male instincts told him to keep her out of harm at any cost, but he knew she was independent. She had told him just that, so he let her stand. Luckily she held up her injured paw, which made him feel a tad better. When she told him how it's been sprained, Ezekiel's stoical expression turned to shock. You fell from there? Are you sure you aren't hurt anywhere else? He restrained himself from checking her again, he saw clearly that she didn't really want his help.

She told him that he didn't have to worry, which he figured she would say, then she thanked him. A small warmth lit in his stomach at the thank you, a little hope that maybe he could put things right. But it slipped away when she turned to leave. She limped, on her hurt paw, just to distance herself from him? It put another small whole in his heart to think of it that way, so he started after her. Wait Valette. Please. He bounded in front of her, blocking her from going any further. If she truly wanted to leave he wouldn't stop her, he just wanted to know why.

The other day, when you came back. When I was with you, that was amazing. We had a great time, I just want to know what I did to send you away. Please tell me, I wanna fix this. He explained, pleading shone in his blue eyes. His ears had flattened slightly, showing his sadness. His wish was genuine, he just had to fix this.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at the steep slope and realized that she had made quite a tumble. From the top it didn't look so steep. Her hazel eyes followed the slope, one could see her path. She ruffled her fur a bit, not wanting to unbalance herself too much. She had gotten a lot of dirt in her fur, it was charcoal so it wasn't really seen. "I'm fine," she returned. Probably because she was young and had flexible bones she had gotten out of this with only a sprained front paw.

She was about to limp away when Ezekiel called her back. She turned, ears pushed forward. She was curious what he wanted to say. He even blocked her from her path. She kept her eyes on him, feeling rather daring to do so. She blinked at what he was going to say. She didn't expect him to say that, at all. She cleared her throat when he was finished speaking. She was stubborn and he had his girlfriend so she was not going to face rejection by telling him she rather fancied him and didn't want him to have pups with anyone else. That thought made her jealous.

"It was nothing, Zeke. I just realized that I had to go to Steady. I'm sorry you thought you send me away," she spoke calmly, trying to sound so collected. She only didn't understand why he called his time with her amazing while he had a girlfriend. She did frown lightly. She sat down with a sigh, almost pitifully. Because she was still hungry and now she definitely couldn't hunt. She also didn't understand why he liked her so much he didn't even know her that well. She studied him for a moment. He looked so pleading. Like it was truly hurting him that she just left. Maybe it was that enormous ego of him that played a role in this. So prejudiced about him.

"I don't know what you want me to say. I don't know if you will be a good father, I don't know you like that, Zeke," she repeated again. He was not really friendly, quite stoic and quiet. Only because he liked her for some mysterious reason, he was more talkative to her. She herself was also quite closed off.

Moehahah.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
It was nothing. She stressed that, but Ezekiel knew it was more than nothing. They had been smiling, and laughing and humming. And then it all stopped, and without a proper goodbye she was gone. Nothing didn't quite cover how he felt, and he wanted real answers. His brows furrowed as he wondered why she wouldn't just tell him. He frowned as she studied him, his pale blue eyes urging her to tell more. Then she did, and something clicked. It had been that last comment, something about his dad question. At least now he knew where he'd gone wrong, he just had to figure out why.

Was it that? That question? I didn't mean anything by it. I had been hanging out with Adeline and I was sort of hoping to babysit her. I just wanted to know if you thought I'd be good at it. Did that clear it up, a hopeful thought passed over his face, his ears perked slightly. I'm sorry if it bothered you I just... He couldn't hide anything any more. He wanted to tell her right now how he felt. In one hurried breath, he let it out. Valette, you're the first girl, not just girl person, I've ever met who I've felt this comfortable around. I kind of thought I could trust you and ask you anything, you're one of the closest friends I've got. I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way, I'll back off. I just wanted to... Be around you. Because you're like this amazing, kickass beautiful girl, and I'm not sure who wouldn't want to hang out with you.

He waited anxiously for a response, and only prayed she wouldn't run away again. If she did, his heart would break further, and he wasn't sure if he could face her again. He would be so ashamed, he had put everything out there and if she declined it he wouldn't know what to do.

<3333333 x ONE THOUSAND meanwhile is listening to Last Christmas full blast xD
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette licked over her paw. She had revealed what had bothered her without even thinking to do so. She wasn't planning on telling him at least. Ezekiel did find out what was bothering her. However it didn't stop there. Ezekiel added more, and this really surprised her. The girl looked really surprised when he spoke to her about herself in such way. It made her blush a bit. She felt her heart beat faster but her brain warned her that he was going to leave her again. She blinked, utterly surprised her felt that way, because she was certain that he had a girlfriend.

"Ezekiel," she started softly. "I thought you starting about being a father is because you had someone else, someone you were planning to have pups with," she admitted and felt a bit bad now for thinking that. But she had been away long, and he was a private wolf. She then swallowed thickly. "I don't know," she whispered softly, clearly upset about it. "Every male wolf that I know left, abandoned or disappointed me. And that doesn't say that you are like them but there have been many. You don't really know me yet. You don't know why I am the way I am. I am just a yearling but I do not act like one. It is because I have been through a lot. I am just not sure I can trust you that way. I've been through so much disappointment,' she spoke to him.

The girl looked at him with a soft sigh. "And I do like you hence why I took some distance, but... I am not sure if I can commit... yet," she admitted. She was not sure about this. It was clear she was unsure too. Her father, Reek and Mason all left her. However Reek returned to her. So maybe there was hope for Ezekiel too.

So cute!!
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
And there it was! It had all been a misunderstanding. Something that Ezekiel could surely clear up. Him having pups? There was no one he was ready to have that responsibility with, but maybe someday. He had just wanted to know what she thought on the matter. He listened intently as she spoke, and her words broke his heart. Other males had hurt her. He would never hurt her, but he wanted revenge on those who had. Nobody hurts Valette, he'd promised that to himself. However he couldn't change the past, he couldn't heal those wounds. I'm sorry. I wish I could undo that for you. I've been disappointed my whole life too, so I know how it feels. I would never leave you though.

She wasn't ready to commit, and Ezekiel nodded. He of course already felt committed to her, to protecting her and being there for her. No matter if she felt the same about him, he would be there until she didn't want him anymore. But maybe someday the feeling would be mutual. He gave her a soft smile, reassuring her. And that's fine. Just know that I'm here for you. Take your time. He was now content. He understood her pain, and was fine to wait. Ezekiel was patient, he would wait forever for someone he loved. And Valette was slowly becoming that someone.

Do you need to rest, I can take you to my den if you want. You can sleep I won't bother you. He asked hopefully, only wanting to offer her some help.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette instantly shook her head. "No you shouldn't wish that. Because that made me who I am now. A yearling that can stand on her own four legs. I can take care of myself and it made me believe stronger in myself too. I don't need a caretaker, in a way," she explained to him. She realized now that if she would have changed that she would probably have been very different. Perhaps she had been a teenager longer, maybe be more difficult and stubborn. Maybe she even stayed as bossy as she was as a pup. Who knows.

The girl nodded, smiling a bit shyly at him. She kind of rejected him now but she couldn't just commit she needed more certainty that he was not one of those males that would just leave without saying anything or would just abandon her. She bit her lip. "Thank you," she spoke. "I should rest. I think the ice from the glacier would help with this. Or... Is there a cold stream around here? Where I can cool my paw? I think if I keep it cool it won't be as bad." she spoke and then looked at him.

He would probably want to help her. "I did like sleeping next to you. You are very cozy," she admitted. Probably because Ezekiel was rather poof-y even in summer. She wondered what he looked like in winter. He perhaps wouldn't be cold, ever.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Valette spoke of how she was independent, something she continued to explain to Ezekiel over and over. Every time she did so, it only made him more curious as to what happened in her life that made her alone. She had a mother and a father, everyone did. Even if they weren't truly family. But as she had said, he didn't know her all too well yet, and neither did she about him. Maybe sharing backgrounds would come later. I know, it's just instinct to protect I guess. But I'll try not to now. He shrugged, unsure of how to respond to her words.

Valette was smiling now, and Ezekiel couldn't help but smile back. She thanked him, then asked if there was a river that she could soak her paw in. The cold would help it heal faster, ad she'd need that paw. She was the pack's main huntress. Luckily he knew just the place, the small stream where they'd first fished together. Yeah, I can take you to a stream of you want. It's... He paused to look around for direction. If he remembered correctly, it was to the west of here, not too far. That way, not too far. I'll help you. He offered his flank for support, waiting for her to say go before moving towards the stream.

He blushed under his white cheek fur at her comment, which he took as a compliment. He'd always taken pride in his thick winter plumage, but lately it'd been less of a handsome feature and more of a family resemblance. He'd hoped to leave behind all ties to his family, but that couldn't possibly work. I guess I am. He said with a chuckle, waiting patiently for her to start moving.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched as Ezekiel offered to help her get to the cold stream. She saw how he offered his flank for her to lean against, but she didn't want to have it stiffen like this. She wanted to keep her paw working, even though that meant she had to go through some pain. She smiled at him but then started to carefully walk towards the direction he knew where the cold stream was.

The girl walked calmly just to work the muscle gently and not press too much weight on it. She hummed a bit when he had to admit that he was fluffy. Some wolves did have that fluffiness. Valette continued on a calm pace. Once she reached the stream she instantly put her paw in the cold mountain water and let it flow over it. She laid down, watching how the water cooled her paws.

It was a strange feeling, but she knew she had to continue if she wanted the swelling to swell down a bit. It was still weird for her to live on a mountain. She was used to flat hunting grounds.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
At first when Valette declined his help, Ezekiel was worried she would be mad at him for offering. She'd stressed that she was independent, but helping just came naturally to him. But when she smiled, he knew it was fine. He smiled back, and began to walk, staying close just in case her paw buckled and she needed help. They walked in silence, enjoying the day, the birds and the sun, the small breeze that managed to penetrate his thick coat. At least he was enjoying it. Valette might have been in more pain than he thought, but she hid it well.

When they reached the stream, the dark furred girl rushed to it, plunging her paw into the surf. He hung back, allowing her as much time as she needed. When she laid down, he moved to the stream side, lapping at the clear cold water before sitting beside her. He stared out over the stream, watching the water trickle over stones, and leaves float delicately over those rocks. It all flowed so perfectly, it was amazing to think about. He didn't speak, but looked thoughtfully at the landscape. Admiring it.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette liked that she did not have to talk when being in Ezekiel's presence. Even now when she was laying by the stream and letting her paws cool down they were both just sitting here in silence. Just enjoying each others company without having to talk. Valette was thinking what to say though. She didn't feel like sharing more of her personal life, but perhaps she should, get bonded more closely to him, but that was also dangerous.

She was curious though why he liked her so much. She couldn't really see that. Her hazel eyes roamed over him, and it was clear that she was curious about something. It was flattering to think that he liked her in that way. Though perhaps asking about why he liked her was perhaps pushing in his face that she wasn't ready yet. "So um.. Tell me about your past then? At least if you want to? I don't know anything about you," she spoke, letting him to the talking if he was willing.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel noticed Valette looking at him. It was clear that she had something on her mind, something probably about him. He remained facing the river, but caught her gaze out of the corners of his own blue eyes. Her eyes were so beautiful, hazel and sweet like a meadow in spring. He was dragged away from her eyes when he heard her question. His past. It seemed his friends were always asking about that. He hated talking about it, but maybe if he shared with her, she'd understand him a bit better. And maybe she's open up about her own.

The Manchester turned his body to face her fully, but did not look her directly in the eyes. Then he spoke. I was born in this pack called Winter's Bluff. Not really a very nice pack. Not like this one at all. We had commanders and lieutenants and everyone was a soldier. That's where I learned how to fight, my mom taught me. He spat out the word mother, clearly bitter towards her. However he wasn't angry or anything. He was sharing more than he usually would, but he felt that he could trust Valette. I have a brother and a sister. They were fighters like me. Our pack was always fighting with other packs, it was so violent. I just got sick of it. That's why I came here.

He still didn't feel comfortable sharing all the things he did while there, but he didn't lie to her. He smiled as his story got to the good part. It was hard transitioning at first, the Bluff was serious and mean most of the time. Then here everyone's happy and having a good time, usually. That's why I'm kind of rude sometimes I guess, I never really was taught to be kind. My family was all, He puffed out his chest and deepened his voice, mocking his father's stature. 'Respect the rules, and your rank. Train until you can't anymore then fight until you win. Remember that Ezekiel and you'll make a great lieutenant some day.' He finished with a bit of a chuckle, he'd never liked his father. Even in death, the man mocked him, so it felt good to tease him back.

He sighed, looking back into Valette's eyes. Yeah not a big fan of my dad. Or any of my family. That's why I'm glad I came here. Steady's a great friend. So are you.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Edit; I wrote a novel XD

Valette did not expect him to start actually telling her part of his past. It was curious what he had done before. She listened how he was not in a nice pack. Instantly she picked Black Feather Woods. He was sick of fighting all the time, but Valette wondered if he was allowed to go or if they were searching for him right now. It was so weird to think that he had a mean mom. Her mother also had a mean mom. Her own mother had been the nicest, the sweetest. Though perhaps a bit gullible.

She did not agree that everyone was happy. She was not that happy in the beginning she joined, still wasn't. She had her own demons to deal with but everyone had a bit of a smiling mask that would hide that. It made much sense how the Beta had been behaving at first. Now however he seemed to opened up a lot to her. Valette felt a bit bad for not opening up to him but until now she never had a reason to. She could guess from that past he never had any other girlfriends, just like he said that she was the first he truly liked. She was not quick to feel flustered but now she felt hints of it.

"Thank you," she spoke. "I can imagine it must be hard coming here and adjusting," she admitted. Probably also why he disliked Anita so. Valette thought about what to say. "I do think you are adjusting well, I mean, look at you now. All opening up to me," she complimented. Perhaps it was her time to be open about things too. She looked down at her paws. "I partially understand hatred towards parents. I do not have a good bond with my father at all," she admitted. This was also a bit of her fault.

"I should start with the beginning. I was born here, here in Teekon. In the rising sun valley actually. I visited on my travels seeing it lays under the taiga and to the east side of the Sunspire mountains. In Bearclaw Valley to be exact. My mother was wonderful. She was warm and kind. She always wanted to be a mother and when she got to be one my father left her to visit his family," she sounded bitterly now too. "When she was pregnant he left her, came back for the birth and then left for another month. They had an argument, I don't know what it was about but it made them split. At 2 months old we had to pick which parent to go with. I went with my mother, along with my sisters Sesi and Nanook. Xan, my brother went with my father. My father went to Black Feather Woods. A bad and dark pack he left for my mother before they gotten children."

"Bearclaw Valley pack stopped existing. We went with our mother to a pack in the Maplewoods. It was alright for a while. My sisters were absent dealing with the loss of their father which I don't understand. My one sister left, or gotten lost. I never saw her again. Then the worst thing happened." Valette spoke quickly blinking away the tears. "My mother got attacked by a cougar in the march and she died from the wounds. My other sister Nanook was nowhere to be found. Before the process of my mother dying mother suffered a lot with her wounds being painful. Not once was Nanook there. Only when she died Nanook dared to show her face briefly. Then she left me again. Not even staying around for support. I thought everyone always leaves me, and I was the only one left in the Maplewoods of my family. Even my sisters left me. I think I was around 6 months old. The alpha male of the pack was kind to me. He became my father figure. The alpha female was alright too but not as open as him. Though I guess she accepted me because I had, and still have, much ambition to be a hunter."

Valette cleared her throat. "I was nine months when I wanted to visit my father. One of Black Feather Woods pack members had befriended me personally, but he turned out to be a spy. He was not a friend at all. When I got to Black Feather Woods my father was horrible, my bother less so but he was influenced by that pack. When I returned to The Maplewoods, to my true family, or so I thought... Reek, my father figure, was kicked out because he --." She looked bitter for a moment. "...He cheated on his alpha female with another. So my only connection was gone, again. Alone again. I stayed with the maple wolves out of loyalty, but then a threat came from another pack and we had to leave. I picked up the interest in being a scout and on one of my missions I lost my pack. Only to visit Mason, yes, Steady's Nephew. Fitzdutiful's son. I was a teenager and I thought I liked him. The maplewood wolves left without me. I don't know where they are until this day but I lost the resting place and I never saw them again. This was around the famine-time. I was alone again, without a pack this time, I had my hunter skill and another loner taught me how to fish. I ran into Steady, who was a friend of my mother and well, I knew him from Mason and all that. I joined STM because I thought Mason would be there too. But it turned out he left. Probably didn't care about me either." Now there were tears lined up in her eyes again.

"Steady convinced me that a life alone was not fun or a good way to live for a wolf. In the end I listened and well, I joined but also partially because I thought Mason would be around I might be able to open up for him. Yet that didn't happen and I focussed on my Scout trade and well, here I am. But yeah. Moral of the story. Most wolves leave me. It is that bad that I often think Steady will leave too, just because he is a male. Perhaps once him and Nitta have pups. And well, it is also why I was so surprised you were still here waiting for me. Or that I won't believe your promises you will always be around, because there will be a time that you won't," she spoke. Clearly not resolved with her issues. She quickly blinked her tears away. "I did forgive my father figure recently on my trip the the taiga. His pack was there," she mumbled. She grew quiet. She couldn't remember when she had talked so much about herself, perhaps she needed to get this off her chest. "That is the reason why I am independent because I never had anyone to lean on since I was 6 months old." There that was her story. She hadn't left anything out for him this time. Valette looked away from him, feeling so vulnerable and small.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Valette thanked him for sharing, and gave him a sort of compliment. He smiled, and added playfully, I do try. But then the mood shifted, Valette turned to her feet, as if nervous. It took him a moment to understand why, but when she started his ears perked up. She was going to share with him. He looked straight at her, to show that he was attentive. Sitting straight, he waited for her to be ready. She started at the beginning. Saying how she was born in rising sun valley. That was weird to him, because earlier she'd said she'd never been. But maybe then she had just wanted to avoid a conversation like this.

Her past was very sad, and she shared every bit of it. Her mother sounded amazing, not like his at all. Her father sounded cruel, which he knew all too well. She was forced to choose between her parents, which to him seemed an obvious choice. However his life had been a bit different from hers, maybe if he knew what her birth family was like, he would understand why the decision was hard. Ezekiel's expression had hardened as her story began to take a dark turn. It angered him that both her brother and father had left her. How dare they? His paws clenched against the dirt, if only he could show them what they'd done to her. But would they even care?

His heart broke when she said her mother died. If his own mother was dead, he wouldn't give a shit, but Valette clearly loved hers, so he knew it must've been hard for her. He saw her eyes welling with tears, and his gaze softened. He wouldn't judge her past, never, but he did wish he could change if for her. But like she said, she wouldn't be herself if he did. He couldn't change the past, but he could make her future better. She continued on, every new character she introduced seemed to end the same way, leaving her. The reason for her doubting him was clear now, and though he could promise all he wanted, there was no guarantee that she'd ever believe him. He nodded when she finished.

Valette was quiet now, clearly hurt by her own memories. He knew how evil the past could be, how it haunted you and hurt you even after it had happened. Her fear of being alone would never leave her, just like his fear of guilt wouldn't leave him. She looked away from him, tears in her eyes. He moved closer, staring at her, trying to get her attention. Valette I'm so sorry, but hey listen. He nudged her head with his nose, so that he could face her. This was very important and he wanted her to hear him. Staring straight into her eyes, he gave in.

Valette you have been through so much. All those wolves who left you, they don't know what their missing. You know why I would never leave you? Because I know how amazing you are. You are the strongest person I've ever met, strong in ever meaning of the word. Anyone who doesn't appreciate you doesn't deserve your sadness. It's not you driving them away, they're just too blind to see how beautiful you are. Inside and out. And if you ever think that they're leaving you because you're doing something wrong, I'll tell you right now that you aren't. You may not believe me yet, and take your time, but whether or not you like me how I like you, I will always be here for you. I won't go anywhere without you knowing, you'll never have to look for me. You'll always know where to find me.

He stopped his rant, hoping she understood. For he first time since he was young, he felt tears in the corners of his own eyes. He couldn't allow her to feel guilt, or to feel like she wasn't good enough. He'd felt that for too long, and he couldn't wish it on anyone else. Thank you, for talking to me. I hope I helped you feel a bit better. He smiled, it felt so good to get some stuff off his chest. Maybe someday he'd feel comfortable unloading his guilt, maybe someday he'd feel truly safe around her. The large grey wolf sat back, the intensity of the moment was fading slightly. It seemed some time had passed, and maybe she'd like to rest soon.

I wrote you my own novel xD<33
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette kept feeling rather vulnerable but Ezekiel picked her right up with his words of encouragement. The girl listened to him, and even though his words were so kind and almost, unreal, she could not believe them fully yet. However it was good to know that he thought about her that way. It even affected him so that he got a bit of tears in the corner of his eyes. Valette smiled a bit at that. It sounded a bit excessive for Ezekiel to always tell her where he was but she did like it. Maybe that would help her build trust in the other.

A softer smile stayed on her lips and then she stepped forward to give a lick over his cheek. "Thank you," she hummed. "I do feel a lot better actually," she admitted. Now if something was bothering her she could go to Ezekiel. She settled herself next to him and buried her face briefly in his soft and poofy neck fur. Also to dry her tears a bit. "I like you too, Zeke. It is not only coming from you. I am just afraid to get hurt again, and that makes me want to keep you at a distance," she admitted. "But I think if we would take it slow it will be alright," she admitted.

Besides she had no real den or sleeping place around here, so perhaps it was nice to share with Ezekiel. She was pretty sure now he didn't mind. She looked up at him, even though she was normal sized she felt a bit small next to Ezekiel, but this time she felt small and protected. Not small and vulnerable.

Wheee <3
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
And then Valette was smiling, her sadness disappearing with his words. Her bum had returned, the sweet sound that he'd grown accustomed to hearing. And then she stepped forwards, planting a lick on his cheek. It sent a fuzzy warmth through his whole body, and he blushed under his coat a smile coming to his face. She thanked him, and then laid down next to him, burying her face in his fluff. But I think if we would take it slow it will be alright. A soft hum came to his own throat as he nodded, moving his head down to touch his nose to her forehead. It felt good to be able to comfort her like this. To just be with her.

I'd like that. He said in response, simply sitting with her for a few minutes. When those peaceful moments were coming to a close, Ezekiel shifted back a bit so that he could stand without startling her. I almost forgot about your foot! Do you still wanna come rest at my den? He asked, glad to let her stay with him for as long as she wanted. She was one wolf he wouldn't mind sharing with.

Eeeeeooohh <333
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette hummed softly when she was close to him. The girl looked down at her paw, her sprain was doing much better because she cooled it so long. The girl faked a limp, but it was clear that she faked it. "I think I need a lot of rest at your den," she spoke very seriously, but then broke into a bit of a playful smile. She wouldn't mind to be snuggled up against the grey male.

The girl now started to walk, and it did feel better, though perhaps a bit of a weaker link. She would not be able to hunt yet, but she was pretty sure that within a day she could trot and walk around fully again. It was just a foolish mistake. She looked to the side to Ezekiel and smiled. Feeling much better now they talked it all out.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel watched as she started to 'limp' forwards, wondering what she was doing. He could tell it was fake, but why? She turned back to him with a serious face and explained that she needed a lot of rest at his den. He smiled, now getting the joke, and soon Valette was smiling too. Come on then, I'm sure that hurt's sooooo bad. He teased her back, stressing the word so. He liked being able to joke around with her now, she was very easy to talk to. They started to walk back towards his den, he let Valette walk on her own like she wanted to, staying close for support. She looked to the side at him with a smile on her face, he responded with a swing of his hips, his tail happily swishing behind him.

When they made it to his den, he stepped forwards, nosing at his best to make it just right. It was kind of filled with his shedding hair, but he usually found that it just made the whole nest more comfy. He stepped back to allow her to get comfortable. Once she did he would settle in beside her, be her pillow while she rested.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette chuckled when Ezekiel played along. She walked back with him and once being in the den she curled up, letting Zeke enter too and then snuggled against him happily so. She started licking over her own paw. She then placed her head down between her paws. She closed her eyes. Happy to be resting with Ezekiel. She used him as a pillow to lean against which was perfect. She decided that she liked this far better than keeping him at a distance.

- end -

We should have another one soon!! :3