Stone Circle We don't talk anymore
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Private 

Valette was going on her daily patrol. It wasn't a border patrol but a patrol inside of the pack lands. She would check the common places for the deer herds to be and observed them. She knew often which deer would be injured and what was going on in the herd. She liked watching them. Valette wanted to have some insight. What bothered her was that the bison seemed to have permanently left their valley after the winter cold. The female was satisfied enough at the moment and walked over her usual trail to the other spot.

However, as she trotted on she realized that her path would come right past Krypton's den. Valette realized that it wasn't only Krypton who was staying there. Ezekiel lived there too now. Her ears flattened, she really didn't feel like seeing the male. She just hoped that he wouldn't be outside the den and perhaps didn't even notice that she was passing on the trail past the den.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel had been sleeping for the majority of the couple of days he'd been here. Rejuvenating his strength, allowing his aches and pains to cease. He was feeling better today, his stomach had finally quit complaining of hunger, his muscles allowing movement. He stood in Krypton's den now, hoping she would return so that he could talk to her. He wanted to know everything, everything that'd happened since he'd fallen and disappeared. Where was Steady, was Valette ok, who all had left and gone?

He was hoping for Krypton, however as soon as he smelled Valette in the vicinity, he dropped all his thoughts and started towards her. He wanted desperately to know why she was being so cold to him. He figured he knew why she was angry, but he had to explain. At least to make things right. He stopped a few yards from her, and bowed his head. He knew he wasn't a beta anymore, and she held herself with such grace and confidence, she must be alpha by now.

Valette. He said, all of a sudden not sure what to say. How could he explain everything?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette thought she passed the den without any conflict, meaning in her eyes not seeing Ezekiel. However, that was not the case she imagined would happen. She heard footsteps behind her soon enough. As she turned Ezekiel approached her with a bowed head. The female raised her muzzle and tail only to show that she was truly in charge here. She could just stop this conversation from happening by running away quickly but then again, she wasn't that kind of person.

Her hazel eyes were on him but it wasn't the kind and worried glance that was expected from her. "Ezekiel," she snorted, not even using his nickname 'Zeke'. She wanted to distant herself from the male. Perhaps it was better that he left because it gave her Steady. They had both been left behind by the ones that they loved. Valette wasn't even sure if she wanted to know the reasoning of his departure. He had broken his promise and left her. She had been filled with guilt and sadness for months.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Valette's response pained him so much, there was no warmth in her voice. What once was a sound he longed to hear had turned as cold as the dagger in his heart. He longed to see her smile just once, had he really hurt her so badly? His ice cold eyes drifted up from the ground to look at her hazel ones, they were still so kind. However the rest of her face was cold and wrathful, as if she could never forgive his disappearance. He hadn't chosen to leave, he'd forgotten her, and everyone else. He'd been hurt terribly, but upon his return he was hurt more than he'd ever been before. No physical pain could match knowing that you'd hurt one of the only people you'd ever loved.

He didn't know what to say. He wanted to go back to Krypton's den and hide, and hope that she'd come around some day and everything would be fine again, but he knew that wouldn't happen. So he spoke. I've been gone for a long time. I'm sorry. He managed to say, his voice had grown even lower and huskier over the time he'd been gone and now. He was completely full grown now, any sign of puppy like youth was gone from him.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's hazel colored eyes traveled over the male when he spoke. It was soon followed by a snort coming from her. Her ears flattened, clearly not very pleased with what he was saying. "You think I didn't notice that?," she hissed and actually bared her teeth in anger. She kept her head and tail held high. Valette was pretty pissed already and those words only fueled her anger.

"I searched everywhere for you. I went back to our meeting spot every. damn. day. for two weeks waiting for you to show up," she added. Her hackles raising now. Luckily Steady had been there for her. The female flickered her tail, it wasn't a nice wag, it was clear that it was irritation that made her tail flicker. The dark colored female shook her head.

"You know what? It doesn't matter. I don't care for any stupid excuse you might have. I'm mated to Steady and he means everything to me. At least I know he will never leave me," Valette snapped at him. Valette was quite an independent girl to a certain point. She loved to have someone she could come home to and snuggle against. Someone to support her.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Valette's aggression caused Ezekiel to back up a few steps. He definitely didn't want to be attacked by her. His comment only fueled the furnace of rage inside of her, and finally she lashed out. When she talked about how she'd waited for him, he felt a guilt that he'd never felt before, not even after killing. Nothing could compare to this. He wanted to speak up for himself, to explain, but he knew that with the stage she was in now, she wouldn't listen. He was smart enough to know that the best thing to do would be to allow her to get out her anger. Maybe later when she was calmer he could try explaining.

It wasn't until she spoke of Steady that he spoke again. They had mated?! What'd become of Niita, she'd gone and never returned? It seemed his best friend had moved on, onto the woman that he knew he'd loved. A moment of jealously boiled up in Ezekiel's veins but he diffused it quickly. They'd probably thought him dead, and he practically had been. They had every right to live on without him. But still it shocked him. 

Valette I'm not asking to be your lover, or your friend or even your acquaintance. I just want you to forgive me. I didn't just leave, and I think you know I wouldn't. I-I... His words were coming out with such exasperation, he had to take a moment to collect his thoughts. Something inside of him clicked then, the anger he felt beginning to come through. I fell from a ridge on our scouting trip. When I woke up I had amnesia. I fucking left the entire territory and went east, some pack found me and helped me get stronger again. That's when I started to remember. As soon as I remembered who you were, I left the pack and came here.

I crossed a fucking mountain range with an injured leg to find you. Every night I dreamed about my family, but most importantly you. I travelled all the way back to our old home to look for you but you were already gone. I spent a week going back the way I came, following the pack's scent, I didn't sleep, I barely ate, and then I arrived here. That's the whole story take it as it is or not at all. If you want me to leave, fine. But just know that I didn't leave you of my own accord, I loved you once. He finished, his icy blue eyes a mixture of coldness and fire at the same time, transfixed on those of the alpha's.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Ezekiel's story started out weak and full of excuses. However, after a few moments, the male found his fire and explained it to him anyhow. Valette wasn't sure if he wanted her to feel guilty or just wanted to make her understand. The female listened without interrupting even though she felt like walking away and not to be bothered with him again.

She found him to be quite stupid. He was a trained and seasoned warrior, right? How did he not know about footing and types of ground? Why didn't he sleep to get some rest? She realized he did it out of love, which was admirable in a way. However, his last words stung. 'I loved you once'. It contradicted his whole story. Or perhaps how she received him made him like her less?

Valette's anger wasn't just anger. It was fueled by something else. It was love. Deep down she would always love the male. Whether it was romantically or not. And that love had been hurting her ever since he left. Steady made it feel better and the idea that Ezekiel was dead in the first place soothed those hurtful feelings. But his re-appearance made those feelings re-appear to.

Her eyes were still rather angry. At least it was good that he was still Ezekiel and not some weak little thing. That was what she liked about Steady. He was strong and dominant. Ezekiel at least hadn't lost his fire. "I need to get used to the idea of you being alive. If you would leave it would make it so much easier," she spoke. "But this is your home and I wouldn't want to make you leave it," she stated, still surprisingly strict. "I will need some time. I guess you do too."
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Val remained surprisingly silent for the duration of his story. The sudden fire inside him seemed to have finally gotten her attention. She listened to him, and seemed almost thoughtful. Ezekiel stood there, his eyes narrowed as the anger and frustration inside still boiled, but slowly he calmed. It felt amazing to get all that out there. He felt no guilt for yelling at her, he actually felt good. He allowed his muscles to relax, but his posture didn't lose its power. He knew she was alpha now, but ranking didn't seem to matter at the moment. This was a personal matter.

He waited then, patiently for her response, his stone grey pelt rising and falling with every deep breath he took. When finally she did speak, she didn't sound necessarily angry- in fact her words were reasonable. He gave her his full attention, his ears perked on his head. When she finished he nodded. They needed time, both of them. He started to turn back towards Krypton's den, he wanted to rest now, but before he started walking he turned and glanced back at her. I said I loved you once, that was a lie. I haven't stopped loving you Val. He didn't wait for her to respond before he started walking, his sturdy frame slowly became a shadow in the brush.

That thread was super fun! Tell me when you want another and I'll be there <3
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Ezekiel didn't want to talk anymore it seemed, yet his reply stunned her. On the one hand, she wasn't surprised but on the other she was. And how was that going to tie in with her and Steady. Could Ezekiel accept that Steady would breed her once she would go in heat? Only time would tell.

Valette was glad for the breathing pause. She walked away too, knowing that they needed perhaps another talk. Valette also needed time to think about it all. Would she tell Steady Ezekiel was still in love with her?

- end-