Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Private 
@Stark ghehe

Valette was a bit surprised when that familiar feeling of heat came over her. Last year she had been agitated and irritated the week before. Yet, this year she hadn't felt much agitation. Perhaps it was because she didn't have something to be agitated about? She had felt more emotional, especially when Nikai left.

Though now, Nikai was the last thing on her mind. Valette wanted to find Stark. She noticed that her scent was changing as well. Slowly, it was not as prominent yet. But that didn't mean she felt the need for Stark any less. She restlessly started looking for him. The female sounded a howl to directly, and very needily, summon her mate.

Valette realized that she had promised Stark that they wouldn't have pups this year. Or at least, not if he wasn't ready for it. Though quite selfishly the female kind of wanted to disregard that promise. It was no secret that she wanted more children and in her mind, Stark would be a perfect father. So basically nothing could go wrong. Not like last time.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
If he'd planned for it, he wouldn't have left. He would have been glued to Valette - no way to tell who's dark fur was whose. The moment that he had returned from the Valley he'd caught the faintest hint of her scent and let out a low rumble of a growl. Her near frantic call only made his posture stiffen more, the Beta beyond ready to claim his rights - not only to his mate, but, to their future. 

He set off after the Alpha female, tail curled and fur bristled with a clear look that promised no contest - he would put anyone down who tried to get in his way. Once he'd finally honed in on the newest trail he let out a howl of his own to answer Valette's and call her from her search.
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had been restlessly roaming until she finally heard his howl. She instantly made a u-turn and galloped into the direction of the howl. She let out happy whines when she saw the male. She wagged her tail profusely which only made the scent worse. Though, Stark probably wouldn't mind that. Valette showered his muzzle with little licks. She was so excited that she almost peed a little.

"There you are!," she whined and rubbed her face against his chest. She had been looking for him. Obviously, there was something she needed his help with. Val hummed now he was close to her. She felt instantly safer. She knew Stark was hesitant about pups but she hoped that he changed his mind about it. "Please tell me that you changed your mind about having pups," she spoke. She was almost afraid that Stark had been hiding because he didn't want children yet.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Joining with permission.

Valette might have been oblivious to the changes that had been taking place, but Birk, who had let himself be enticed by a mysterious forest nymph a moon and a half ago, had recognized the signs. Not in her, but for his own growing restlesness around the leader and his almost feverish desire to stay in the vicinity of her. It was not love, more like a passion that had started out as a small glow and with the days passing turning into a fire. And the fact that she had chosen another man to stand by her side this year, only fuelled his desire to prove her choice wrong and claim the throne for himself.

He had been away for a day to clear his head and be reasonable, but coming face to face with the couple just threw any sensible ideas out of the window. Birk stopped a little distance way and shot a quick glance first in Valette's direction, then scrutinized shamelessly Stark's face. His body was rigid and his eyes darkened with all of the suppressed anger let loose and building up. There and then he decided that for his sake he would fight that man.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

Stark snorted at her comment and nuzzled against her, drawing her close so that he could nuzzle roughly against her skull and make sure she smelled like him. And only him. "I was trying to be sweet-." Stark crooned, nipping at the curve of her ear before she spoke again and made him pause. "I wanted to meet your family," Stark explained. "As much as it matters to me that you and Banner get along, I wanted to meet your brother and introduce myself before we go to announce our children." His eyes crinkled a bit mischievous then - an answer to her question. "I want you happy, Valette, and I promised you I'd give you the world. We'll figure it out, even if we aren't ready." And by we he meant himself of course because Valette had already proven she was capable of raising children perfectly. 

he was the one who'd screwed up. 

He couldn't linger too much on those thoughts because they definitely were enough to kill a boner and then there was Birk. The Beta shifted his posture immediately, tail arching high above his body as his body stiffened. His hackles raised as he snarled at the male, lip curling as he stalked forward enough to put himself between his mate and the other male. It was insulting enough that someone might suggest they were better than him but it was even worse that he was going to assume that Valette didn't know exactly what she wanted - which was Stark. "This is your only chance to leave before I chase you out." The dominant male hissed.

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nipped playfully in Stark's fur where she could. Though she stopped as he had done something so sweet. She wasn't that close with Xan as she liked to be but then again, the thought was extremely nice of Stark. She showered him with licks and made her tail wag. Her scent only becoming stronger now she was around the male. "I like that idea," she spoke. Though it was probably clear in body language that she liked what he did before verbally confirming it.

Valette wanted to respond to Stark's comment. If he wasn't ready then they shouldn't do it. Though her mind was rather fuzzy and didn't want to think to complicated about these things. However, she couldn't say anything not because her mind was fuzzy but Birk was right there. "Birk?," she frowned. "Did some-- ohh.." At the moment she wanted to ask if something happened, Birk being a guardian at their borders, she realized due to his body language that something else was amiss.

Valette then noticed the dominant display of Stark and couldn't help but feel a jolt of arousal shoot through her. It had probably to do with her heat, plus strong males would give her strong babies, right? Valette hummed, though a bit too late she realized that this could turn into a nasty fight. Oh no. She just wanted to have fun not have males fight over her, although, she couldn't deny that it was quite hot.

Valette will be in the background so feel free to skip me!!!! <3
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
This is your only chance to leave before I chase you out. Birk listened and in response to this a smirk appeared on his lips. Stark might have ascended the ranks, because Valette had taken him as his mate, but that did not mean he was automatically regarded as her equal. Far from it - he could not speak for other packmates, but he did not respect the dark-furred man. In Birk's eyes he had done nothing to prove his worth, his usefulness other than being smart enough to marry well. 

Therefore rather than backing off, he made bold steps forward, until he was standing face to face with Stark, his posture mirroring the other's and he growled as well. No matter, how the fight turned out, one thing was clear - this pack was too small to keep both of them.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
per player wishes, just summarizing the fight. The outcome was rolled for here and a sad follow up is here.

It wasn't entirely surprising that Birk didn't simply turn around and go the other way. Stark wouldn't have, had he been in anyone else's shoes, when it came to Valette. It wasn't just pecking order, although that came into a large part of things but it was also the status of Beta and the privileges that went with it. Stark wasn't willing to back down or compromise when it came right down to it. He'd called his own shots for too long and he was a natural protector. He'd earned his place. When the two males battled it out Stark felt almost sloppy - he was so fixated on Valette and keeping Birk away from her that the hits he landed weren't right, and he took a few himself that he could have avoided. 

They broke away from one another and Stark stared the other male down, breathing heavily with his tail arched high and proudly. He wasn't going to give in. There was no way. He absolutely refused. "I warned you." He grit out, tasting blood (his own? Birk's? He didn't know. He didn't care.) before he swallowed heavily and lunged again, crashing into the pale northerner with a near reckless abaddon. It came down to speed and a bit of Stark's carelessness. He knew he left the back of his neck open when he lunged instead for the side of Birk's; his hit didn't make it thanks to the male turning just in time. Instead Stark's powerful grip was on Birk's shoulder and the male clamped down, shaking his head before he heard a crunch. There was only a few moments after but it was all over with then - he knew it as he released and the satisfaction filled him. 

He'd won. 

He did chase the male out before returning to Valette, feeling the deep sting of his own muscles. He winced as he approached her, burying his snout in her dark fur. "I'll need a healer." He admitted, but then he didn't care. "Didn't scare you off, did I?" He asked, nosing along her scruff and gently grooming her. He could deal with his wounds later. 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was torn between trying to stop the fight and just watch the display between the two males. Only when the fight got more heated she stepped back. She didn't know how she could break up these males from fighting as they both seemed eager to prove their worth. Valette watched the scene but not quietly. Often she would bark to get their attention or try to make them stop. She didn't want both of them to get injured badly.

It seemed Stark was getting the upper hand. She heard a crunch and Valette watched as Stark chased Birk off. The female stood there for a moment, a bit at loss. Should she follow them? What if the fight continued somewhere else? That crunch didn't sound right. Valette wanted to follow but then Stark returned. She figured Stark chased Birk away not outside of the territory.

She instantly nosed over Stark. "Are you alright?," she asked. She nodded when Stark said he needed a healer. She instantly wanted to turn to fetch someone who could look at Stark. But then he wondered if he hadn't scared her away. "No. I was mostly worried. But your display of strength was rather sexy," she admitted and flushed a bit. Not sure if it was her heat or just that she admitted out loud that she thought Stark was very sexy. "We should fetch a healer. I can't have you die after a fight just like what happened with Steady," she pointed out.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

Stark was still panting, giving a shake of his pelt to try and calm himself. Later he'd roundup @Rhodes and @Banner and tell them to keep an eye out for Birk on the borders - but he didn't think the male would try to come back so quickly. He gave a nod when Valette mentioned getting him to a healer, gently licking her cheek to reassure her. "I'm not that bad off," Stark promised gently. "And I promise - I'd tell you if I was." He said with a small smile. "C'mon. Lets....let's get away from here for a bit." He didn't want to be there where his own blood had joined their packmates - even if it was for the sake of Valette. 

wanna fade it here into the next thread?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Yes please!

Valette eyed him skeptically. He might say so that he isn't far off but she wanted him to be checked up anyhow. She offered him a smile. "Okay... only if you get checked up after," she spoke, tentatively. Last time someone she loved was in a fight they died days later. Little did she know this fate would happen to Birk. Valette followed Stark to a different place, one where there wasn't any blood on the ground of their pack mates. With her heat, Valette was soon forgetting to check upon Birk. Selfishly she rather wanted to spend time with Stark at this moment. He was the winner so he would get his prize.

- end -