Stone Circle hold me tight or don't
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
The heavy cold had lifted for a few days now, the sky a thrilling blue. the snow was a shining expanse of white, where it wasn't churned up by paws and hooves, and the evergreens where startlingly verdant and glistening. Today, she reasoned; was as good a day as any. 

She howled for @Valette, sitting serenely by the borders. She had not left them, except to visit the surrounding territories, for months. But now that familiar and dangerous wanderlust trickled into her limbs, and the urge to visit Sunny and his pack. She missed his presence more than she thought she would,  and wondered how he fared in his new home. Besides, she was tired now, of being confined by fear and worry.
 Caregiver 4/5
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette heard a familiar howl while she was just about to pounce on a hare. The alpha female's teeth gripped down on the hare and killed it. The serene snow was covered in red and the blanket was disrupted. Valette then made her way to the borders. She knew it was Keoni that howled for her. Valette knew that ever since she didn't talk anymore she was more in the background or helping her with watching the pups.

Valette approached her with the meal between her jaws. The meal was technically for the caches or for her children. Valette decided that Keoni was still her child and would always be her child. She placed the meal by her feet. "For you," she hummed and then greeted her daughter. She felt Keoni was as much of her daughter as Clary and Steph were. "Have you been feeling okay?," she asked, knowing that yes and no questions usually worked.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
Her mother arrived soon enough, meal clutched in her jaws. Keoni greeted her with ears pressed forward and a wagging tail, smiling gratefully as her mother presented her with the hare. She took it gladly, though a bit of guilt reminded her to leave some of it by the caches for another member unable to hunt on their own. 

But she was hungry, and ripped open the catch neatly to sate the dull pain in her stomach, savoring in the warmth of the prey, already tired of having to gnaw through frozen flesh. She dipped her head sincerely at her mother's question, smile playing at her muzzle. With her interest in herbs coming together, and Cebra teaching her to fight, things were looking up for the often reclusive female. But still, she meant to ask her mother about the trip she planned, and she paused a moment before motioning beyond their borders, mouthing carefully, Morningside. She wanted to see Sunny again, she'd decided, and another idea had come to find; perhaps there would be a healer in their ranks, one who could teach her more than what she'd gleaned from Krypton and others, someone who could make her more useful to the pack.
 Caregiver 4/5
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was pleased to see her daughter eat her meal. Valette still considered herself Keoni's mother even though she was an adult now. She watched her with a motherly worry for a moment. Valette watched her motion to go from the borders. From her lips, she could tell she wanted to go to Morningside. "Keoni, there is a way on the other side of the mountains," she spoke worriedly. "But if you must go then I won't stop you. I know Morningside treats you well. Would it be too much trouble to travel through Northstar Vale? I don't like you close to Blackfeather," she admitted.

As a mother, she worried about her daughter. And Keoni, as enthusiastic as she was before, she had come back mute from one of her travels. "I will miss you. Don't be gone for too long alright?," she spoke.