Stone Circle things
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 
Nikai was looking forward to meet some of the newer pack members. He also hoped he'd run into @Ezekiel and @Krypton soon so that he could congratulate them with their promotions. Nikai was glad that Valette seemed to be doing much better since Steady's death and that the pack was flourishing since a few new members had come. He hadn't seen Keoni in a few days and reminded himself as he wandered the borders that he must talk to her soon.

His paws were still itching, but Nikai kept it under control by exploring for the pack and patrolling the borders and surroundings of Easthollow often. He was presently patrolling the borders and occasionally he stopped to roll and rub his scent on the floor.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette came across her son's scent when she was heading her way to look at the herds. She followed his scent to the borders. She knew that Zeke didn't like her close to the borders but she didn't feel like he could tell her what to do. Plus, ever since the encounter with Howl she had stayed away from the edge of their territory.

The female had important news after all! When she saw her son she greeted him with a woof. "Nikai!," she spoke and trotted forward. She still had to get used to her belly feeling different in a trot. Her tail wagged and she greeted him. She wanted to tell him the good news. "I have something to share with you. Good news," she smiled. She looked happier.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel was on one of his everyday patrols when he caught a scent that he hoped he wouldn't at the borders. Valette? What was she doing so close to here? Since she was pregnant, she shouldn't be out here, especially not with some evil wolf who was attacking and killing on the loose. Ezekiel changed his direction and started following her. When he came to find her, she was talking to her adopted son Nikai, and she seemed very happy. Ezekiel trotted over to them and greeted them with a light bark.

He figured that the news that Valette was going to share with the boy was that she had pups on the way! This would be the first verbal confirmation that he would hear about this, even though he was pretty sure of it already. To think that his pups were floating around in Valette, getting ready to be birthed, it made him very happy. He didn't say anything, he just gave Val a friendly smile and stood at her side.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
When he saw Valette approach, Nikai wagged his tail. He nuzzled the underside of Valette's chin when she reached him. It didn't go unnoticed that his mother was absolutely aglow and looked probably the happiest he'd ever seen her. He wondered if he should ask her if she'd seen Keoni, but then decided he'd ask her later, since she looked so happy now and might go worrying if he asked.

Just as Nikai opened his mouth to ask what kind of news she had Ezekiel appeared. Nikai smiled at him and said, "Congratulations! I'm sure you'll make a great Beta." Then he turned back to Valette, waiting to hear her news.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette eagerly wanted to tell her son, but when she was about to Ezekiel showed up. She wasn't sure why but she didn't want him to satisfaction of knowing yet. Valette already had some trouble with him being over protective and she had the feeling it would only grow worse if he knew she was carrying his young. Valette turned her head to glance at Ezekiel briefly. Sweet Nikai instantly congratulated the male.

Valette let out a soft sigh, Ezekiel wasn't a bad person. He just tried to do it right. Yet, if he would display over protectiveness again Valette would make sure to tell him to his face that that behavior wasn't wanted. She might be their queen and ruler but she didn't want him to obsess about her life. She cleared her throat, looking at Nikai. "You are going to be a big brother!," she announced. "I'm pregnant." She couldn't help but smile at her son, hoping he would like it. There, now Ezekiel knew too.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Valette didn't seem too ecstatic with Ezekiel's arrival which caused the young man to wonder what he'd done wrong. Maybe she didn't like his over protectiveness, and simply didn't want him hovering like he was. She had protested it before, so he wouldn't be surprised. He would try to worry less about her, but being a guardian was in his nature and he did love her. She was the most important wolf in his world, and he could not lose her. But he needed to understand that he could lose her all the same by pushing her away.

He glanced away from her, he was unsure why but he felt guilty. They storm grey male looked up at the sound of Nikai's voice, and a slight smile came to Zeke's face. Thank you. I will do my best. He said, with a light rumble in his voice. Not long after that, Valette spilled the beans. I'm pregnant. She said; those were the words that Ezekiel had hoped to hear ever since the day that (he thought) she hinted at it. He turned to face her fully now, feeling overwhelmed with a joy that maybe would've been Steady's if he were still alive. 

Valette that's amazing! You're going to be the best mother. He said, a smile on his face.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai looked surprised at first when Valette shared her big news. He hadn't seen it coming at all. Then after the surprise passed his tail started to wag and he happily approached to nuzzle the underside of his mother's chin with a happy yip. "Congratulations!" Nikai found himself suddenly wondering how puppies were even made, but he didn't feel this might be the right time to ask. Maybe later, or maybe it'd come up naturally in the conversation.

Ezekiel seemed equally pleased with the news, and why wouldn't he be? Nikai was glad the pack was flourishing, though he still felt torn between Easthollow and Northstar Vale.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noticed how excited Ezekiel seemed to be. It softened her a little bit on the one side, however, it also made her worried that Ezekiel wanted to do too much. Valette wanted to do most of it. She was glad that Nikai was pleased too and returned some of the licks.

"I'm really happy about it too," she grinned and wagged her tail. She nodded briefly at Ezekiel. "Thank you. I don't think I will be the best but I will try," she spoke. The female was mostly grateful that Zeke wasn't telling Nikai that he was the father. She liked to think that they were Steady's pups, but she kept being reminded they were not his. They were Ezekiel's young.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel loved to see Valette and her other son together, he hoped that maybe he could have a bond with his children the way she did with Nikai. But he didn't know yet of Valette's plans with them. This whole time he'd been getting prepared to be a father, he had no idea that she was going to deny him the chance. His ignorance kept him happy, but once they were born he would realize that he was only a pawn used to get what Val wanted. Until then, he would be ecstatic, and worried, and everything else that came with expecting parenthood.

Val thanked Zeke for saying what he said, and he smiled. I don't know about that. You're practically the best at everything already. Except fighting and protecting yourself. Ezekiel thought, which reminded him that he was hoping to give her fighting lessons soon. He then turned to Nikai, his tail wagging joyfully. So Nikai, how do you feel about being a big bro? He said, acting very dad like. He was practicing you see.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai thought that Valette would be fine at being a mother. She'd practically raised him and Keoni, after all, when their mother had died. "You'll do fine," he agreed with Ezekiel with a confident smile. Her doubts were nothing but silly insecurities, and once the pups were here surely she'd be just fine. Ezekiel then asked him about being a big brother, and Nikai felt kind of guilty he'd considered leaving Easthollow at all. Maybe not now. Later, then. "It's exciting," he admitted. "I'm looking forward to meeting my little sibs!"

He then wondered after a short pause, in which he considered whether he wanted to share this with Ezekiel too or if he should keep it to Valette's ears only: "How do pups work? I mean — how do you get them, and stuff? Do you just decide to? Can guys have pups too?" Somehow it felt a little awkward talking about these things. Nikai wasn't easily embarrassed or ashamed about anything but even he felt a bit weird asking about this.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette wagged her tail. Everything went well so far until Nikai asked about pups and how they were created. Valette glanced at Zeke for a moment. This was not her first rodeo. She also had to explain to her own sister where pups come from. She smiled at Nikai. "Well, I guess I should talk to you about that huh?," she spoke. She wasn't that embarrassed. She knew better. It was natural to do. She mostly didn't want it to be awkward for Nikai.

"Only females can have pups," she explained. She sat down, her belly being far more round than it was before. "They grow in a female's belly, see?," she spoke and pointed her muzzle down so he could see her belly. The fur with thinning out and teats were starting to swell to life too. "It only works when a female is in heat. She will smell really good to you," she glanced at Ezekiel if he might want to add some things himself or if he was going to listen as well.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Nikai seemed very excited to meet his baby siblings, just as excited as Zeke to meet his children. Who would they be, he wondered? What would they look like, how would they act. There were so many questions he had that would only be answered through time. Good, cause I'm sure you're gonna be a great big brother. Zeke replied, a low hum in his voice. Then Nikai posed his own question, one Ezekiel had not expected. Had this boy not been taught this? Ezekiel's mother had told him about this when he was very young, to get it out of the way. But he supposed everyone learned things at different points in their lives, if ever at all.

Valette didn't seem to find the subject awkward, and for that Ezekiel was grateful.  She started very quickly, and even used herself as an example. When she turned to Zeke to see if he had anything to add, his eyes widened. He didn't know what to say! Umm yeah. So you probably smelled Val when she was in heat earlier? She smelled different to you maybe? He asked, stumbling over his words a bit.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai listened and nodded as his mother explained. He looked a little disappointed to find out that males couldn't have pups but maybe that's why they often teamed up with girls, Nikai thought, like Valette and Steady, so they still had someone who could make pups.

Ezekiel chipped in referring to Valette smelling nice, but Nikai didn't remember it at all, either because she wasn't interesting to him, because he wasn't mature enough yet, or because he had been out travelling. Nikai wasn't sure which was the reason but he shook his head to answer the question. "I don't remember that." He wondered what the heat moment meant, what it did. "So what happens next?"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's gaze stayed on Zeke. He didn't add anything useful. He only referred to her heat. She was not sure if she wanted Nikai to smell her when she was in such a state. It felt improper even though they weren't really related. Nikai was curious what happened next. Valette couldn't blame him. "Well, when a female smells very attracting it means she is ready to have pups. The male will mount the female. Other animals do it to. Like rabbits or deer. One will be on the female's back and well... breed... move their hips?"

Valette was not an expert at explaining herself but she would try to explain it well to Nikai. "When it feels extra good usually you succeeded. When you did do it right males often get stuck in the female. So it is super normal, so don't worry about it. It is important you don't move or tug because it can hurt the female," she spoke, as she did know about that. "That is mostly it. I think when the time comes you can just listen to instinct?" Valette looked at Zeke again, not sure if he would have something useful to add this time, but she felt he was more knowledgeable on the whole male perspective of things. "Perhaps Zeke can tell you about his first time, or something?" She didn't realize that she made a fatal error, as she wasn't aware it was Zeke's first time with her.

please correct me if i am wrong but it was zeke's first time with val right? xD
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Nikai said he didn't remember Valette smelling different, which made Ezekiel's contribution to the conversation seem even less relevant. He really needed to work on his, 'giving he talk' skills. He listened to how Valette was doing it, so easily. He tried to learn as much as he could, but he knew he wouldn't be nearly as good at it as she was. Boy was he glad that she was the mother of his pups, because he needed someone with her experience to help him. She looked to him again for confirmation, and he paused.

After a moment of comprehending what she'd even asked him, he nodded. Yeah it's definitely instinct. It may not make sense now, but your body will definitely know what to do when it's time. He said, hoping that was a good addition. Then Val asked if Zeke could talk about his first time. Shit. What was he supposed to do? He wasn't about to talk about sex with Val to Val's son! He wasn't 100% sure, but he was at least 99% that that was a no no. His pale blue eyes widened as she looked at him, and he gave her a look that simply said, Dude what?!!?

lol yes this is so funny Zeke is freaking now xD
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai nodded again as they explained everything to him. He wondered if he was supposed to do these things too because he certainly remembered his body reacting when he had first met the beautiful triplets across the valley, and he longed to see them again. The most confusing part was that he wasn't sure which one he liked, or rather, he liked all three of them rather than just one wolf. Maybe that would fall into place at some point though. And did that mean he had to move and settle down? Maybe he should take his distance if liking them meant he should have pups with them.

Ezekiel seemed embarrassed by Valette's question so Nikai quickly intervened, "You don't have to tell if you don't want to. Actually, I have another question. I mean, sort of, uhm... I met these girls — I mean, this girl that I really liked. Does that mean I should want to have pups with her 'cause my body's telling me I like her more than other girls?" He decided to just keep it simple and not mention all three of them. They didn't need the details to answer his question, anyway.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Apparently, her suggestion wasn't taken well by Zeke. He looked shocked. Valette let her ears fall back, unaware that it had been such a strange request. She didn't realize he would be offended by it. She would gladly tell about her first time with Steady, as Grayday already walked into them anyhow. Valette cast a confused glance at Zeke before turning her attention to Nikai's new question. She nodded to indicate she was listening.

Valette chuckled softly. "No, not at all. You can only start to make pups from a certain age, and she would need to smell extra nice. But it can that you like her more than other girls. Usually, you have pups with your mate, like me and your father," she spoke and then realized her error. "I mean, how I was with your father before he died," she corrected then. "So this girl could just be your girlfriend, and become close with her. Go on dates or catch her a nice meal. Things like that. She is welcome here anytime. I would love to meet her."
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel felt even more embarrassed when Nikai noticed him floundering. He was embarrassed but also grateful that they could move on from this topic. It may not have been Valette's first time, but it was Zeke's. A chance or reason to mate had never come up in his life before, and once he'd met Val he was sure she was the only one he would want to do it with. Nikai mentioned some girls, no one girl, that he liked, and made another question of it. Once again Valette did the answering, but something she said bugged Ezekiel a little.

Usually you have pups with your mate, like me and your father, she said, as if Steady was the father of the coming pups. Perhaps Val just wanted him to be, which Ezekiel understood, but Ezekiel was the father. Ezekiel wanted to be the father. Would the alpha not acknowledge that, even for a moment? She corrected her sip up, but still did not mention that Ezekiel was the actual father. She moved on to talk about this girl Nikai mentioned, but Zeke still dwelled on the previous part.

Put out by this entire conversation, the Beta male backed up a little. I think Val has this talk under control, but if you do have any guy questions, you can always come to me Nikai. I'm going to go finish my patrol. He gave them both respectful nods and turned to leave so that they could finish on their own. 

exit Zeke here :)
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai nodded as Valette answered his question, glad that she was ready to answer his questions. Nikai looked surprised when Valette mentioned that she'd had pups with Steady, since he was dead, but she corrected herself and that made more sense. It made Nikai wonder who the father was, though he didn't connect any of the dots in the conversation. He did notice that Ezekiel seemed a bit uncomfortable, but Nikai understood. The subject was kind of weird for him too, and it was only Valette's calmness about it that made him feel completely at ease. "See you later," Nikai said with a soft smile before turning his attention back to his mother.

"Thanks! I hope I'll see her again soon and I can invite her over then." Nikai hoped that she'd like to visit Easthollow, even though it was a bit of a journey from where she lived. "So, uhm... If Steady's not the father of the pups, who is? Do you have a new mate?" It was clear from his voice that he was a little uncomfortable, feeling he was treading on some private subjects here, but Nikai really wanted to know the answers.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded a goodbye to Zeke as well. She hoped that she hadn't offended him too much. She just saw it as a suggestion. She shot him an apologetic glance just before he left. Valette decided to lie down as Nikai had more questions. She was feeling a bit tired but ready to give her son all her attention in the world. Her ears perked up as he spoke. "I'd love to meet her Nikai. She is always welcome here, just make sure to call me first, alright?," she offered. She didn't want a stranger crossing the borders if she was close to delivering.

Valette's ears fell to the side. She hoped that Nikai wouldn't answer that question. "I do not have a new mate. The father of the pups is Ezekiel," she then admitted. She wished she was a good liar and could just say that they were Steady's but she wasn't like that. "I promised Steady that we would have pups and I wanted children of my own quite badly. My heat came only after Steady passed away. If I was going to have pups I didn't want them to be from a random stranger I don't know. So... I asked Ezekiel if he would father them. He agreed," she explained. However, as she did explain she looked a bit guilty and conflicted at the same time.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai was glad that Valette was so positive towards his crush, and he was looking forward to seeing her again. Maybe he could invite her on over sometime soon. "Thanks," Nikai said with a soft smile. "I'll ask her to come some time!" He truthfully thought all of the girls were pretty — all three — but he had remembered Alya the most prominently because she had been at the front lines and had spoken to him first.

Valette went on to explain that the father of her pups-to-be was Ezekiel, and he looked surprised. He wondered why they hadn't told him earlier, but maybe it wasn't something that Valette wanted everyone to know considering she only told him now that he had asked. "Oh," said Nikai while he tried to piece the news together and give it a place. "So... You're not going to be mates with Ezekiel, even though you are having pups together?" It seemed not to make sense after everything that they had explained to him, but he supposed there were good reasons if this was the case.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette winced lightly to herself at the direct questions Nikai was asking. Yet, the female wouldn't hide things from him. She wanted him to know the truth. He was her son after all. "I don't know. Maybe we will one day," she spoke thoughtfully. She looked away as she paused for a moment. "Ezekiel and I were together before," she admitted then to Nikai. "Or we sort of were. I had a crush on him and he had a crush on me. We sort of admitted it to each other. Together we went to scout for new pack lands as the pack's ranger. It was a mission from Steady," she explained.

"Ezekiel went with me as he wanted to spend time with me, and well, I wanted to spend time with him too. We came to this valley and we decided to split up to see more suitable areas. We would see each other again a few days later in Wapun Meadow. However, Ezekiel never returned to me," she spoke, still sounding hurt by it. "I waited for him for days but no Ezekiel. I had to return to Steady and we moved here. Our first month at Easthollow I went to Wapun every day to wait for him. I was starting to think Ezekiel was dead. My heart was broken," she spoke softly, looking quite vulnerable. Nikai didn't know her whole abandonment issue.

"Then you came with your sister and healed my heart a bit. I also grew close to Steady as his mate also left him. I fell for Steady badly and I loved him dearly. Then just before he died Ezekiel returned. My past love while I was currently in love with someone else," she spoke with a sigh. "Then Steady died, and now we are around here. Ezekiel and I are doing better friendship-wise and I do know that it was beyond his fault that he stayed away so long, but still, I mourn for Steady. I would still be with him if he was alive. So maybe in the future when my heart is healed again I am open to take Ezekiel as my mate. Sometimes love and crushes can be complicated," she admitted to her son and offered a hint of a smile. "Quite the story huh?"
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai hadn't really expected the large story that followed. He'd expected the answers to be simple, like 'no', or 'yes'. He didn't realise that they had such a rich and long history, although he had noticed when Ezekiel came into the pack that he was treated as more than just another new wolf, that he had known others of the pack before. Yet Nikai hadn't expected it would be like this; that Valette had almost been with Ezekiel instead of Steady, had things been different. It was weird how things could go, he thought.

"That's..." He was silent for a little bit while he tried to piece things together. "... A lot of history. I guess time will tell what will be or won't be." Nikai smiled softly at his mother while he considered it might not have been the best idea for the pair of them to mate if they had previously been in love with each other. But he refrained from commenting, feeling that it seemed berating to tell his own mother and Alpha of the pack what was smart or not, and anyway, it wasn't like they could change anything about the situation now even if he would tell her.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette flushed a bit. "Um yeah. Sorry," she admitted to her son. Perhaps the whole story wasn't that relevant to him after all? She just wanted to share it with him. She didn't want to be closed off to him. She offered him a smile and wagged her tail. "Exactly," she agreed with her son. She smiled at him. "I am glad to have you here, Nikai," she spoke.

The female knew that Keoni was also around somewhere. After her first travels, she was never the same again. She seemed withdrawn and a recluse. Valette let out a soft sigh and then focussed her attention back on Nikai. "How are your trades doing?," she then asked out of curiousity.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai smiled as Valette mentioned she was glad to have him here. Lately his mind had dwelled on what could be, on the great outdoors and on where he wished his paws would carry him. But this place was home and he knew he should stay here for now to make sure that Valette would do well.

She asked after his trades and he smiled slightly as he said, "I've been exploring a lot for scout, and I'm looking to become a councillor too. I'd like to help the pack relax and advice them when they need it." He was still a bit unsure at times how he could help the pack, knowing that he was young and inexperienced, but Nikai was sure time would help him along. "I think I'm doing well making the first steps towards both of those. It's sometimes hard to advice others because I'm still so young, but I do my best to help where I can."