Bearclaw Valley and that was my fault, to not know how far down the hole i had fallen
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra couldn't share blondine's world-view: not now when everything she had come to witness of the world had been upended. for so long she had wanted to believe that life served a purpose -- that the good you made of the world would come back to hold you. she no longer believed this. not even if blondine was here to nuture or protect her. what good was being good, if bad men could still hurt you?

as if some idol had come crashing down, indra was left helmless -- a ship without captain and a hull without soul. she looked at the ground and hate stung her eyes with tears. it didn't matter what blondine said -- she didn't believe it. everyone sucked. everyone. her temples were pounding with overwhelming emotion and a sickness churned her belly. what made ithrik not raised right? what made reek incapable of fidelity, or men incapable of love? what quantified as their sickness?

she nearly threw up in the snow - a wave of hot bile pressed her throat. "because they suck." she repeated quietly.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and that was my fault, to not know how far down the hole i had fallen - by Indra - January 30, 2018, 11:04 PM