Stone Circle Elected for Parenthood
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
@Steady light PP of him already being there. :P Assuming @Keoni and @Nikai are around too seeing it is nighttime! I don't mind a cameo :3

Valette was getting more used to sharing a den now. Before she would just sleep outside by the stone circle not really that bothered about it. Yet having experienced a warm den and someone to snuggle against she really wasn't complaining the change in bed. It was also getting colder, especially at night, so the extra warmth was more than welcome.

Valette got into the alpha's den and laid down against Steady. It was curious how things had developed, especially with the pups being around them too. The last time she did snuggle up against someone it was Ezekiel and it was becoming somewhat romantic, alas, he left her before anything could happen. She still wondered where he was sometimes, Steady had probably the same with Niita.

The girl let out a soft sigh, having a rather tiring day, but she loved her life here in Easthollow. The move was a good one, she felt so much more at home on the plains instead of the mountains. "I am glad we moved. I am happy here," she spoke to Steady with her head on her own paws, though her body was resting against him.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Stead was, indeed, with the den, though in his own mind, he didn't call it the Alpha den any longer. With the addition of Keoni, Nikai, and Valette into it, he usually referenced it as the family den. And he was comfortable with it; happy, even. However, with the feeling of happiness, guilt usually followed. Steady always knew he would be a father, but in both Adeline's case, and now Nikai and Keoni, he didn't think it would happen like this. Loved ones had to die in order for all this to come about, and he would have never wished that for anything. 

Movement outside the den caught his attention, and his head lifted from the ground, ears perking. He smiled when Valette appeared and laid down next to him. Feeling happy she was here, he attempted to give her a head butt, and he leaned into her just a bit. His smiled widened when she confessed that she was happy in their new home. He had often worried that the move would upset some, especially if they didn't like the new place. He had even silently prepared to move back if the pack had wished that. But, he had heard nothing negative about their new home, and Valette's confirmation of happiness confirmed that they had made the right choice. I'm very glad to hear you say that, he said genuinely. 

There were other worries on his mind, though. His gaze flitted to the pups momentarily before his eyes went back to Valette. Are you happy... with everything else? he asked quietly. He didn't really want the pups to fear that he and Valette didn't love them as their mother would have, but he needed to know. Steady was fully prepared to take on more responsibility in parenting if Valette felt it was too much for her. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette flushed lightly when he leaned in closer. Her ears fell back in brief shyness seeing that her flush wouldn't be seen. She was happy that she made him smile though. His next question was a bit unexpected and at the same time it wasn't. The young female thought about it for a moment, because a few things had changed. "Well, when we found Althaia's body that day I didn't expect to be here now at this moment. But that is life isn't it?," she spoke thoughtfully and then slowly smiled.

"I do have to admit that I don't identify myself as their mother. Though I do like being a hunting mentor for Keoni and watching cute Nikai grow into a good pup," she spoke. Valette slowly battered her hazel colored eyes up into Steady's eyes. There was a brief pause because she liked to say how happy she was that she got to do this with him. She was not sure if she would have done this alone. Perhaps she would let Grayday or Philos just help out, they seemed to be good with children. She liked that it brought her closer to Steady. They could build on one another seeing how they both lost someone close to them. "I'm happy that I get to do this with you, and as a bonus I get a nice bed," she then spoke, quickly looking away a bit shyly. She was not so good at this.

She cleared her throat. Perhaps she was all imagining this in her head. It happened before with males and their promises. Even Ezekiel couldn't keep his. "So yes I am happy with this, though it does take some adjustments, I will keep afloat. I usually do. Makes you think about your own future, doesn't it?" At least for her it did. Now she wondered if she was ever going to have pups of her own, or a mate. She hadn't even gotten her first heat yet, so mother instinct had not kicked in with her, but seeing Keoni and Nikai she kind of didn't mind to have her own one day.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She was genuine and honest in her words, and Steady appreciated that. He didn't want to hear anything less than the truth. He nodded, agreeing enough with her statement. He certainly hadn't envisioned himself raising Althaia's pups as a father. Sure, he would have provided for them, protected them, taught them things. But, it would have been in an Uncle sort of way. 

He couldn't say he felt the same about her next statement. I do identify myself as their Dad, he admitted. I feel like... if I don't, they'll feel separated from us, not like family. No, they weren't his biologically, but just like Adeline, he would treat them as such. He felt they deserved it for what they had to go through so early on in life. They deserved the best chance at happiness. 

He smiled as he caught her gaze. Did she just bat her eyes at him or was he seeing things? Was she flirting? Should he flirt back? It was just an unusual situation to be in, raising pups with a female who wasn't his mate. But, if he had to choose to do with anyone, Valette was a fine choice. His smile widened when she admitted she was happy she got to do this with him, and commented on their den. I'm happy, too, he admitted softly. He was beginning to realize just how happy he was in this situation. He was almost going to comment how easy it would be for them to be mistaken for mates, but he held back as she cleared her throat. 

He looked thoughtful as she mentioned the future. And, then, he realized. I guess I've gotten what I always wanted. I'm a Dad, raising pups with an awesome female, he said with a grin. No, it wasn't exactly how he pictured it, but in the best ways, it was. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette thought about it. She didn't want them to become distant from them. Not really. But having Steady already as their dad did that mean they would miss a mother figure. Valette was not sure if she was ready to be a mother, if she wanted to be a mother yet. Though it seemed that Steady did accept her statement that she didn't identified as their mother. Maybe she would change her mind later but currently Valette felt more towards being their mentor instead of their mother.

The girl smiled when Steady said that he was happy too. That was a big thing for him to admit because before Valette had been doubting if he had been okay but it seemed he was. That made the female feel a lot better. The girl looked up a bit surprised when he called her awesome. Now she was not sure if he was flirting with her or not. Though there was a certain tension that made her feel a bit flustered which had to come from both sides, right? She chuckled. "So I can assume you want some of your own sooner or later?," she asked, though she almost knew the answer already.

She wondered if she could start about Niita, perhaps not. The dark colored female snuggled more closely against him because it did make her think less about Ezekiel as bad as that sounded.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He nodded to her question. Yeah, I'd still like to have pups with my mate, he responded. Well, if I ever have one that lasts, he added. He knew he was still in his prime, but there were times he worried that he wouldn't find someone in time to have pups. He didn't want to be raising pups when he was old, as he feared he wouldn't be able to keep up with them, and protect them they way they should be protected.

What about you? he asked, wondering if she thought about having her own someday. He didn't expect an automatic yes, however, knowing there were some wolves that didn't want to be a parent. His very first mate had been liike that. It was why he left, why he ended up in FitzDutiful's pack. 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette listened to her words which sounded so much like her own fears. She nudged him lightly. "Steady, think about your own words! When I was a loner and thought being alone was better than having a pack; you showed me that that wasn't true," she spoke to him. "Of course you will find someone that will stay! Though, I do understand your fear. You are probably the only one that knows how much I struggled with being abandoned. Ezekiel didn't help that case," she admitted very softly. And yet, the weird thing was, was that one still hoped. Hoping for that one person. Perhaps that was why she was so loyal to Steady because he was a stable factor in her life.

Valette knew this question would return to her. "Well, I guess. I didn't expect to be a mother so soon with Keoni and Nikai, but I can't deny that I do not enjoy it. It feels right to do it." Now she thought about it. She really wouldn't mind carrying the pups of one strong dominant male. Instantly the memory of Steady chasing out Eden came to her mind. Embarrassment flooded over her briefly, thinking in such way about her alpha. There was also a bit of guilt because it felt like her mind was already moving on from Ezekiel. "Though I do think if I don't have a mate when my first heat comes around I don't want to get pregnant? And I mean... I am the beta so maybe you don't want me to have young. You would want your own. So.. I think I would only want pups if it was wanted from all parties. I would never disobey your word like Eden did," she rambled. That was like Valette's worst nightmare to have that happen to her.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He listened to her words carefully, knowing they were true. He had given her that exact advice, and now she was repaying the favor. He frowned a little when Ezekiel's name was brought up, and he couldn't help but think, He was a fool to leave you. But, Steady knew in his heart that his brother couldn't have left her, and the pack, without good reason. It just didn't seem like him. Or Niita, for that matter. 

He was glad to hear positive emotions where Nikai and Keoni were concerned. If she had felt anything but, he would have done his best to release her of any responsibility in parenting them. She could have become a fun Aunt, as with Adeline, if she wanted. But, it didn't seem like she wanted to be set apart like that, and it warmed him to know he had someone by his side through this. 

She seemed to ramble about her heat, having pups, he having pups, and then her loyalty. He didn't like Eden's name coming up, as he wished nothing but death for the female. He shook his head side to side. I would never compare you to her, he said firmly. It would never enter my mind in any kind of doubt that you would think of doing that. And, he meant that. 

Ridding his mind of the traitor, it went back to pups, and he chuffed a few moments later in a sort-of laugh. We could both have pups if we had each other's, he said jokingly. He could have pups, and she could have pups, and they both could have pups.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette wondered what had happened if Niita was still around. Would she even be a mother of the pups? She was pretty protective at the time of Adeline, and as Steady's mate it would be logical. She wouldn't even be in the position to be able to grow closer to Steady. It made her feel bad for selfishly not minding the fact that Niita was gone. Perhaps Steady felt the same about Ezekiel. His spoken words made it seem so. The dark colored female decided not to comment on it for now because she was unsure about her own stance on this whole matter.

Valette shrugged lightly and battered her hazel eyes at Steady. "I know I wouldn't compare me to her peers but I wouldn't want to break the rules," she admitted. And asking permission to have pups while she liked the wolf she would be asking permission from didn't feel right in her mind. Then she wouldn't want to have children. Only when she would truly love that other and was sure she wasn't going to be abandoned. That was a bit part of her even accepting into a mateship.

Valette did not expect for Steady to make such a comment. They having pups together? Loyalty-wise she would instantly carry the pups for her alpha when asked. But if he was asking more, like being mates, being together. Instantly it was more complicated for her but first she had to get over the initial shock that he would think of her like that, because very secretly so she did like the idea of them together. Before she could gather a reasonable state of mind she let out; "That might be the best solution." Valette instantly flushed after her spoken words and looked away, now a bit a embarrassed. As a young adult these feelings were quite strange to act upon or even lightly admit.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He nosed her neck in an effort to... Comfort her? Assure her? He wasn't sure, but the movement felt right, so he went with it. He wished thoughts of Eden wouldn't have to enter their mind. I don't ever worry that you would do something like that. As it stands right now, I don't even have a mate, he pointed out. If you do, when the time comes, I would respect you enough to at least consider putting my wants aside, he said genuinely. Valette had proven her worth and her loyalty to the pack time and time again, and he would not ignore that for his own selfish reasons, whatever right he might have. 

He couldn't help but grin when she agreed with him. It had been an off-hand statement, but apparently she didn't think it was such a bad idea. I suppose we shall see what the future holds, he replied softly. He would make no promises today, as he felt it would be wrong to hold her to such a thing when they weren't mates. But, if that day did come along, and they were both willing... Well, why not?