Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
@Stark and @Banner :3

Seeing that things had settled more in Easthollow it was time for the Ranger to keep her promises to not only her friends but also to other packs. Marauder's Keep was important to her, mostly because Banner was a good friend of hers. She was not sure if she would call Stark a friend but the last time he seemed to have tolerated her which she could conclude from Banner that such a thing was a good thing.

Valette approached their borders, after all she had to tell them some news. Not only did her pack relocate but there was also the murder of their refugee that bothered her. He wanted them to be up to date. The young female stopped at a respectable distance as always. She howled for the leaders but was more than open to have new friendships develop with the Keep's wolves.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
So much had changed but Stark still wasn't sure just how to process it all. He felt the world shifted on it's axis too often for him to count - losing his partner, the random male he'd let take him next to the lake, finding out that he had died, it left Stark wondering what he should do. Maybe being alone was better. Maybe that was what he needed to focus himself. Just the pack, just his family. He swallowed back a sigh, ears perking as he heard a call for the leadership - it wasn't the standard howl of a joiner though. 

Stark gave a short call of his own before he made his way to find Valette standing there, curious as to what she'd wanted. It was with a tinge of regret that he knew he'd have to tell her that Octavia had died. "Valette," He offered her in a low rumble, his posture still dominant over his land but not hostile at all. He'd been worked up when they'd met, and now - well. Numb was the easiest way to put it. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Mana, feel free to jump in anytime!

Valette smiled when she saw Stark approach. The dark colored male reminded her a bit of Steady in how he approached. She guessed it was just a male thing to approach the borders so dominantly. Valette didn't mind, actually she could rather appreciate it. She couldn't help but notice how Stark felt a bit down, yet how would she know. Maybe he was just his distanced self.

"Hi Stark. I came to tell you, or well technically Banner, that Silvertip Mountain has relocated and now named Easthollow. We relocated to the Rising Sun Valley. I ran into Banner there, and promised to let her know once things settled down," she started explaining. She was never one to waste time with these things. She would go straight to the point though she was curious if he ever found that pup he was looking for and how things were going with Tavi.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Arriving on scene just as Valette launched into her greeting, Banner offered a friendly woof to the other female.  She sidled up to Stark with an affectionate bump.  Her bright green gaze lingered on his face for an extra second, worry for her dear brother in the forefront of her thoughts as always.  The last few weeks had been difficult - all days after Octavia's death were a struggle for him.  She pressed her nose to his shoulder before turning her attention to their visitor from the South.

I'm glad to hear that your pack has finally settled.  Easthollow, was it?  Her tone was light and friendly.  Valette was, after all, a friend to Marauder's Keep.  And now Easthollow could be added to their list of friendly allies.  Is everything well in your pack? she asked, curious to know if they'd encountered any difficulties during their transitional period.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark wasn't against showing Banner affection in front of Valette. He turned to nuzzle into her even as she nosed at him before the pair turned their attention to Valette. He wasn't going to hold his affections back in front of Valette. She wasn't a loner coming to find a home, he didn't need to show his authority - he didn't feel threatened then.  She explained that her pack had relocated, calling themselves Easthollow now. He wondered where in the Valley they'd settled down, they were closer it seemed than what they'd been before. 

"You guys are setting before winter?" He asked, wondering how long they'd been there and he hoped that with winter breathing down their necks that the pack was establishing its new territory well. The thought came to him that he'd have to tell Valette that Octavia had passed; he was so weary of telling people that news. He'd wait though, not distract them from the conversation until later.  
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette instantly smiled when she saw Banner. Her tail wagging with excitement. She greeted her back with the same response and then decided to plant her butt down and sit. "Yes, Easthollow. And I am promoted to the Beta rank," she smiled. She was proud of herself for reaching that rank, it also showed that she had some more things to say about her pack and not just a messenger. "Yes, and no," she then returned to Banner about their pack.

Stark asked another question in which she instantly nodded. "It will be our permanent home. It is located by the forest that lays next to Wapun Meadow," she explained so they could come visit. "All was wonderful actually. We settled in well, we even took in a refugee female with her three pups. Only that is also why I came here and why things might not be so well. The one she was running from found her and well, they killed her at our borders. She was ... beheaded," she explained. It was rough.

"We haven't seen any signs of them returning for more or with more, but I am worried. So please be on the look out for sketchy figures. I hope that they won't return to our pack," Valette admitted with a worried frown. "Just be vigilant." One of the pups had gone missing, two of them were still with them so it could be that they would return for them. Valette sincerely hoped not.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
A brighter smile lit her dark brown features when Valette shared her rank-related news.  Congratulations! she offered in her low voice, tail wagging a steady beat.  However, her face fell a bit when the Easthollow female moved on to more serious matters.  Banner chanced a quick look up to Stark's eyes when the words "refugee female and her three pups" rang out.  That was.. oddly familiar.

.. beheaded? she repeated softly, horror coloring her voice.  What was.. who could..?  The lady Marauder sank her shoulder a little deeper into her darker brother and swallowed audibly.  We.. we will, she managed.  Do you know anything about this criminal?  Her question was posed with a more steady voice, though the look on her face still bedtrayed the discomfort and unease such a conversation naturally brought about.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark offered her a small smile when she announced her rank. It was a proud moment, no doubt, and Stark could remember how he'd felt when he himself had become Beta. Ascending to Alpha had not been done so with joy exactly - but a burning need of necessity to command the destiny of the wolves he'd come to care for. The Keep had needed stability that Harlyn and Octavia hadn't been able to supply at that point and he couldn't just sit back and have the pack fall to pieces. Hopefully the same fate wouldn't befall Valette. 

"I'm sorry to hear it." Stark said as the news of the beheaded female was offered - it seemed that this Easthollow had it's own set of issues. He looked to Banner, lowering his head across hers for a moment as if to comfort his sister, thinking of her, of Amara, of Harlyn, of the tiny puppies - of his own Tambourine. He swallowed thickly before lifting his head from Banner's. "We'll keep an eye out.....how old are the children, is the father about?" Of course if there was no parent hopefully someone in the pack had stepped in - like he had for Tambourine, like the pack was doing to help Amara. 

"Any information and I assure you, we'll see the assassin meets justice."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette hated to bring discomfort to Banner and the info she was carrying but Valette had to tell them at least. They should know if there was a killer around. Unfortunately she didn't know much about the murderer or murderess. This was also a possibility. "No, I don't know much. The scene was covered in blood, so much so it overwhelmed any other marks or scents," she explained to the other and shook her head. Valette did have an idea that might work but she was hesitant to do that seeing that it involved visiting her father.

"There is no father we know off. The female was fleeing from something. Steady, our alpha, will take them in as their own," she explained. She herself was a bit hesitant to become their mother but she would help out, of course. "And me being the main hunter means I will of course provide for them too. They are young around 4 to 5 weeks. So they probably won't remember their mother much," she admitted. Perhaps that was a good thing. Less... trauma. "Thank you so much, that is all I can ask. I wanted you guys to at least know there is a killer walking around these lands."
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
The scene was covered in blood?  Banner cringed, not bothering to hide her visceral reaction to Valette's description.  She didn't speak further, though it wasn't necessary as her friend continued on with the state of the deceased female's pups.  It was a good thing that other packs were much like theirs, at least when it came to caring for pups with no where else to go.

You'll do right by them, she said finally, her voice thick with emotion.  Later Banner knew she'd be surprised by her intense reaction but now she couldn't seem to form a thought complete enough to turn into words.  Ducking her head, the short brown female leaned against her brother again.  Thank you, she added quietly.  For letting them know, for taking in orphaned pups.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Though the distance between them was great it was clear that Valette and Banner had a decent relationship. Though he'd blown up at her originally he was also fond of the woman. He agreed with Banner's confidence in Valette - she seemed eager to help, to work, and Stark knew it would carry her and her pack far. 'If we can help at all, the Keep is always a friend of yours." He said with a nod, just sparing a glance to Banner to see her thoughts. It wasn't necessarily an alliance, but, it was a start - diplomacy wasn't his strongest field but he was trying. 

"Not only have I been taking care of Octavia's boy Tambourine but a mother and her three children came into the Keep. Her former pack Rosings fell. It's been hard, but, seeing the pack come together for the sake of the children is a reward all it's own." Stark said, hoping to be encouraging although he didn't know if that was something that they were really in need of anyone else's support.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Banner's words were encouraging. Valette hoped so. She didn't even have her own heat yet, perhaps this spring/summer she would get her first but before the pups came upon her path she didn't even think about having pups yet. It was not something that she gave a good thought, but if her friend thought that she was fit to be a mother Valette would believe her judgement. "Thank you," she spoke softly.

The male, Stark, started speaking now and his words did her well. Even though their start was maybe a bit rocky they were good now. Valette was not someone to take things personally. Often there were other factors at play that made wolves react in a certain way. "Likewise for Easthollow. Perhaps you two could come over to Easthollow and meet Steady. My Alpha," she offered, plus then they would have a glimpse of their home and its location.

Start continued and from her words she had the feeling that they hadn't found Tavi yet. The dark colored female looked at Stark. "From those words I an assume that you have not found Tavi yet? I'm sorry," she spoke. "I hope your words will be the same for our pack," she admitted.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Still full of emotion, Banner simply nodded her agreement at Stark's words.  He'd alwasy been far more eloquent than she.  It was a damn good thing she had her darling brother.  She looked up and tossed him a small, grateful smile just for good measure.  He knew he was always appreciated but it certainly didn't hurt to remind him every now and then.

We'll give you more time to settle in, but I'd love to visit and meet your Alpha, she replied.  Banner didn't have the chance to visit Valette in her old home.  Actually, she didn't have the chance to do much visiting at all.  The best time for her to go would likely be in a couple of weeks.  The youngest Marauders were a little bit older now and out of their birthing den and ideally she'd make her journey before winter was truly upon them..

Her train of thought was interrputed by the mention of their former Alpha.  Heaving a quiet sigh, Banner felt it best to be a little blunt with her response: Octavia is dead.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Banner seemed to agree with his thoughts - it wouldn't hurt them at all to find themselves an ally. "Absolutely. We'd be happy to make a visit." Stark nodded at her words, giving them some time but not hesitating too long so that they somehow forgot one another. Not that he thought it would happen, not really. Without warning the course of the conversation hit him hard, taking the wind from his lungs in the question. Banner was straight to the point and while he appreciated that she didn't leave it to him she certainly didn't sugarcoat it at all. 

"She...she passed a couple months ago." He said with a frown, looking down at the ground for a moment. He looked up to meet Valette's eyes, his own a bit far off, nearly fogged with emotions. "I found her wandering and she was skin and bones - really sick. There was nothing I could do. She passed at my side before I could even get her home." Stark explained gently.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
She was glad her invitation was taken well, and she hoped to see them. Valette remembered that she would have to tell Steady about their visit. So he would be informed. The young female was happy to show them around, with Steady's permission of course. Then the conversation took a different side. Valette's face fell. Slowly she nodded. What she noticed the most was how much difficulty Stark seemed to have with this.

"Oh no. I am sorry for your loss," she spoke instantly. Stepping closer and offering a frown in pity. "I didn't know. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked," she added. Now she felt bad about asking about Tavi. She might have to give them a condolence gift. "If you two ever want to talk you know where I am," she offered. Valette was a good listener. "At least her son has a warm family to live with. She will live through him. I am sure of it."

Valette might needed to visit her father figure too. Did he know about Tavi's death? Perhaps she should tell him. Perhaps he knew. It was all complicated and maybe not worth traveling for. She offered a comforting smile at Stark. Hopefully he wouldn't feel too bad after this.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Banner remained quiet, still so shaken from this conversation among the three that a disturbed look lingered on her dark face.  It didn't help that the topic had shifted to Octavia an her own contribution to that was a little too blunt to write off as simple awkwardness.  Clearing her throat, she nodded her head once to Valette.  Of course she didn't know - wasn't that how these things went?

She shifted and looked to her brother again while tryin in vain to smooth her features out.  It was a lost cause, anyhow.  Thank you for coming, Valette. she repeated softly.  What else was there to say?  She felt the sudden urge to be alone - or maybe cuddled up next to Buchanan.  I think I'll.. I'm..  Banner found herself floundering, not knowing how to excuse herself from the situation.  Her bright green gaze dropped to the ground and she backed up a step.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass