Meadowlark Prairie Can't see the stars, but we're reaching
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra would have been sad to learn ramsay construed her correction coldy -- it was only natural to be indignant to correction, but she did not pick up the barely perceptible change in ramsay. she genuinely hoped whatever knowledge she imparted here would stay with him - he wasn't a hopeless case, but his upbringing and environment caused indra some emotional distress. she would have died if she were born here, surely. certainly his mold was of a different extract than her own -- and certainly, the individuals here and his experiences here would shape him into something very different than the cloth indra was cut from.

his answers came honestly enough, but his quip caused a small frown in indra. she didn't know what being dead entailed, and she didn't like to entertain such morbid thoughts. she met his smile with a brief one of her own but it lacked encouragement or depth. "i guess not." she admitted defeatedly, her gaze flickering to the dark forest and then to the valley.

"i should probably go." she said, casting a worried glance to the gloomy borders. she didn't know it, but she glanced right over cicero then -- who remained expertly hidden and undetected. "will you promise me something?" her gaze slid back to ramsay and there was an imploring intensity to them. "promise me that you won't forget this -- our encounter." she wriggled forward slowly, and if he would allow it, she would lick his forehead affectionately before turning around to leave. he could not help his surroundings, she thought. it was not his fault he was born here, or raised by monsters - and while she kept her judgment of his peers silent, she hoped that the evil within the forest would never corrupt him.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Ramsay - December 13, 2017, 08:55 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Indra - December 15, 2017, 08:27 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Ramsay - December 17, 2017, 01:12 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Indra - December 17, 2017, 08:51 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Cicero - December 19, 2017, 07:51 AM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Ramsay - December 22, 2017, 10:32 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Indra - December 26, 2017, 12:35 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Ramsay - January 01, 2018, 03:47 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Indra - January 01, 2018, 09:51 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Ramsay - January 03, 2018, 08:46 AM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Indra - January 04, 2018, 03:33 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Ramsay - January 04, 2018, 07:21 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Indra - January 04, 2018, 08:40 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Ramsay - January 06, 2018, 04:07 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Indra - January 06, 2018, 10:19 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Ramsay - January 13, 2018, 06:51 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Indra - January 20, 2018, 02:55 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Ramsay - January 21, 2018, 03:15 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Indra - January 27, 2018, 03:13 PM
RE: Can't see the stars, but we're reaching - by Ramsay - January 29, 2018, 10:58 AM