Broken Boulder but i have high unicorn tolerance
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
All Welcome 
PAPA WANTS HIS BABYS @Brilliance @Mali

after queenie manages to successfully force him into the den, her words reassuring (or... reprimanding, really), delight takes a few minutes to find a way to lay down as gingerly as possible, still afraid of crushing them by accident. it takes a moment, but it becomes clearer he's not in immediate danger of killing them (yet) and he relaxes. this is his first time seeing them up close like this -- delight takes in the details of their forms, the way their colors are beginning to shift. already mali's lighter, a soft silver taking over his coat -- and he can see the bigger splotches of merle in brilliance's coat, too. @Solomon is still a dark shape, though he can see light spots on her, too. 

cautiously, nervously, he reaches out to brilliance, gathering her into his paws and giving her a gentle lick on the top of her head. if queenie's got a soft spot for mali, delight's is for brilliance: she was the first one to enter his life, and she carries his name. beside him, solomon shoves against his side in a fruitless search for milk, making quiet complaints into his armpit before resignedly sprawling beside him. like brilliance, her eyes had opened -- but without the fuss and fanfare beyond some initial upset at the sudden change. unlike her noisy siblings, solomon seems to resign herself to these events beyond her control (for the most part), a moody shadow of her father.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mali was going in a totally different direction at a snail's pace.  Though his eyes opened (kinda) and the world was blurry, he still trusted his other senses more.  That was partly why he was attempting to wiggle his way over Delight's tail to the far side where Queenie's scent was strongest.  The fact that tails were light enough for even a wigglebean such as himself to move wasn't helping -- it was like she was eternally on the other side somewhere, but when the tail crossed the scent it was washed out by Delight's.  Where'd she go?  He uttered a series of pathetic whines before trying to gum his father's tail to death in frustration.
warm and golden like an oven that's wide open
45 Posts
Ooc —
*cheats*

while dad focuses his attentions on brilliance, solomon has given up finding milk from his unyielding belly. she whines her discontent until she makes out mali's shape near his rear and begins to waddle toward him, looking for someone to share her discomfiture with. from the other end delight says "ow," wagging his tail in an attempt to shake off the baby-gumming beset upon it. the movement fascinates solomon, who reaches mali and decides to mimic him by latching her tiny mouth onto his tail, which is much smaller and much less satisfyingly wiggly. despite this she holds on as tight as she can, a puppy grumble escaping her as she tugs (or tries to tug) her brother backwards.
117 Posts
Ooc —
sight and sound are still in the works, unable to depend on them for anything in particular. everything is blurry. light and darkness and shapes and some differences—delight certainly wasn’t queenie—and she watches him settle on the ground (sorta) and when he scoops her up and moves her, offers only a single wail of protest. it’s short lived and she’s distracted by a few licks across the top of her head. her face wrinkles in disgust. ugh, gross.

her head turns to search for the other bumbling idiots she shares a den with but delight’s leg is in the way and she lifts her wobbly head, turning a little to get out of the caresses of a foreign tongue to make a great escape.
i just want to find a god
and i hope she loves me too
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
But the tail did its best to escape!  Kind of.  It also came back and swatted him in the face a few times, as it wasn't like he had much of a grip on it.  As he got swatted, he uttered a few pathetic grunts, head awkwardly pulled back, mouth open like some angry lion statue or something.  -- Or so was the case until his own tail was assaulted.

That caused a whole new noise -- okay, not new, but definitely a wail that was something along the lines of, "Help, the fluffy snake is attacking me and now something is trying to eat me!"  Where was mom?  Someone save him from this harassment!
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

brilliance seems offended by his affections -- what does he do with that? they're too little for it to hurt his feelings, but still, dang. sighing he shifts, allowing the girl to make her escape by lowering her gently back to the earth of the den. "sorry," he mumbles, sheepish until his attention is captured by mali's squealing.

turning he sees solomon latched onto her brother's tail, still emmitting a low grrrrr as she wiggles against him. aw jeez kids. solomon is unperturbed by her brother's complaints, only letting go when papa intercedes, gently nudging her back with his nose. startled she reacts to this intrusion by biting him on the nose, her teethless gums not exactly a threat. "ow," he says anyway, surprised, before turning to mali and giving him a reassuring lick on the head, mumbling "there you go, no more attempted murder, alright?"
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
117 Posts
Ooc —
when she’s given freedom, her little legs hit the ground running. she tries to get around to the backside to catch the tail too but she doesn’t make it in time. there’s a disagreement between the other two siblings and delight moves in a way that interrupts her and she hmphs loudly and plops back, looking back at the man’s underside as he tries to reassure solomon (who isn’t having it either). the tail is forgotten, however, when she realizes her sister is getting attention that should be hers and so grumpily she redirects her path and flings herself at the man’s chin.
i just want to find a god
and i hope she loves me too