Kintla Flatlands Young like us
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
@Ezekiel at the borders of STM, later more into the flatlands, hence the label! :3

Valette's pace instantly moved that into a run once they crossed the STM borders. A howl sounding from her throat to let @Steady know that they were leaving. The sun was rising with them as they left. Valette was rather excited to go. It was clear in her movements. She looked to the side at Ezekiel, clearly very happy to be traveling with him too.

"We won't cross the mountains here, it is dangerous," she spoke while running. "Follow the Flatlands until we can cross the mountains at a saver passage," she hummed. Her tail wagging a bit. She realized that being a ranger was a bit like being a hunter. She had to find and locate a territory, just like she would have to do with a prey.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel was excited for their scouting trip, but also hated leaving his pack alone. He didn't like the idea of moving, Silvertip Mountain had become his home. He had been here for months now, and knew every nook and cranny the land had to offer. He wasn't fond of change, unless he was sure it was for the better. One thing he was sure of, was that they were crowded. Crowding meant less prey and winter was on its way. It sounded like rising sun valley was spacious and empty, with only one other pack there. It might be a good choice to move, but the beta was still reluctant. 

Valette gave him a quick glance, a smile, which he returned halfway. He wasn't exactly the happiest about the trip, but he was going with Valette, which meant for lots of fun. She gave some advice, which he accepted with a nod, planning on following her anyway. A thought came to him, and he just had to ask. So your actually from rising sun right? Will you be ok with going back? Whether or not it was a smart plan to move there, he wouldn't take his pack anywhere that Valette didn't want to be.

Alrighty <3
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette continued to run on an even pace, much like they needed to do while herding deer. She had a good stamina with running, she was doing well so far and she wanted to make a good distance on their first day. She wanted to at least be on the mountain by nightfall. The mountain couldn't be ran, it needed to be climbed so hence why she was running now. Ezekiel asked her something though and it was a valid question.

"I actually don't because I do have good memories there, mostly of my mother. Only my parents break up was there but it was good that it happened," she admitted and then smiled. "Rising sun is big, we don't need to settle where I was born, plus that would be quite close to another pack so that is not an option," she explained. She liked Rosings and they liked her, but Valette had the idea that they wouldn't like her as much if she would settle right next to them.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel too had great stamina, so running was no problem for him. He'd been trained to run, to continue on no matter how tired. It seemed Valette was just as good, for she didn't stop at any time. White paws thudding against the ground kicked up dirt behind him as he sped on. Valette answered his question with what he felt sounded like the truth. He nodded, feeling a bit better about moving there now that he knew she would be alright. And he agreed, that they didn't need to settle right where she was born, especially if this Rosings pack was nearby. 

However he would like to see where Valette was born, if not just for a visit. Would you mind if we stopped by that place you were born? I just wanna see it. He asked, looking over at his friend curiously.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled when Ezekiel asked if he was allowed to see it. She had been planning to show him even if he hadn't asked. It was cute that he did ask though. Valette nodded. "Yes. I will. I was planning to anyhow. It is called Bearclaw Valley. It has only one entrance," she spoke. "It is quite close to Rosings though!"

Valette could keep up with Ezekiel. He was a bit bigger but it was manageable it wasn't like she was sprinting or anything. It didn't take long for them to reach Whitefish river. She slowly stopped and moved into the cold water, which was actually really refreshing. She almost wanted to play with Ezekiel in the water but she had to keep her mission in mind. "Whitefish river," she spoke to Ezekiel if he didn't know the name of this river.

Valette swam to the other side, not really in a straight line because the current pulled her along but she reached the other end of the bank. She remembered when she returned from her long trip to the Taiga she also had to cross this river while being so tired. Now it seemed like a breeze.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel was glad when she smiled, that probably meant yes. And sure enough she agreed to take him. Her home was called Bearclaw Valley. Just the knowledge that she was born in some kind of valley was exciting, and he couldn't wait to see it. Ok! Can't wait to see it. He said, taking a sweep of the land around him with his eyes. A lot of flat, some trees, lots of grass. This place wasn't exactly fit for a pack. He was glad that they were going further.

Soon the couple reached a river, with a glistening surface. It purred lightly, the cold water inviting a hot fluffy boy like Zeke to hop in. So he obliged, trotting in quickly after the dark female, immediately cooling off as the water seeped through his fur. Valette called the river Whitefish, which he didn't quite understand the namesake of, but he shrugged it off. It's cool. I actually like water a lot. Keeps me from getting too hot. He said, just for the sake of saying. He didn't really have to worry about sounding silly around Valette, she liked to listen and never put him down. 

Ezekiel pushed himself along the river, his thick grey pelt trying to move with the current, but his muscles kept him moving. Soon he made it to the other side, where Valette already stood. He imagined how pitiful he looked, with his elegant mane plastered to his body. A boyish grin came to his face as he locked eyes with Valette, he couldn't help but laugh a bit at the thought.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette wondered what Ezekiel was going to think of her pervious home, if he would deem it safe or pure stupidity that they only had one exit. She hummed knowing that she would see his reaction later. She pulled herself on the bank and shook out her fur. Water splattering everywhere.

She grinned at the male when he said he liked water so he could cool down. "We wouldn't want you getting too hot. I might not be able to resist you anymore," she teased him with a grin. She hoped this trip would bring them closer. Steady had truly no idea he kind of send a forming couple. Perhaps the new territory should have some nice water, or she could take him to the waterfall within Bearclaw. That would nice too.

She smiled when he came out of the river, turns out she was right about all the winter poof the male was sporting. She thought it was super cute. Now his muscles were also more visible under his wet fur, which she didn't really mind seeing at the moment.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Omg sorry for the wait! School just started and already my teacher already assigned me a monologue due today and I got cast as the lead role in a musical I was so stressed lol!

Ezekiel smiled and blushed at Valette's compliment. It was great that they could joke around with each other like so, but he still wasn't the pro on flirting and stuff of the sort. Well I better stay out of the water then! He joked with a smile, shaking out his fur and fluffing up like a wooly mammoth. He looked over at Valette, and watched her slip out of the water herself. She looked just as elegant in and out of water, her slim physique moving with such grace. He smiled at her again, just a small gesture to show her that he was glad to be with her.

After a slight moment to simply wait with her, Ezekiel turned to the path ahead, staring out at the flatlands. The sun was still hot, and it was tempting to jump back into the river, but he knew they had a mission. He'd only failed a mission once before, and wouldn't do it again. So where to next on the tour? He said with a sigh, preparing himself for another run.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Not to worry!

Valette chuckled when she watched Ezekiel get flustered. The young female shook out her coat and wagged her tail a bit. Glad that he liked her teasing a bit. She raised her brow a bit. "Tour?," she chuckled. Well it was not much of a tour in her eyes. "I think it is a mission!," she spoke with excitement in her tone. "Though perhaps because you aren't familiar with these names and places it might come over as a tour," she chuckled.

The young female quirked up her lips and smiled. She trotted off again, expecting the other to follow. She wanted to reach the mountain before sundown. They had to travel over the plains, along the mountain ridge. "On the other side of the mountains is the taiga. It is a shorter distance to travel this way," she explained. She knew that they would reach the big lake in a few hours where they could stop of a drink before heading onto the mountain. "We will need to travel for a few hours now, till we reach the big lake!"
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
She thought just like him sometimes, which Ezekiel loved! It was a mission to him to, he'd just been kidding around. He chuckled a little at that, now explosively poofy tail wagging behind him. No you're right. This is definitely a mission. And we're like the ultimate mission team! He joked playfully, bounding ahead a few steps, water droplets still making their way through his fur. Soon Valette was following him again, and then like before she was in front. She was definitely a great leader type, probably even better than he.

She explained about the taiga, on the other side of the mountains. Then that they should travel until they came to a big lake. What's the big lake like? He asked curiously, moving at a steady pace by her side.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette laughed and swayed her tail a bit. A great mission team, she would have to see that herself. Because they could so easily get distracted with each other and then they would not be a good team. Just one that was very focused on other things. "You better keep your head on the mission then," she teased him lightly, not that she accused him of thinking other things. She really didn't want to know about those other things yet. She remembered getting the talk and asking about heats. She never had hers yet, and one said that she would probably have a boyfriend at the time and now she probably would have.

Valette smiled at his question. "Well um, it is big!," she let out. "Bigger than your average lake. You will see soon enough," she added. She was right, after traveling more miles they reached the great lake. Valette walked up to it in a slow trot and started to drink. She was alert though because all types of animals would come here, and close to this lake was Black Feather Woods. She looked into the distance, squinting her eyes. She could see it, and soon they would get even closer to it. She really did not feel like running into her father, or Xan. Then she would have the situation Ezekiel had with his sister...
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel swung his hips in a circle, his joyful mood making him feel playful. And even though Valette's words had a playful tone as well, what she said was true. It was important to get back to the pack, with good news. They had to find a new place to live, the mountain was becoming too crowded. Plus returning with good news would put him back on Steady's good side, which he definitely wanted to do. Don't worry I will. That's me, the mission guy. He said with more of a serious tone, but still with a bit of teasing at the end. Even when they were on a real mission, the two could have fun together, which Zeke loved.

Bigger than your average lake? Ezekiel couldn't imagine a lake bigger than the one back near his old home. Then again he hadn't seen this lake, or even the ocean. He would be in for a surprise. Ok if you say so! He said with fake sarcasm. Just another joke. Soon, just like Valette promised, they came to the lake. A huge sprawling mass of liquid silver. The reflection of the sky and its clouds stained the water with color, that rippled with the blowing of the wind. He stared at it with wide eyes, his normal stoic mature stare had become filled with a childlike wonder. Valette was right, it was much bigger than any lake he'd ever seen.

It's... Whoa. He said, taking a few timid steps towards the waters edge. He stuck a paw in it and felt the cool lapping that it made. He turned back to face Valette, paw still swirling circles in the water. He was about to ask if she wanted to swim, when he saw her troubled expression. He followed her gaze to a forest in the distance, very dark and big. He remembered what she'd told him about her brother and father, and wondered if that could be the forest. That where your dad lives? He asked quietly, walking to stand by her side comfortingly.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was curious to see if Ezekiel would be surprised by the sight of the lake. She didn't need to wait too long because before she knew it they reached it and Ezekiel was visibly impressed. There was a reason why they named it Greatwater Lake. It was an immensely sized water. She smiled at Ezekiel's expression. Valette trotted up to the water and lowered her head for a drink. The water was refreshing something she needed after their travels.

Valette looked up at his question. A drop of water falling from her lips. She looked gravely at the dark forest in the distance. "Yes," she returned shortly to him, perhaps a bit too snappy. She looked at Ezekiel with an apologetic glance. "I mean-- Yes. Don't ever go there, please," she spoke, she didn't want that pack to do anything to Ezekiel. And frankly in her mind males could still do stupid things sometimes to prove something. She looked at him with a rather strict motherly like glance, which could also be the worried girlfriend glance. "I mean it," she added.

Thus they continued their journey over the mountains safely.