Duskfire Glacier The clock ticks and tocks, that means we have one less day.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
@Siarut and @Takiyok please let @Amka reply first :)

Steele had lead the ebony female to the border but he was careful not to cross it. “Don’t cross, I don’t want them to think you had intruded” he said before throwing his head back and giving a soft song to the Leaders. It was unexpected the way it came out, soft and echoing off the air. As he lowered his head back down, his auds met the woman. A slow nod was gestured.

they will be here soon.” He said plainly. For the wait her sat down flicking his tail as he watched the horizon for the outline of them.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

12 Posts
Ooc —
She followed behind the smoky brute, paying more attention to her surroundings than when the raven led her to these lands. She'd been more than surprised to find that a group of northerners lived on the glacier - having stayed near it just because it was a glacier. 

This is your home? She nearly asked as they drew near the borders - enabling her to see the glacier and all its beauty - though she bit her tongue. Surely, the rhetorical question would seem stupid. 

"It's beautiful," she breathed softly to complete her thought, accidentally slipping into her mother tongue. Amka's sunflower gaze shifted to Steele briefly, offering a small smile though he wouldn't understand the words. 

The Eshevak was tempted to shoot Steele a deadpan look as he warned her not to cross (she knew better than that), but thought better of this idea and simply nodded, choosing to remain on her feet. 

Her molten pair of optics scanned the far horizon, watching for the wolves Steele had called for, as her ears flattened nervously in wait. 
"Are you insane like me, been in pain like me?

Are you deranged like me, strange like me?"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

The howl pierced his keen ears as he left the cavern in the center of the frozen land. He had just been checking on his sisters when Steele called from the border. The song wasn't one of aggression or fear, which helped Siarut calm his wild thoughts of intruders. He made his way quickly, with Takiyok on the brink of leaving for a scouting trip, Siarut made sure to be available at all time of the day, so she could properly prepare without worrying over her leadership duties. His ears perked to the slightest sound of distress from his family.

Arriving to find Steele accompanied by a dark lady, Sia quirked a brow at the man. Unfortunately his lack of knowledge surrounding the northern tongue meant that the Atausiq couldn't conceal their conversation from prying ears. Green eyes flicked between the pair, before settling on the woman. Watching her movements carefully, "Steele." The man greeted, even with his gaze not fixed on the other male, he greeted him a slight question in his tone.

Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

142 Posts
Ooc —
On the horizon came his leader, he dipped his head respectfully as he was greeted. As his head came back up he looked at Amka and then Siarut. “This is Amka, she speaks your native language. I offered her to come and speak to you and maybe join if you feel that she would be fit.” He explained himself. 

It it would be up to Amka to talk to Siarut now. A piece of Steele hoped he would allow her in, she seemed to know the language well and love the land so far. His gaze shifted from Amka to Siarut again.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She had a lot to do before she left for a few days, but she still found time to keep up with her daily duties, knowing her anxiety would ride her hard if she didn't. The malguk had just returned from checking on the ridge and was making her way back across the borders when she heard Steele's call. She wasted no time heading that way, interested to see why the male had summoned Sia and her. It took her just a little bit to get to where her packmate had stopped with the the stranger, so she wasn't surprised to see that her brother was already there.

She greeted them both with a curt nod once close enough to do so and went to stand at Sia's side. She had missed any introductions, so proceeded as if there had been none. Steele, she said calmly. Who is this? she asked with a lift of her head towards the female. If Sia had already asked the question, she hadn't heard it. She too spoke the words in common instead of their native language, wanting Steele to be able to understand what was being said.
Inuttuk
Common

12 Posts
Ooc —
[size=11.6667px%%%]A single white speck appears on the horizon - reigniting her nerves - growing ever closer. In time, Amka can see it's a pale man.

A northman, she corrected herself mentally. 

He's crafted of snow - so reminiscent of the people she'd left behind that it causes a dull ache to spread over her body - yet his eyes are summer though not nearly as warm.

He's as cold as the boreal forest she hails from.

She's accustomed to being disregarded and drops her golden gaze to the ground as the man turns to Steele with a question buried beneath his greeting.

Her inky lips part after Steele has introduced her - only slightly, as if she considered speaking - before closing again. Amka's not entirely sure she's been given leave to speak and peers up at the northman curiously - careful not to meet his gaze and provoke him.

A second follows behind him, as fierce and pale though female, leading her gaze to fall the earth once more. The two are similar in appearance - beyond their coats - lending the impression of siblings. "Amka," she answers, the name strongly accented by her northern descent despite the hesitancy in the words for she's not so sure she's welcome in the conversation - if their behavior is any indication.
[/size]

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He wasn't necessarily surprised as his sister came along side. She was a workaholic, and her duties as a leader pushed her further than Sia thought absolutely health. He spared his pale mirror a side ways glance before returning to the black woman before them.

Her presence spoke of a meekness, that Siarut couldn't find suited her. She is tall, with an agile look about her. She was smaller than Takiyok and himself, but that wasn't necessarily a surprise. There were few outside the Ateneq clan that could match the giant beasts.

Nodding to the woman, "Amka, the friendly spirit." He translated easily and he wondered if the woman was true to her name. "Are you from the north?" Sia didn't mean to exclude Steele, rather he wanted to test the woman. She could be a hybrid, similar to his own niece and nephews who had been born in the south but knew the northern tongue and were being raised as northerners.

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele had let the woman answer for herself after explaining to Siarut. Takiyok was a leader too but he felt as though it was up to Amka now to ask questions or not. The steely brute sat back on his haunches and let the others talk. 

Steele can be pp’d the rest of this thread if need be !

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She introduced herself as Amka, and Taki listened quietly as Sia translated the word to Steele before asking the stranger if she was from the north. She studied the woman in front of her. The malguk doubted she was a true northern wolf since her coat was dark, but she was tall and powerful, so maybe there was northerner in her somewhere. She too was interested to see how well this female knew her and her brother's native tongue, so she waited with an interested expression for the female to answer Sia's question. They would get to the important questions soon enough.
Inuttuk
Common

12 Posts
Ooc —
I'm not entirely sure these translations are correct but what I got is: 
Siarut: button
Takiyok: big (is) ?

Amka was not a timid wolf but she thought even the coolest person would feel unnerved when faced with the siblings. They watched her as if she were rabid, talking to Steele about her as if she couldn't even hear. It was enough to make anyone feel nervous. 

"Aye," she murmured, still keeping her eyes lowered. "I was born in the boreal forest of the Interior - between the mountain range and the glacial pass. It's dark much of the time and the summer is brief, full of fires." They could doubt her color but not her background; she was northern, just of a different stock than the arctic wolves. 

"When 'e mentioned his pack, it sounded northern. I thought I would check it out," she added in the common tongue, words halting cautiously. "If there's no room or somethin', I get it, just seemed worth looking into."

Amka couldn't tell if they were displeased by her presence or not. Her gaze slid between the pair of leaders cautiously, wondering if it was something she'd done to put them so on edge. 

"I can fight, hunt, the like. I'll prove it if ya want me ta, just gimme a test," her chin raised a fraction at the notion, the common words rolling off her tongue with a soft flare. Some tribes required their initiates to prove their skills, didn't they? Perhaps IkKanattuk was one of them.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
omg! Didn’t know it was my turn! You should have poked me lol

The girl seemed eager, Siarut slowly nodded. “Only time will tell how useful you will be to us.” Looking between his sister and Steele, he knew that Takiyok preferred actions to words, “With time you will proof if your words are true. There is plenty of room, especially for those that favour the north or our ways.”

“I am Siarut the Atausiq, and this is Takiyok the Malguk, my second. Of course you know Steele.” His olive gaze held a glint of kindness at her brazen words, and her spirit. He hoped she would fit in well. “Welcome to IkKanattuk.” There was no smile, just a subtle wag of his tail. “Perhaps one of us could I’ve you a tour?” She girl didn’t seem suspicious in anyway, and deemed the entrance a basic affair. Of course just like any recruit she would be observed until she could be deemed truly loyal and trust worthy.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}