Broken Boulder All my life been a black sheep
Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
All Welcome 
AW but hoping to catch a @Delight!

It felt good, he had to admit it. The open lands, the uncertainty of what he'd find ahead and the life without borders. He had accepted Seabreeze's quest without question, the promise of days of travel and new encounters was too good not to. But the best part about it was that despite not being tied down to the pack's lands, Pyro was still on official pack business with an official license to leave. Why hadn't he thought about that before?

Bracken Sanctuary was way up north and despite Seabreeze's detailed directions Pyro still took several days to reach his destination. He knew he was there once he crossed the glacier, which he made a note to visit some other time (that thing was beautiful), and sooner rather than later he picked up the scent of marked borders. He was cautious in his approach, there was still a chance he got to the wrong place and after the coast incident he knew better than to try his luck with pack guards. Also he was on a diplomatic mission and upsetting a pack in the name of Sunspire was the last thing he wanted. He slowed to a stop several leagues away from the territory marks to howl for whoever was in duty to take his message, and then waited patiently in place.

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
If this was another acquaintance of Delight's, Alarian was pretty much ready to quit as Governor. Nonetheless he was prompt in answering the border call, though exhaustion and his limp slowed him somewhat. He was met with a more welcome sight than the last two— a guy. A hot guy.
He approached with a warm smile, trying and failing to not allow his gaze to linger too long. Pretty eyes, too— ah, hell. Of all the things, that should have been the last on his mind. Hello, Alarian called to him, tail swishing as he prepared his standard Pretend-I'm-A-Normal-Leader speech. Welcome to the Bracken Sanctuary. I'm the Governor, Alarian. Is there anything I can do for you?
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

this time he doesn't already know the stranger at their borders, but as he draws close after alarian he does recognize the scent clinging to his fur. there's also something.. strangely familiar about him (and his eyebrows) that delight can't quite place, but for now he chooses to put that aside.

the chancellor draws up just as alarian finishes introducing himself and chuffs to alert his co-leader to his presence. "you're from the sunspire, right?" he asks, voice colored by hopefulness -- he'd been thinking of seabreeze lately, wondering how her litter is doing, and maybe this is his chance to find out.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Anxiously enough for his breathing to quicken Pyro stood up straight as the first wolf limped his way to him. He'd been preparing what he was going to say seeing it as a matter of top importance that he didn't mess up the first impression of Sunspire for Bracken Sanctuary with an awkwardness outbreak. Despite his delicate physique and general lack of a threatening image, the other male's long lasting stare had only worsened the situation for Pyro. It burned as though he had already done something wrong and his paws became uneasy. He was ready to let it out, he had rehearsed it several times to make sure he got it right, but unlike what he expected it was the other who spoke first to bring a very soothing plot twist.

Thank you, Alarian, he said with a smile and a friendly wag of his tail in response to the unexpectedly kind welcome. It turned out that he was indeed in the Bracken Sanctuary, which helped the anxiety levels to drop considerably for Pyro. Once again he gathered some confidence to explain, but before he could muster another word the second wolf arrived to voice a pretty accurate supposition. Oh, yeah! he chuckled. They were making this way too easy for Pyro who was already feeling much calmer. Pyro Rochester, at your service, he offered a little bow of head before finally taking his turn to explain: I'm looking for Delight. I come with a message from Seabreeze. After that he simply smiled, unsure of what else he was supposed to do in this kind of situation.

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
exit ali unless someone wants him for something!
Honestly, it wasn't fair. Delight got to have kids and a million visitors— Alarian got to lose loved ones and be someone's questionable rebound fuck. He was more than a little bitter about it. More than a little insecure, too.
He had already gone quiet at his friend's recognition of the pack scent on the stranger; hearing his name fall from Pyro's lips only further soured his mood. It wouldn't have been professional, though, to spill his hurt feelings all over the place. Alarian carefully tucked it away, gaze averting for a few beats to collect himself. Whatever message the guy had for Delight, it wasn't any of his business; it never was.
You're looking at him, He pointed out in a light tone, gesturing to Delight with a slight smile. I'll— let you handle that, then.
Time to go, time to go, time to go. Further into the territory, if no one stopped him, then around and past the borders on another side of Broken Boulder— then all the way out to the Bypass to find someone he thought might actually pay attention to him because what are timelines.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

another rochester? he's intrigued even before pyro mentions seabreeze, making his face light up. and then alarian's leaving and -- his expression creases, concerned as he watches his friend's retreating form. ah... he should talk to him... he's been busy with the babies, but now that he isn't feeling like a useless sack of shit so much (or at least, he's back to feeling like the normal amount of a useless sack of shit) he can make more of an effort.

right now, though: seabreeze news. "oh!" delight says, "what is it?" the thought that it might not be good news occurs to him suddenly -- thanks brain -- making him tense as he waits for pyro to deliver.
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Sorry for the short reply! Just quickly trying to go through all my threads D:

Pyro's eyes jump back to the darker wolf when Alarian explain he is, in fact, Delight himself. Oh, hey! he greets as his tail waves for him. Then Alarian dismisses himself and Pyro nods with a thankful smile before moving back to the topic at hand.

Nice to meet you, delight, he starts, always finding the time to be polite, then says: They sent me to let you know her pups are born and healthy, to tackle the first point in his to-do list, knowing that the second point was a more sensitive announcement. There were some... Complications during the whelping and Seabreeze has had a rough few weeks, but she's recovering now. he said, hoping he'd handled it the best way as not to raise worries.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

once pyro starts to speak and it becomes clear there's no shocking twist about to come, delight relaxes. truthfully he's quite taken by pyro's charm, which is so different from every other rochester he's gotten to meet. he wants to know where on the family tree the woodspun boy falls, but -- more pressing matters, first, like seabreeze's message for him. 

his expression falls slightly at mention of 'complications', even if she's better -- poor thing deserved an easy and uncomplicated life, birth, all of it. "how many are there?" he asks, his voice soft, "and -- do you happen to know their names?" he doesn't know how close pyro and seabreeze are -- if at all -- but he hopes he can answer that. he doesn't ask after the complications -- not unless pyro's willing to part with more details without being pressed. he doesn't really have the right anymore to sit and fret. or at least that's how he feels, maybe selfishly. instead he murmurs "thank you," and adds, "you can tell her -- mine were born, too, all healthy. two girls and a boy, brilliance, solomon, and mali."
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Just as was to be expected there were questions following Pyro's message. But he was prepared for it, well informed and willing to do a good job, so one by one all of Delight's questions would be answered. There were two pups. A girl named Ibis and her brother Okeanos. he said, hoping he had gotten the names right. They're beautiful, he added absentmindedly as their image got rendered from memory.

Pyro fell silent then, expecting more questions to come from where the others had, but instead he was informed of the man's own brood, which brought a smile to Pyro's face. Well congrats, Delight! he said joyfully, I'll tell her, he then promised, feeling happy for the friendly guy. In fact, feeling happy for puppy season in general.

With the sky turning from blue to warmer colors Pyro realized it was better to start looking for a hole to spend the night. It was no time to hunt nor to stat the trip back home, so anything in the vicinity would have to do. He wasn't aware of how much Delight still wanted to ask, nor about his pack's friendly border policies. If he had he would have asked to spend the night with them but instead he said Well, you're very kind to have me, Delight, but I think it's time I go find somewhere to stay tonight, wishing he could just rent a room somewhere, but that didn't really exist in his context, did it?

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

ibis and okeanos; he commits this to memory immediately, trying to imagine what they might look like, be like. he doesn't know of their paternity and so what comes to mind are two tiny visions of seabreeze with hints of mato here and there. it makes his chest ache with longing, and he wishes he could go to her now and see them for himself. but he thinks of his own babes, their spotted bodies held close to queenie, and it soothes him a little, especially with pyro's congratulations.

smiling he nods, glad seabreeze will at least know about his too -- and hey, he and queenie are both scouts, maybe when they're older they could take them to go visit. there's little else for them to exchange information wise -- beyond delight's fascination with rochesters -- so he's not surprised when pyro starts to excuse himself. 

he is surprised when he blurts "you can stay here," feeling warmth rush to his cheeks. it's -- he's a leader, that's allowed, and that's the point of the sanctuary -- oh surely alarian won't mind, right? for a cute rochester? (not like he can back out now ha ha delight you have made this cute bed and now you are going to watch it longingly from afar).
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Before Pyro could actually say farewell Delight blurted an invitation to stay with the Sanctuary, catching him by surprise. What? Really? he couldn't believe it. Packs are usually closed territories, restricted and patrolled to enforce boundaries. It was clear that they were friendly with Sunspire but Pyro was a complete stranger nonetheless.

That would be awesome! he exclaimed, not really giving much more thought. Delight seemed okay, Alarian seemed okay, a night alone? Not so much. Besides, if Seabreeze trusted this guy enough to let him know her defenseless babies are running about the Sunspire then what was there for Pyro to even worry about? Also... Is there any chance I'll get to meet your kids? he couldn't help asking. He figured it was worth a shot despite the overwhelming improbability of his request to ever be even considered. No one wants their kids exposed to an unknown wolf.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

oh god he's so cute. pyro! if only this were an entirely different point in delight's life, that you could be pursuable. oh he hates himself. still blushing fiercely he nods, wrangling himself in check to say, "of course -- i know how far you've traveled." there all good. pyro's second question makes him pause -- he doesn't mind because he's a weak motherfucker, but... "their mom is pretty defensive," delight says apologetically, imagining already queenie's fury at delight bringing a stranger near their den. "i think she'd kill both of us if we tried, honestly. sorry," he adds, sheepishly shrugging as he steps back in his old habit from tindómë. "you're probably tired though, right? i can show you where the dens are," he offers, wondering what the heck he has gotten himself into (haha alarian don't interact.)
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

The invitation was real yo. Delight confirmed it and Pyro was delightful for knowing he would have to spend hours looking for a proper place to crash and then spend a night in terror of being attacked by a cougar. they were pretty common up north where he was. Not an ideal situation. Besides Delight seemed like amazing company. However, Pyro's request was quickly turned down. Nah, that's fine... I figured it was a long shot but I had to try anyway. You could say I'm a bit... Enthusiastic about pups, he said blushing. Pups were fun, curious and way too clumsy not to like them. But momma bears? Not so fun to deal with. I don't want to disturb your mate, he said, after which we was in full disposition to follow Delight to be deposited wherever the right place to sleep was.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
this was my 500th post ENJOY

ugh pyro is so bubbly. he doesn't like bubbly normally but it's cute, damn it all. he nods, glad he's not too upset about being denied -- he really doesn't wanna get yelled at for being weak to cute boys here -- oh wait wha "not! my mate," delight says hastily, his voice shooting several pitches higher in distress. mate? mate? no, no no no, though it's a perfectly reasonable assumption to make and all, can't fault the guy, haha, noo. "just, uh," he adds, forcing his voice back to a completely normal tone, "a -- a friend, y'know. very contemporary arrangement and all," what the fuck is he talking about, "anyway, dens, right this way," someone KILL HIM please thanks bye.