Stone Circle I've been called many things. Nostalgic is not one of them
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Private 

A few weeks after Valette had come to visit them Stark had made the journey to find her. He didn't want to come across as an arrogant ass, but, every time they'd run into each other had come to a point of uncomfortableness. Ironically it was Octavia each time that had brought it there but, Stark wasn't going to keep letting the woman down. He'd promised to come to her pack, like an olive branch, and maybe they could support one another. 

He'd left at dawn and had arrived in the afternoon. It was here that he'd met Starbuck and the dogs. Mac and Fry? That was his guess, but he'd never seen them again after all. Stark licked his lips, and after a moment of hesitantion, gave a call for Valette. He didn't want to loiter awkwardly and end up intercepted by someone else. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was surprised when she heard a howl for her, one that didn't seem to come from within the territory. Was it the borders? It sounded manly. The female curiously thought about the howl for a moment, and who it could be. She didn't want to let the caller wait too long so she trotted into the direction of the call.

She had been busy making Keoni stay. The female seemed to want to follow here to the Hinterlands. Amber had asked her after all to visit her family. She had not been away for a few months, staying around Easthollow and doing other duties. Valette arrived at the borders soon enough and saw to her surprise that Stark was here.

Valette approached him with a surprised look, though it soon faded into that friendly grin of hers. Her tail wagged as she greeted him, a friendly nudge against his muzzle. She felt that they were friends enough for that. At least with Banner she was, perhaps if she greeted Stark the same way he would be just as friendly. "You are here! Welcome," she smiled.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
When Valette showed up for him she seemed surprised he'd made the trip, something Stark was gonna remember in the future. He grinned at her when she approached, surprised by the bump to his muzzle with her own. It only took a moment before he'd melted into it, bumping her back before she stepped back to see him. The dark coated males tail wagged fondly and be nodded. "I make good on my promises," Stark explained with a grin. 

It was good to see her on nothing but pleasant terms, now there was no bad news from either of them - he hoped - to cause them to have to handle anything awkward again. They'd done that enough, he thought, and he'd much rather they have a chance to not trip over one another's situations. "So how are things going? Not tripping over all the power yet?" Stark teased good naturedly. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette chuckled good heartedly when the male spoke about promises. "I will remember that now," she teased him playfully. Though there was some distrust deep down. Because not a lot of wolves had kept their promises to Valette. Most broke them and then she was left all alone to deal with the pain. She rather not want to repeat that again.

Valette had to laugh again when Stark teased her. Who knew he was such a teaser? "Oh yes. I even took over Steady now and his alpha spot," she joked. After a light pause she caved though. "I would never do that," she admitted and felt a bit like a goody two shoes. "Things are going well. You are actually lucky you caught me because I was out on a ranger mission when one of our young followed me and I had to return to bring them home," she explained. Perhaps it was faith that made Keoni retrieve her so she would not be away when Stark came to visit. "How are things with you?"
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark grinned at Valette as she promised she'd remember - it reminded him that this was a chance for them to properly get to know one another. They hadn't before, so, this would be a huge improvement to the circumstances they'd met before. He laughed when she said that she'd already taken over the Alpha spot. "I like the ambition," He said with a grin. Of course there was a little purr to his voice, he could admire the ambition and drive even if she hadn't actually taken the position over. "Ah, got the itch to travel already?" He hummed out. He could respect that - and he did, a considerable amount. 

"It's alright. A pack settled in the valley near us and I'm not very fond of the Alpha - he had founded the Keep but when he came back to the Wilds he came to my borders and demanded to share my rank and my pack. Threatened to attack me any time he saw me out of the packlands." Stark hadn't stayed put though, and he hadn't run into Warbone either. "We won't abandon our pack and we won't be bullied." He refused. 
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's eyes glimmered lightly when he mentioned ambition. She was very ambitious. She worked herself up the ranks of her pack, was a dedicated provider of food and also made time to be a ranger for their pack. "Well I have lots of that, you must like me a lot then," she joked playfully. Who knew Stark has such a teasing side to him. "Well, I mostly wanted my Deerstalker and Tracker specialty to work on. But a pack member asked me to send a message to another pack," she explained. It was fun for her, to locate packs and territories.

Valette frowned more and more as Stark's story progressed. "What a horrible wolf. He can't demand his pack back after he left you. You are the rightful alpha. It is good that you have taken a stand," she spoke, instantly siding with him. She found it rather impressive of him that he stood his ground like that. She could really appreciate that in a wolf. However it could get him killed. "Wow that means that you being here was even more of a threat that it originally would be," she realized out loud. "Would you like to meet Steady?," she then asked curiously. Then at least this meeting wasn't only a chat with her, but also more... productive for Stark. At least that is what Valette assumed.