Stone Circle Supposed to fire my imagination
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Her fever had abated soon after the herbs she had swallowed had taken affect, but the girl was by no means miraculously cured. The events of that day were a fever-blurred haze, but she remembered a burning fever and emotions that were a strangled mixture of fear and panic. She had lain within the den for many days as she recovered, sleeping most of the time, and could hardly be bothered to play or eat most of the time.

confusing blurred memories of Steady and fear and a fight had dominated her thoughts, and though she had no memory of him after that fight she could hardly be certain. Away from all the drama, her fear had abated, leading to uncertainty and nervousness and confusion.

and when she woke one day with a fierce hunger, blinking at the morning light and searching for her parents, she let out a howl, for anyone, someone, and searched for the figure of Valette with a intensity, glad to be out of her funk, and yet in no rush to go outside just yet.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was never too far away from the den site especially with the other being ill. Still the female needed to hunt and do her duties. She hoped that Keoni was willing to eat soon. She disliked having to force feed the child. She didn't seem to interested in eating. The young female pounced on a rabbit when she heard the pup howl. She made it a quick kill and trotted in a hurry back to the den.

She stepped inside and dropped the rabbit. "Keoni,"' she greeted with a lick over her head. She was surprised that the female was awake. "I caught some food for you and your brother." She grabbed the rabbit and stripped it from it's skin. Instead of fully eating it Valette took small bites out of the organs and placed it by Keoni's feet for her to eat. It would do her well to chew on the soft meats. Valette was sure off it. "Why don't you try it," she smiled.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
Her words were lost on the girl, already stomaching the food with vigor. The soft meets were healthy and easy for her to eat, and her hunger was quickly sated by the small meal, not quite able to stomach all that she would on a normal occasion quite yet.

she blinked blearily up at Valette when she finished, yawning widely. though confusion was still paging her thoughts, and moments after she asked, "Staddy?"

it was a question, though vague, as she didn't know what she should or could ask first. where was her father? why did she remember him being frightening, scary? was it a dream? Steady wasn't bad Steady was good? confusion clouded the girl's face quickly, brows furrowed in concern as she looked up to Valette.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was happy to see her eating. Food would do her well, along with the herbs from Mirabelle. It was good to know that she wasn't going to perish from her illness. Valette would be devastated. Keoni looked confused which she confirmed by asking for Steady. The young female looked at Keoni in return. "Would you want Steady to be here?," she asked, because that would be excellent news if she wanted him closer.

Steady had taken a clear distance when the female had been so scared of him. Hopefully that wasn't something permanent though. She thought it would be best to have Steady close again, and show her that he was here to help instead of to harm. "Do you miss him?," she asked the young pup.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
She quickly nodded an affirmative, and was about to ask a question when Valette spoke once more. At this she nodded again, for truly she did; the great dark male was her protector, her comfort. "Where Staddy go?" But after this, but a moment passed before she looked to Valette. "Why did Staddy hurt 'Belle?" She asked with a small tilt of her head. The actions of her guardian still confused her, and though the word attacked did not immediately come to find, it did but a moment later.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette thought these question might come and she was ready to answer them. Valette quirked up her lips into a gentle smile. "He wanted to give you some space," she spoke honestly. "Well, Steady did that to protect you," she explained to her. However there was part of his past that made Valette believe that triggered him more.

"He is your daddy, and would protect you always. Maribelle took you from our den and your father read her intentions wrong. She is a new wolf, less than a month in the pack, and he thought because she took you she was going to do something bad. Like hurt you for instance," she spoke calmly. She paused so questions could be asked..

"Of course Maribelle had good intentions and it was a misunderstanding. A big word I know, but misunderstanding means most of the time both were wrong. It was not smart to take you from our home, but it was not right from you father to attack her. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. I hope both can forgive each other."
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
To protect her? She knew that was what fathers were meant to do, and though she was unsure how and why protecting was done, the fact that @Steady never hurt her, only protect her, put her at ease. She had known that he wouldn't harm her, deep down, but that day had been so confusing and quite simply terrifying for the girl that the mere sight of violence and Steady
with blood on his maw had her panic.

Valette continued, and she listened raptly. "Why did 'Belle-" she broke off, and Valette continued, until the influx of information had Keoni silent, her confusion and nervousness dissipated like fog before a gust of wind. She nodded to show she understood, repeating once or twice the new word in her mind to catalog it. "Can I sees Staddy nows?" She asked, looking the Valette, her confusion being replaced by a fierce longing to see her father again.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched the pup as she talked and it seemed that she understood. She asked for Steady so who was Valette to stop her. "Of course," she spoke with a smile and then stepped outside the den to howl for Steady. It would to the father well to see his daughter forgive him. Valette moved back inside the den and curled around the pup. "You should still stay warm, though," she spoke and licked over Keoni's cheek.

Even though the pup was far more active than she was when she was sick, Valette rather liked that she was better. But she wanted the youngster to at least rest for a bit more inside the den before she would have free reign again. Hopefully Steady would be here soon for the reunion with him and the youngster.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had, indeed, kept his distance from their den since the altercation with Mirabelle. In fact, he had kept his distance from the majority of the pack, save for his partner, Valette. He did his patrols, and sometimes he would sneak by the den quickly, just smell Keoni's scent, and then he would make his way to the stone circle. He found he realized how quickly he had gotten used to having the warmth of Valette, Nikai and Keoni in the den, and he missed. The snow was a cold partner to sleep with, offering no comfort whatsoever.

When Valette's howl reach him, he was immediately worried, fearing something had happened. He was up and running towards the den, slowing to a stop at the entrance. Valette? he said softly, not wanting to scare Keoni. He could smell her, knew that she was there. But, he didn't know she had been the one to ask for him.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
She agreed sleepily, ears perked as she listened to Valette's howl as it faded in the crisp autumn air. She waited for Steady to make his appearence with a great deal of impatience,  shifting on the deer skin and considering gnawing it. But Steady arrived rather quickly, and with a wagging tail did she lurch toward him, eyes bright.

Perhaps were she an adult her fear, apprehension would have made a larger impact, but young as she was she was adaptable, and hardly had the capability to hold a grudge within her. She burrowed his head into his side affectionately,  glad to see him after so long apart,  made all the worst by her childish sense of time, which to her seemed to go by simply so much longer.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
OMG so sorry I looked over this!

Valette smiled when Steady came in. She didn't need to explain much as the girl was just full of excitement seeing her dad again. The female smiled even wider at the sight. What a lovely thing to see. "Someone missed you badly, Steady. So I called you," she hummed in explanation though she was pretty such not much explanation was needed.

"Come in, it is cold outside," she spoke to them both. They could have their reunion in a warm den instead of in the cold. She figured that especially Steady could use a warm den. The male had been punished enough in Valette's eyes.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He had expected Valette's form to appear at the entrance, but it was a smaller, excited form that reach him. For a moment, he simply stood there, his heart racing as his mind was catching up to the fact that Keoni didn't seem to fear as she did in Mirabelle's den. He lowered his head to nose her body affectionately, but refrained from licking her. In this cold, he didn't want to get her wet. 

He smiled to Valette, his eyes clearly indicating how happy he was to have the trust back of his youngest daughter, and nodded to her suggestion before looking back at Keoni. I'm pretty cold. Want to help keep me warm?  he asked her. The truth was, he desperately needed to feel his family around him, and to be snuggled against Keoni would allow him a restful night's sleep. He moved to go into the den, but waited to make sure Keoni was coming.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
She agreed to Steady's suggestion quickly, and with a wagging tail she followed him into the den, settling aginst him and finding comfort in his familar scent. She pressed against her side, though her illness had made her decidedly more tired than usual, and soon, she was asleep, happy to have her family whole once more.