Morningside Cuesta I've often wished I could walk away from myself
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
I know that none of our threads are finished yet, but I wanted to get a thread up in the Cuesta for us. @Yglis @Akuti @Heartha @Sylvas Streiter @Hawthorn @Kieran Adrien @Sunny @Dawn - I'll also tag @The Girl @Adeline and @Nimue, though I am not sure they'll be coming with.
The most recent leg of their trip had been long. Grayday hadn't stopped to investigate, but they'd passed very close by a mountain pass that appeared to be claimed by a pack. He'd filed the information away in his mind, planning to tell Steady about it the next time he saw him. He certainly hadn't know about this pack, so he was pretty sure his alpha didn't. Either way, it wasn't a good idea to hang out near claimed lands, so Grayday had led the group around the pass to this place. They'd come in the night, and Grayday had nearly fallen down the steep clifface that had become of the gradually inclining hill they'd been on.

Tired, and not wanting to navigate the terrain in the dark, Grayday'd simply laid down in the grass, gathered his family around him, and promptly fell asleep. And he'd stayed that way, until the first fingers of dawn began to reach their way past twilight. Blinking himself away, Grayday now stared at the sliver of light on the horizon, unable to do anything but marvel as a brilliant sunrise began to bleed into the sky.

"Look," he said softly, nudging the wolves nearest to him to consciousness.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Dawn had been curled up against her father's chest, not quite sleeping, but not exactly awake, either. She'd been roused first by the subtle changes in his breathing and heartbeat as he stirred, and now again was roused by the quiet timbre of her father's voice. At his command, the girl opened her sleepy eyes and made an effort to turn her head in the direction he was staring off into.

"Whoa," she breathed, awed by the vast swirls and rivers of color that'd been painted across the sky. They had a perfect view of the mountain range from here, and presently, it was outlined in bright silver as the sun prepared to make its first appearance for the day.

And then Dawn looked around herself, and found that she quite liked the look of the land they were on, too. They'd slept upon the cliff that her father had almost fallen off of, and below them was a gradually sloping plain, rife with grass and flowers and little secluded stands of trees - and just beyond that was a river, also painted silver by the morning light.

"It's beautiful here," she said, craning hear head to look up at her father's face. This seemed like important information to impart upon him, since he probably couldn't tell for himself.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Akuti had been nestled up against Grayday all through the night. From the looks of it, one could have even mistaken her for one of the pups resting nearby! As the large brute began to rise, nudging her into a slightly unpleasant conciousness. Although initially a grumpy, rumbling mess, Akuti managed to sit up and find her place beside him as they stared into the bright colors of the sunrise. Dawn said what seemed obvious; this land they had stumbled upon was unique in its beauty, as it seemed nothing Akuti had experienced before could compare.

I've never seen anything like this. Normally she was asleep, which might have explained why she'd never partaken in the mosaics shown at the ass-crack of dawn. But now that she was awake and concious and she had this opportunity, she was glad that she got to have it with the wolves she most cared for.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
@Grayday i may need to PM you! your inbox is full or something!

Sunny had been resting rather peacefully when the movement of his sister and father roused him. He had heard his fathers command and so sat up, his own eyes widening in awe. There were so many colors, much more than he had ever seen at once and he stunned him. "wow....it's incredible" he breathed softly. Taking in a deep breath he felt calmer than he had in a while, yet awake despite the long journey.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran had been sleeping. He was exhausted but the voices he heard a little bit away woke him up from his slumber. He tilted his head, getting up to his paws and stretching. The boy said nothing as he watched, looking around at the same colours that the others saw. He was slightly more depressed since he had been around Sunny and Dawn. They reminded him of Sorrel, and it brought back some of the pain he had been trying to free himself of.

His eyes trailed back to his father, Sylvas, but he did not make any move to wake him. Most likely, he would wake soon anyway - as would the others.
English * French
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha's eyes peeked open to, expecting to see the dark of the night. She had been struggling to sleep, after Tulip had disappeared. She had lost her children again, and she could only blame herself. She should have watched over them, but she had failed them.

So she was surprised to see the sun coming up. She had managed to sleep through the night. Her head lifted, and she let out a sigh of relief. It had not been a good sleep, but at least she had one. Her eyes remained on the sun, a sad look in her eye. She wished they could have seen this with her, her children. 

She soon looked away to the others around. The male her and Kieran had met at the river, Sylvas, and some others that had joined with them. Another family, another path to travel.
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
I'm so sorry for how long it's taken me to respond and also from going inactive for a moment there! x3 <3

His mind had denied him rest and with a head plagued by thoughts of the past, along with the future, the brute hadn't found much sleep through the night. So instead, Sylvas kept a watchful eye out as the others around him slept, waiting restlessly until the creeping grip of slumber took its own hold on him.

The mercenary remained curled with the others, currently sleeping, his chest rising and falling with each breath taken. Eventually with the gradual stirring of the others, his brown ears began to pivot a top his head, the large male soon beginning to stir himself as the sound of voices caught his attention. Slowly, Sylvas shifted himself, eyes opening to first see the sky, which indeed was a beautiful array of colors and the cause of the early rise. Managing a small smile for the moment, still slightly tired, the male's hazy gaze shifted to the others around him, though his golden eyes were instantly drawn to Kieran and Heartha. Giving his head a gentle shake, Sylvas blinked some, now noticing that everyone present was now awake.  
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
While the view was lost on the blinding male, the atmosphere of hope and togetherness was not. He knew that he didn't know all of these wolves very well, but it felt good that they were out there. That a journey had brought them together and that a journey had seen them to this place.

"Let's stay for a while," Grayday suggested, looking back at his companions. Mainly, he looked toward Sylvas, who was the head over his own household. "There'll be fish in the river and pheasants in the trees - and I thought I could smell burrows last night, a few miles back from here." They would leave when they realized that a pack of wolves had decided to stay, but that was the beauty of it. If the herds didn't stay, neither would they. Grayday and his companions, without the weight of a pack behind them, could simply follow the herds as they saw fit. There was no alpha to stop them.
What's Mine is Ours
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
Recently, Hawthorn had been staying near the back of the group. He'd been isolating himself from the strangers, and only huddling near those he was familiar with, but even those were rare. Mostly, the boy kept to himself and observed others quietly, getting to know them in his own way. So, even though he knew next to nothing about them, he'd already memorised their routines, their little quirks and those little things that made them unique.

Others might find it creepy, but he found it useful. Much more useful than communicating with them, and being social. God, that was a nightmare. Still, Haw decided that he shouldn't isolate himself too much and slowly, stealthily, made his way over to Kieran, giving him an affectionate nudge to the cheek before silently waiting by his side. He would wait and see what would happen.
if you can't fly, then run;
if you can't run, then walk;
if you can't walk, then crawl;
even if you have to crawl, gear up
aim your gun! ready! fire!

Mercenary:
0/5
Caregiver/Medic: 0/5

(always open for threads)
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
her gaze trailed from the view before them briefly, to settle on the two boys that had joined their travelling group. Her age, it seemed, perhaps a little younger or a little older. Definitely younger than the friends she had left at Easthollow- and while she sometimes thought about her first home in their travels, she was hardly sad to have left it. This adventure was far more exciting. 

"Dad- can I-" a yawn punctured her words, for not yet had the fog of tiredness lifted from her, and her limbs ached dully as sleep left her steadily. and yet, she could hardly wait for the tiredness to abate, for there was far too much to do. "-can I explore?" if she had her way, she would set off immediately to discover all the secrets this new place held.
6 Posts
Ooc —
I'm late but she's here :)

[table width=85%][tr][td]The ermine had travelled with Grayday, his family, and the growing number of other stragglers like herself whom were searching for a home. 

It was not that Yglis could not have found an already formed pack nor that she knew any of Grayday's people more so than she might any other packs. It was merely that the ivory pelted woman had run across the Morningsiders first. 

With the sounds of the others awakening, Yglis too sits up with a wrenching stretch and jaw breaking yawn. She blinks glittering black eyes, made more eerie by the lack of sufficient light, and takes in the blood red sunrise with awe. 

It's no where near as beautiful as the Lights from her home but it's uniquely beautiful in its own right. Yglis will be happy here.[/table][/tr][/td]
Ivory, Porcelain, Steel
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday chuckled at his daughter's (predictable) exuberance. Even first thing in the morning with sleep still in her eyes, she was wanting to be far and away. It was a trait that the male recognized in himself, though his thirst for adventure had been quenched long ago. Now he travelled simply for the love of it, and because it was easier to outrun his demons than face them head-on.

"Take someone with you," he instructed. "I don't want either of you out on your own. And if you go any further than shouting distance, you'd better have an adult with you." It was known, by now, that Adeline did not yet count as an adult in these cases, but he would not be surprised if Dawn tried to entice the older girl along anyway. They were both rule-breakers, his two.

Turning his head away from the girl, he gave the rest of the party a quick once-over. He didn't know all of these wolves very well, but he was pleased to be acquainted with each one of them. "And I was thinking we might go on a hunt later on today. If you don't want to miss that, I wouldn't go far." Though the words were spoken to his daughter, he looked back to the rest of the adults, wondering how they felt about the notion.
What's Mine is Ours
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Horrible post >_<

He blinked for a moment, the haze of sleep finally lifting as he caught sound of Grayday's voice over the murmurs of the others, his brown ears twitched and gradually Sylvas turned his head, bright amber eyes peering to the male as he spoke. The mercenary listened carefully and offered Grayday a simple nod of his head as he shifted himself onto his haunches, the idea of remaining where they were appealed greatly to the brown male and Sylvas was certain that the others would agree to the notion as well.

Straightening his posture as he sat upright, the male casually began to peer across the colorfully lit terrain, his eyes searching the lands for a brief moment before returning to look over the gathered group as Grayday spoke to his daughter, though his ears perked at the mentioning of a hunt, ”A hunt sounds like a plan to me.” He said, his bushy tail giving a small sway beside him as he looked to the others, ”I'm sure everyone here would also agree to the idea..” Sylvas said, the thought of food having already stirred his stomach.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Everyone had woken up to view the sunrise, some more enthusiastic than others about the magnificent array of colors that had presented itself to them. Sunny greeted them all with a silent nod, or a warm smile but not before turning his reddish gaze back toward the sunrise.When Dawn piped up asking to go explore Sunny stood up looking toward Grayday eagerly. Maybe this was how he could prove himself grown up in his father's eyes. "I can go with her. Make sure she doesn't stray too far away, and keep the group's scent in range so we can easily find our way back."  he suggested trying to keep the childish excitement and hope out of his voice in turn for a more serious businesslike tone.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sorreeee for the short post

Kieran was silent while the others spoke among themselves, his glance stealing to Hawthorn as he came to join them. He gave a small smile and pressed slightly closer, hoping for a little more comfort while around these strangers. Well, they were strangers to him, anyway.

"Hey Haw," he greeted the other boy quietly, giving a small wag of his tail as his gaze flickered back to the scene ahead of them.
English * French
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha's ears perked up at what Day said to his daughter, Dawn. Then Sunny offered his own assistance. "I can help you." She considered it her job to look after the young, keep an eye on them. She stood up, ready to go. But, she would wait for if Day approved of it first. "Plus, a stretch of my legs is something I could use." 

She wasn't one to hunt, so if she could watch the children, then she would. "I can watch the kids when you all go on the hunt" she said, then started to walk out to get some more sun.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
"ok, Da!"  came her reply, gaze flickering to the available adults she might be able to goad into an adventure. of course, rules were meant to be broken, and likely she would- but for now, she'd obey her father in his wish. her maw broke into a grin, wondering at all the cool places she might discover- with or without pertaining to her father's rules. 

her joyfulness was spoiled by Sunny, with a frown, she turned to him and uttered a fierce retort. "Stop babying me! I'm not stupid."  she declared with a glare in his direction. her anger, however, was short-lived, for such was her happiness that it quickly overcame it, and she turned from her brother and to Heartha. "Can we explore now? Can I watch the hunt?" came her questions in a tumble, though she refrained from collapsing into pure excitement, still stung by her brother thinking he was  oh-so-much-better than her.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny turned to Heartha as she offered to join Dawn, and ignored it because of the sharp retort from Dawn "Well you sure act like a baby sometimes!" he retorted with an equal amount of fierceness. He was getting kind of tired of trying to look out for his baby sister only to be shouted at about it. For a moment he wished she would get into trouble somehow, without him being there and then she'd see that he was trying to protect her. Instantly he regretted it but with a dark look he snorted and shook his head "Fine Dawn. You dont want me to care about your well being, then fine. Go explore by yourself and find trouble like you always seem to" 

The words were nasty and bitter, but he was hurt. Giving her a hurt and angry glare he ran off, not caring a single bit about his father's rules to stay close and have someone with him. Let someone else babysit Dawn while he explored all by himself just like he used to do when he was a small pup!
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Okay, now Kier was confused. Why were they fighting? Surely siblings were meant to stick together? Or they should.... It's not like I would know. Sorrel's gone. He didn't really believe she was gone forever, but she wasn't here and he didn't expect her to turn up any time soon. Perhaps it was not she who had left - maybe she had been kidnapped! 

A scowl grew on the boy's face as his gaze shot between Dawn and Sunny. "Stop fighting." he grumbled, flicking his tail. He probably ought to be less bitter, but he missed his sister and his mother and he knew that he might not get his sister back. There was no chance of reviving his mother - she was dead. But even so, he envied the two other pups, because they still had their siblings. "Arrêtez de lutte," He spoke in the little french he knew, but honestly he didn't know if that was even right.

I don't need a sibling.... I have Haw. One day maybe I'll find Sorrel again, but right now I only need Haw. Haw and Dad.
English * French
6 Posts
Ooc —

[table width=85%][tr][td]Yglis perked with excitement only to shrink with anxiety as tension broke out. 

Her comprehension of English was not as perfected as her native tongue or French but she could understand what was going on. 

A hunt would take place soon, the children  were going to explore and the older woman was going to watch them, Sunny and Dawn were fighting, and several people seemed overall angry. 

"Stop..." Yglis murmured, pitch eyes flicking around warily at the many wolves. 

Suddenly the sound of one of her tongues caught her attention. She turned at the sound of the young man's voice and rose to her feet. 

Yglis padded over to him, sitting beside him without considering he might not want to speak to a stranger. "Tu parle français?"[/table][/tr][/td]
Ivory, Porcelain, Steel
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
At the sound of raised voices, Grayday lurched to his paws, bearing his teeth at the little troublemakers to show that he meant business. "Cut it out," he said harshly, ears pushed forward on his head. "Both of you."

He spared a glance in Sylvas's direction, half apology for their behavior and half gratitude for the other male's willingness to contribute. "My kids and I are going to have a little talk, and then we'll see about a hunt," he said to the others. To Heartha, he replied: "There will be no need to watch them, ma'am. Thank you for the offer, but it looks like they're both going to be sticking close to me for the day."

Leveling another hard stare at his children, he stalked a short distance away, clearling expecting them to follow.
What's Mine is Ours
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
As the other woman turned her head around to look at him, Kieran twitched his ear. He watched as she padded toward him, asking a question in French. He had not spoken in French for a little while, but he hadn't forgotten it. "Oui, j'ai appris le français quand j'étais plus jeune." the boy replied quietly, sorrow creeping up into his eyes as he thought back on the many times his mother and father had spoken and taught the language to him.

He banished the thoughts yet again from his mind and proceeded to watch as Grayday got up and took charge of the bickering siblings. Kieran's gaze rested on them with a frown, before he shot a quick glance to Hawthorn and Sylvas.
English * French
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Brown ears flicked back against his skull as he listened to the excited voices of Grayday's children, excitement that soon turned into bickering between the siblings as they argued on who would look after who whilst exploring. The mercenary remained quiet as this went on, watching the pair with mild amusement, though his amber eyes soon trailed to Kieran's form beside him, hearing as the young boy muttered under his breath for the two to cease arguing. Sylvas could see the unhappiness that dwelt within in son, something he was unable to change and hoped, that one day, would be lifted from the young boys shoulders. So, for now, Sylvas gave Kieran a caring nudge to the shoulder, but the next words that left the boys mouth were unexpected and Sylvas merely looked down to the boy with both pride and sadness.

Streiter gradually lifted himself from his rear and stretched out his front limbs to stand, amber eyes closing for a moment as he allowed a soft groan to escape his mouth as he stretched out his limbs, though his attention was soon stolen by the form of an approaching white woman as she came and settled herself down beside his son. Curiously, Sylvas watched as she too spoke in their tongue, the same that Kieran had previously used, a language that Sylvas had hardly used since the loss of his mate. It was uplifting to hear but also heartbreaking at the same time. 

His head turned as he caught sound of Grayday's stern voice, bushy brown tail giving a slight sway behind him as he watched the other male deal with his children. Sylvas didn't have to deal with such events between siblings, but deep down, the mercenary longed to have his daughter back, to hear his own argue and shout like Sunny and Dawn, to hear them squabble about petty things, just so he could do what Grayday was doing now. It hurt him deeply and he knew it hurt Kieran too, but Sylvas knew he had to push the thought aside and so, he allowed a long sigh to escaped him.

Sylvas allowed his paws to shift upon the grass, his fur rippling as his muscles began to twitch in the warm morning breeze that caressed his bulky form. Slowly, Syl peered over to Grayday and offered him a simple nod of his head and a slight smile, ”Certainly.” He said with a small wag of his tail, ”Whilst you do that, I can always scout the area for any nearby game.” The brown male suggested with a flick of an ear.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha watched the two fight, and wasn't as particularly annoyed as the rest were. She'd seen pups fight, a lot. Bicker, and sometimes bite each other till the other bled. This was nothing in her mind compared to that. But still, it was fighting. And it turned out Grayday would have none of it. She didn't catch onto Kieran and the other female speaking in another language, all attention on the Day family. 

Soon Day's attention turned to her, after speaking to Sylvas. She nodded. "I will remain here, if that is all right with you. I've never been the best at hunting." She still went outside, but chose to sit down instead, looking up at the sky.

Last post from Heartha
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she was about to direct a sharp retort at Sunny's fleeing rump before she was quickly shut down by a multitude of wolves. she tensed, visibly agitated, and shot her brother a glare. she'd rather go exploring without him, anyways- he had no guts to do anything fun. but that too, was shut down, when Da decided that they were going to have a talk. 

leave it up to Sunny to ruin this, she thought darkly. but she complied, albeit dragging her paws, and followed her father away from the others.