Mount Apikuni just like magic, i'll be flying free
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The boy prepared to deny it as he had with Lennon-- but then he met Xahi's enchanting green gaze and sighed.
No, but I will be. That was the whole truth; he hadn't lied to his love, but he had left out the part where he didn't feel okay. Sometimes, he really didn't. But he knew he would get over it, and it wasn't worth worrying Lennon.
What he didn't quite understand yet was why it was different with Xahi. He didn't quite want to spill everything to her just yet, but he knew if she asked him questions he would answer. Ali usually ran from these things; these uncomfortable situations, in which he did not want to participate at all but felt obligated to. That sense of obligation never won out against his cowardice. Well, not until recently, anyway.
Still, he couldn't claim this was some act of bravery-- the boy felt comfortable with the green-eyed sylph. He did not struggle so much with his usual fears, though nothing could truly quell them. Since their last conversation, since he had made peace with the mutual attraction she shared with Lennon, he was seeing her as more of a friend. And now her gentle gaze assured him of many things at once; she was a friend, she cared, and he would not be forgotten amidst her own feelings for Lennon.
Though he had initially feared losing his love, he found the idea of losing a possible friend to such a thing just as biting. It gave him peace to know that this would not be the case, not now. He touched his nose to her neck briefly, the contact feather-light, and took comfort in her presence. Though he could bring forth no more words for the moment, he gazed at her fondly, eyes still shining with raw emotion.
Messages In This Thread
just like magic, i'll be flying free - by Alarian - January 28, 2018, 03:45 PM
RE: just like magic, i'll be flying free - by Xahi - January 28, 2018, 10:33 PM
RE: just like magic, i'll be flying free - by Alarian - January 28, 2018, 10:40 PM
RE: just like magic, i'll be flying free - by Xahi - January 30, 2018, 02:00 PM
RE: just like magic, i'll be flying free - by Alarian - February 03, 2018, 01:46 AM
RE: just like magic, i'll be flying free - by Xahi - February 03, 2018, 02:16 AM
RE: just like magic, i'll be flying free - by Alarian - March 07, 2018, 01:40 AM