Stone Circle Aloha kakou!
16 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Joining 

The island beauty trailed across the Teekon valley, eyes filled with unmatched curiosity. This land was so different than her beachy home, but she held no complaints. It was her choice to explore the world available to her paw steps, and she would not take this decision for gratitude. The musky scent of a pack was potent, her nose bathing in the sea of unfamiliar smells. She stood at the border, tail shifting back and forth like a slow-paced metronome. Tick...tick...tick! In truth, the kaikamahine was simply too excited to call out for whoever lingered within the border. Noelani had yet to meet any foreign packs, and her nerves were buzzing with anticipation. She did a short, anxiety-inducing dance with her feet bouncing on the snow floor. For a brief moment, she was distracted by bold imprints left behind with each step, she'd never seen so much snow before she went up north!

Pulling her mind out of distraction, she returned to the task at hand. Lani cleared her throat, wanting her call to be perfectly loud and ear-catching. Lifting her sandy muzzle in the air, a smooth and sweet howl resonated from her lips, stretching across the hollow. Then, the worst part, she waited. Only seconds after was she growing impatient. Sitting, then standing, then sitting, then turning around, then sitting. Her eagerness often took control, and she just couldn't be still with such an exciting next-step coming up in her life.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette didn't know the one that howled for leadership had been so eager otherwise she made some more haste behind it. The female was trying to pick up her life the best she could. The female took great support from Stark and felt much better. But even his comfort couldn't stop the mother from mourning over the loss of her child. Valette did like to focus on her tasks so this was only good. As she reached the border her hazel green eyes fell on another female.

The alpha female trotted up to the other with her tail raised just to indicate that she was leadership. Valette wasn't too dominant only when needed to be. The female seemed very excited. "Hello, I'm Valette. I lead Easthollow. You called for me?," she spoke, giving the other an opening to introduce herself. Easthollow might be protective of their own that didn't mean that they were borderline unfriendly when meeting strangers. Valette greeted them often with a nice tone. If they were disrespectful she would of course mirror that behavior.
16 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Her ears twitched at the sound of another wolf trailing close, picking up the scent of a stranger. The wolf's heart began to beat as fast as a bird's, bubbling with excitement. When the unknown creature was finally in sight, she stared with utter fascination. Dark pelted wolves weren't common where she was from, and it was quite a beautiful trait on the already pretty wolf. So caught up in her eagerness, she had forgotten to adjust her posture. Once the realization hit, it was obvious with her shocked expression. Lowering herself to give the assuming alpha her status of dominance. "Aloha kakou!She greeted, it going over her head that she was the foreign wolf, and such a greeting wasn't common. 

Easthollow. What nice name, she thought. "I'm Noelani," She gave Valette a hopeful smile, her eyes searching for approval from the leader. "Hauʻoli- Pleasure to meet you," The girl gave a simple nod, fixing her greeting halfway when realizing the different customs. "I did! I was hoping to join this lovely abode of yours." Her grin was unceasing, admiring the snowy world around her with complete awe.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette stepped closer to the excited female. The alpha was not used to be met with such excitement. Normally it was submissiveness or nervous wolves. This female seemed very upset. She remembered her position though and changed it to a more submissive one. Valette liked that she remembered, it meant that she had manners. The alpha female hadn't seen her as a threat to her dominance though. It was probably because of the female's excitement levels. It made Valette think of the female as perhaps younger than she actually was.

She started with some weird words, and for a moment, Valette was worried that the female didn't speak the same verbal language as her. "Likewise," Valette spoke calmly. Compared to the female Valette seemed rather calm, it came with her position as a leader that she behaved more this way. Only around her children, the female was perhaps more bouncy like this female. "Ah, I see. Well, we do have some spots left. If you would join our ranks what kind of tasks would you like to do?," she asked curiously.
16 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
The interview seemed to be going well - Valette showed no sign of unwelcome or refusal into the pack. The question had been anticipated, and she was quick to respond. ”I plan to become a therapist,” despite the childish energy with their first meeting, Noelani wasn’t as bubbly constantly. This was her first time out in the new world, first time meeting a new pack, it was all so overwhelmingly exciting. Underneath this eagerness, was a wisdom, specifically within Huna. ”I’m also a very good storyteller - oh, and I adore young ones, like a coach!” She explained, hoping her interests would be adequate for Easthollow.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded when the female spoke about wanting to be a therapist. The female seemed kind and excitable. Something that would fit in his pack. A quick glance at the female it made Valette wonder if she would be a nice friend to Nikai. "Well, we do have some young ones," Valette spoke. "But, you probably won't be alone with them in the beginning," Valette admitted. She was not sorry for it. She would protect her pups with her life and she was not going to let anyone just be really close her precious children.

"What is your background? Are you coming from a pack life? Why are you in need of a pack?," Valette then wondered. These were usually interesting questions to ask, perhaps a bit personal but still.
16 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Noelani nodded in understanding if she were to have pups a stranger wouldn't be welcome to watch them alone either. The following questions made her eyes become alight with fire, she adored to talk about her home. "I come from the pack of Mauivery different from here. I've left to see the world beyond the sands and have come across this delightful home. I hope to spread the word of Huna, and am in need of a new long-term abode." The girl had no hesitation in her answer since she'd been practicing for this interview ever since she left her home. Her response was well thought over, despite it seeming so mediocre.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Sorry for the wait!!

Valette slowly nodded. She didn't know this pack at all. It was probably not in Teekon. It sounded like she was close to them, so to Valette that seemed like she could fit in theirs. She wondered how different it was, perhaps she could ask that the female another time. "I see. I don't know what Huna means but you are welcome to explain it to me," Valette spoke with a nod. This last winter she learned about Nyx being the longest night and she thought that was a very nice tradition.

"I'd say welcome to Easthollow, Noelani," Valette spoke with a dip of her muzzle. "We are a family based pack so the longer you say the more you become part of our family," she added. "I will show you around."

We can fade it here, or continue! I am fine with both! :D
16 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
No worries! I'd love to continue a little bit longer if you can :)

The invitation to talk about her pack's belief's enlivened the girl even more so than before. Her grin was unable to be hidden - not that she'd want to - and shone brightly like the sun against the Maui mountains. "Huna is an ancient teaching about empowerment, about increasing your spirituality and channeling energy to use in the most beneficial ways." As her new alpha continued her eyes sparkled like the shimmering blue sea. Believing that her spirituality attracted herself to this new home. Simply a coincidence was far too simple an explanation for something so close to impossible. 

She was lead here and she couldn't have been more elated. A family orientated home for a family orientated girl. Noelani followed her new leader with joy, her steps bounced like a dance. "I'm truly honored to be accepted, mahalo." The pale vixen nodded her head with thanks.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
I'd love that! They can bond more! Tag for visibility!!

Valette walked over the borders with the new female. She howled to @Nanook that they had a new recruit, and also for the other members so they wouldn't think of her as an intruder. Usually, they didn't but just in case. Valette realized that the pack was getting pretty full. Who knew that the pack would thrive under her leadership! The female started to explain about her precious pack's beliefs. It sounded very vague. "I'm not sure that I know what spirituality is," she admitted.

"You are welcome. Hopefully, you feel at home in our pack." Valette trotted to Stone Circle. Now it was her turn to tell more about the pack. "This is Stone Circle. These stones were here when we found the territory. This is our central meeting space. See the tallest stone? That is Steady's Stone. Steady was my mate and the other alpha. Other wolves of our family are buried in the middle of the circle. This circle is quite sacred to us with the idea that the ones that passed are still with us when we have important meetings,' she spoke with a nod.

"Plus you can watch the herds out on the plains very well from here, so it also provides us with knowledge," she spoke with a firm nod. Valette liked that she could talk better about Steady's death now. She still missed him but luckily there wasn't any ugly sobbing anymore while talking about him.