Stone Circle you know what they say about the young
if your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
All Welcome 
She's technically trespassing, soo...

They had travelled for another week after leaving the Moraine, but time felt irrelevant, now that they had reached the familiar stretch of meadow that Clary only knew as home. The giant pillars of Stone Circle stood tall at the height of the hill, and she took off with unbounded energy. The snap of her aunt's jaws breezed her heels, but the girl was too quick - the click echoed through the airy space the young ranger left well behind her.

Nanook's howl filled the meadow, a beckon for @Valette, but Clary charged ahead, well into the thick of familiar ground as she fell into the routes she knew better than even the turns of her heart. "Mooom!" she skipped along with her call, and didn't even fancy the thought she might be mistaken for an outsider. This was her land, her people, her heart, after all, and they would remember her, even though she had surely grown in stature since leaving the hollow a month ago. She continued her howls as Easthollow embraced her, her step ever quickening, and her chest feeling like it might burst with the excitement written all over her bouncy and lanky self. "@Steph! @Ezra!" She kicked herself up on her hind legs and swung her head back and forth with the loudest call she could give. "I'm hoooommme!"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette instantly lifted her head from where she was resting (probably resting against @Stark) as she seemed to be more tired lately. She hoped it was a good sign. The female jumped up at the howl with a sudden burst of energy. Nanook!!! Which would mean Clary was there as well. Without so much of a word, Valette dashed forward to the howl with excitement. She howled in returned that she was coming towards them. She didn't even think of them as trespassing either as Clary was her daughter and always welcome in their pack lands.

Valette found Clary first. The mother dashed towards her daughter while letting out a song of whines. She had to make an emergency brake to not crash into her. Valette's tail was going a mile a minute and started licking Clary all over. "You're back!! I'm so happy you are back!!!!!!," she beamed between her whines of excitement. "I heard Nanook as well," she let out and perked up her ears to look for her sister.
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Clary plopped back onto all fours and continued running, spurred by the familiar voice that reached her. She knew she'd missed her family, but didn't know how much until her mother's voice wrapped about her with a familiarity she panged to find. The young ranger could barely slow herself when she saw her mother's warm dark shape fabricate between the trees, and her heart leapt along with the joyful bounce of her paws.

"Mom!" she squealed again, and though her mother managed to stop herself short of colliding, it really didn't matter, because Clary flew into her mother's embrace with all her force.

"I'm so happy to be back! Gosh, you wouldn't believe how obsessed Aunt Nook is with rocks!" she giggled and whined between her own attempts to kiss her mother between the kisses she received. When Valette pulled away, presumably to look for her aunt, Clary simply grinned and skipped a few steps back. "Nook's here. By the borders. She said it was more proper to wait by the borders, but I knew it'd be okay to come in, so I did!" she paused then, remembering why else her aunt hadn't wanted to step past the borderline, and her mouth pressed with uncertainty before she decided she'd let her aunt deal with that bomb. Her smile returned and Clary dropped into a playful crouch. "Where's Steph and Ezra?" she asked with a glance back and forth, as if by saying their names they, too, would peel from the trees. "Nikai? Murdock?" Her tail continued to whip in happy arcs as she thought of each one in turn. "Gosh, I've missed you guys so much!!"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette chuckled when Clary was just as excited to see her mother. She laughed, even more, when Clary exclaimed how obsessed Nanook was with rocks. Valette decided to howl at her sister that it was fine for her to cross the borders. "You are always welcome here, Clary. Nanook is too," she spoke with a big grin on her face.

"I am sure they are on their way," she smiled. "But tell me!! How was it!? How did you like traveling?," she asked. She hoped that Clary at least had fun while traveling with Nanook even though her sister was probably a bit stricter than she was. Valette's smile fell a bit when she started about Nikai and Murdock. "Nikai went traveling as well, so he is away for a bit, like you," she explained. "Murdock... well. Murdock passed away. He was ill and lost the battle to sickness," Valette spoke softly.

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph's ears perked at the howl, happiness filing her entire being as she realized it was Clary. She was back! Steph quickly abandoned her search for prey and ran full speed towards where the howl came from. It didn't seemed like it was at the borders, so she didn't head directly there. She did pick up Valette's most recent scent, figuring she'd go to Clary, as well. 

Her sister came into view, and a quick chuff was the only warning Steph gave before barreling into her sister. Clary! she yelled excitedly, whines coming from her throat in happiness. I can't believe you're back! I've missed you so much! She had been lonely without Clary here, and she hoped she wouldn't be leaving again any time soon.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The usually calm and collected boy felt himself break at his aunt’s howl, his fragile emotions shattering into pieces as he let out a shaky breath. What a cruel joke the wind had played on him. But it was no joke, and not moments after the first call went up did a second follow. Clary. He stood starstruck, disbelief and astonishment swirling around in his head while he tried to register that this was real and not some trickery of the mind. But when reality finally hit him, it hit him hard and Ezra felt a surge of excitement and longing ignite within him. 

He wasted not another moment before spinning on his heels and dashing towards the direction the howl had come from, his heart beating loudly in his ears the closer he drew near. And then he spotted the splash of silver in the distance and instantly felt relief wash over him, his pace quickening as he desperately tried to reach his family in as little time as possible, as if they would disappear if he didn’t hurry. He slowed himself just enough so that he wouldn’t knock his sisters over before completing plowing into them. Whines filled the air around him while he aimed to drown Clary in kisses, tail swinging happily behind him while doing so. He paused momentarily to look for Nanook but there was no sign of her yet and he selfishly hoped she’d join them soon.
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
How did she like travelling? Where did she even start! "It's so awesome!" her smile broke wide across her face and she hopped a step. "It's like the world goes on forever and ever and ever and ever - and mom," she slapped her paws against the ground and stared up at her mother with wide eyes, alight with excitement. "There are so many things I didn't even know existed till now!"

The news of her brother Nikai's departure barely soured her return - she rather felt excitement bubble up for him, and she would anticipate the day he would return and share the things he had seen. But the news of Murdock ripped her with shock. "Oh, no." Steph.

And it was as if the very thought of her sister summoned her. She had barely a moment to turn before she felt the familiar whack of a like-sized body against her side. Clary twisted with the momentum, her emotions spilling with grief and joy at feeling her sister near. Gosh, she had missed her.

And Ezra - he met her before she could utter a word to either of them, and she collapsed beneath the weight of their love for her. She felt like a kid again - she guessed she still was - and she wriggled about them, tail beating fast with the pleasure she could barely contain. "I missed you both so much!" she piped between her own whines and attempts to lick at each their faces, to make up for all the long nights she had gone without them. "You kay, Steph? I should've been here - and Ez, you're so grown!"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled when Clary looked so happy. This was why she had let her go. She knew that her daughter craved more than just pack life, at least for now. It was good to see her daughter being well traveled and so extremely happy. Valette wagged her tail. She wanted to reply but then Steph and Ezra were there as well. Valette got first rank seats for the sweetest sibling reunion ever. Valette smiled, being a proud mother of all of them.

Ezra had really grown. He was so large compared to his sisters. It was cute how excited he looked to see his sister. Valette watched the reunion of her kids. A wonderful sight. Now she kind of wanted to see Nanook as well. Lots of things happened that she wished to share with her own sister, like that she was mated with Stark and that she shared her heat with him.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Clary seemed just as happy to see her, for which Steph was glad. Her face was licked and she gladly returned them. Ezra joined in and the joyous havoc continued. When Clary asked if she was okay, she nodded, understanding what she was asking. Yeah, I'm okay, she responded. 

Wanting to know, she asked excitedly, So, what happened on your trip? Tell us everything! She would be an attentive listened if her sister wanted to tell the stories of her adventures.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph